Are We Supposed To Harden Walmarts and Grocery Stores, Too?

We don’t have data on how effective it would be pass federal law to raise the minimum age limit on long guns. So I can’t compare the two but I’m in favor of both.

Seems to me looking at the shootings of late a lot of them are committed by other students who are under the age of 18 where they can't buy any kind of gun. That age restriction didn't seem to stop them though.

Seems to me looking at the shootings of late a lot of them are committed by other students who are under the age of 18 where they can't buy any kind of gun.
Correct. And thanks to my buddy Big Bend Texas, 18 to 20-year-olds are disproportionately more likely to be responsible for gun homicides.

Okay then. There is your evidence. Age restrictions will not stop these school shootings.
We don’t know how many are stopped because of age restrictions. The data shows that there is a need for an age restriction.

Obviously it won’t stop every one of them but it’s better than handing them a legal instrument for causing maximum damage.

I don’t care how it’s done. I just want the issue fixed. But I agree that the plan you conservatives came up with isn’t very good.

Why isn't it? Like I said, I was listening to an expert on security. He stated that these shootings take place in suburban or rural areas and not the inner-cities. Why is that? Because the inner-cities already have security, locked doors, armed guards because of the fighting that takes place normally in these schools.

Pretty clear that security works more than raising age requirements as I demonstrated with the link I provided of this years shootings.

We don’t know how many are stopped because of age restrictions.

So do we make new policy that affects hundreds of thousands or millions based on no possible way to know how many age restrictions stopped? That's complete stupidity, so deal with what we do know.

We know age requirements will not stop or slow down a shooter.
We know that secured school buildings do work.

Why isn't it? Like I said, I was listening to an expert on security. He stated that these shootings take place in suburban or rural areas and not the inner-cities. Why is that? Because the inner-cities already have security, locked doors, armed guards because of the fighting that takes place normally in these schools.

Pretty clear that security works more than raising age requirements as I demonstrated with the link I provided of this years shootings.
Still impossible to compare since we don’t have a federal age restriction on guns.

I’m still good with both armed security and age restrictions. Armed teachers, however, is a dumb idea.

So do we make new policy that affects hundreds of thousands or millions based on no possible way to know how many age restrictions stopped? That's complete stupidity, so deal with what we do know.

We know age requirements will not stop or slow down a shooter.
We know that secured school buildings do work.
We already put an age restriction on hand guns. That wasn‘t stupid.

You’re assuming that age requirements will not slow down any shooters.

Assuming what you’re trying to claim is circular logic.

Still impossible to compare since we don’t have a federal age restriction on guns.

I’m still good with both armed security and age restrictions. Armed teachers, however, is a dumb idea.

Not a dumb idea at all. Armed teachers tells any potential shooter he will face a challenge in his attack. That's called a deterrent. And again, most mass shootings happen in places that do have gun restrictions, so there is nothing stupid about arming teachers at all.

We already put an age restriction on hand guns. That wasn‘t stupid.

You’re assuming that age requirements will not slow down any shooters.

Assuming what you’re trying to claim is circular logic.

Yes, we do have age restrictions on hand guns but they end up in school all the time by students under the age of 18. Proof positive age restrictions are not solving the problem nor will solve any of these problems in the future.

Not a dumb idea at all. Armed teachers tells any potential shooter he will face a challenge in his attack. That's called a deterrent. And again, most mass shootings happen in places that do have gun restrictions, so there is nothing stupid about arming teachers at all.
Seems ineffective to me. What are the chances of it making a difference?

And this was a red county in Texas where the last school shooting took place. Texas already allows teachers to be armed but it didn’t happen there. You guys couldn’t even implement your own stupid idea in your own red territory.

But go ahead and implement it. Fine with me. I’m just tired of you guys coming up with excuses for your policy failures.

Yes, we do have age restrictions on hand guns but they end up in school all the time by students under the age of 18. Proof positive age restrictions are not solving the problem nor will solve any of these problems in the future.
That doesn’t prove that at all. If you didn’t have the hand gun age restriction, I think it’s likely that there would be more hand gun shootings in schools.

The age restriction obviously isn’t going to stop every one, but I don’t see why you guys would think it stops none.

Some is better than a lot.

That doesn’t prove that at all. If you didn’t have the hand gun age restriction, I think it’s likely that there would be more hand gun shootings in schools.

The age restriction obviously isn’t going to stop every one, but I don’t see why you guys would think it stops none.

Some is better than a lot.

You are arguing like a six year old. Tell me, where is your crystal ball of yours that tells you we would have more shootings without gun age restrictions, especially since I proved they don't work? If they don't work on all these kids with guns, how would they work on anybody else?

If you are going to argue assumption over facts, you already lost the debate.

You are arguing like a six year old. Tell me, where is your crystal ball of yours that tells you we would have more shootings without gun age restrictions, especially since I proved they don't work?
I could ask the same of you. Where is your crystal ball that says we would have the same amount of school shootings with or without age restrictions?

Seems ineffective to me. What are the chances of it making a difference?

And this was a red county in Texas where the last school shooting took place. Texas already allows teachers to be armed but it didn’t happen there. You guys couldn’t even implement your own stupid idea in your own red territory.

But go ahead and implement it. Fine with me. I’m just tired of you guys coming up with excuses for your policy failures.

As I said, schools are locally funded. It's up to the parents, the school board, the taxpayers if they want to arm their schools and teachers armed or not. And where have our policies failed? How many school shootings did we have in well armed and secured schools?

As I said, schools are locally funded. It's up to the parents, the school board, the taxpayers if they want to arm their schools and teachers armed or not. And where have our policies failed? How many school shootings did we have in well armed and secured schools?
You couldn’t even implement your own stupid idea in your own stupid red community. That’s how you failed.

You guys just give excuses for your own incompetence.

Forum List

Back