🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are You Being Hounded By The Church For Multiple Pledges?

just looking at the headline and didn't read links . But being HOUNDED , so what 'OKFine . HOUNDED simply means being asked and asked numerous times for the money that may have been expected . Have the Catholics broken any arms and legs yet . Now the Catholic Church breaking arms and legs would certainly be a story but ASKING for money numerous times is no big deal 'OKFine .

just looking at the headline and didn't read links . But being HOUNDED , so what 'OKFine . HOUNDED simply means being asked and asked numerous times for the money that may have been expected . Have the Catholics broken any arms and legs yet . Now the Catholic Church breaking arms and legs would certainly be a story but ASKING for money numerous times is no big deal 'OKFine .
The church is expecting the parishioners, especially those on fixed incomes, to pay for the abusers sins is a big deal. 15 year multiple pledges from the elderly is absurd, and that is what is being asked for.

The Catholic church just can't take no for an answer from their parishioners. Their coffers need to be filled because insurance denies payment to the abuse victims and legal fees are killing them.

Major Sexual Abuse Settlements in the Catholic Church

Attorney General Launches Statewide Investigation Into Catholic Dioceses Handling of Sex Abuse Cases

I have never been part of a church with legal expenses but I have been part of churches with building ambitions.

10% of your money is a lot. If you make minimum wage that is still $1,500 per year. No church leader is respectable that asks for more than 10%. That's gross.

I've been Catholic for 54 years and not once have they demanded money from me.

If you make a pledge to a church or charity it is enforceable in a court of law.

Solution is never make pledges.

If you make a pledge to a church or charity it is enforceable in a court of law.

I highly doubt that. Do you have a link to a story of a church that tried to do this?

I agree though. It is an abhorrent fund raising tactic. I did it once. I will never do it again.

I just give money when I want to give money.

I highly doubt that. Do you have a link to a story of a church that tried to do this?

I agree though. It is an abhorrent fund raising tactic. I did it once. I will never do it again.

It happened to my father. He made a pledge to my Catholic high school and they threatened legal action when he couldn't pay it.

The church is expecting the parishioners, especially those on fixed incomes, to pay for the abusers sins is a big deal. 15 year multiple pledges from the elderly is absurd, and that is what is being asked for.
--------------------------------------- if the 'old poor folks' don't like it let them Quit the Church 'OKFine ..

It happened to my father. He made a pledge to my Catholic high school and they threatened legal action when he couldn't pay it.

I don't doubt that.

The Catholic church just can't take no for an answer from their parishioners. Their coffers need to be filled because insurance denies payment to the abuse victims and legal fees are killing them.

Attorney General Launches Statewide Investigation Into Catholic Dioceses Handling of Sex Abuse Cases
Any time a church of any denomination pays out a settlement for their crimes, it is the parishioners who pony up the funds.

I was in the hospital with a knee issue, the deacon came in every day and ask me if I wanted communion. Finally I ask him if he goes to church, he said yes of course. Then I ask him if he donates to the church, he said yes of course. Then I ask him if he minded that all or part of his donation was going to the sex abuse victims of priest and how does he rationalize this. He walked out and didn't bother me again. I have no idea how mentally deluded a person can be to continue to attend a child's sex abuse club, some with children, or how any parent can allow a child to be an altar boy or girl. These parents should be arrested

I still believe in God, in fact my beliefs strengthened when I got away from the sicko pedophiles and worse yet the public who continues to fund them and lives with their eyes and ears shut

Last edited:

Forum List

Back