Are You Better or Worse (Economically) Now Than YOU Were 3 Years Ago ?

I'm sorry you are struggling in this great economic time.

Should we start you a go fund me or something?
Could you explain to me that in such great economic times, credit card debt has hit an all time high and more folk are not clearing the balance, it's having to role over to the next month incurring eye-watering interest? Just looking to see why your statement with no link doesn't match reality.

My link is in post #160 (just in case your anal tampon twitches again).

They have always been allowed into this country, even your god Trump did not slow down the flow of them till 2020 when COVID did it for him.
Bullshit - Trump was against illegal immigration from day1, and it was Democrats who kept on opposing the wall.

Last time that happened (and only time, to tell the truth) it was the Bush crash of 2008/2009 and that wasn't inflation, it was crooked banks/bankers and poor regulation of an industry, more important than I and regular Americans. I survived the high inflation of the 70s and 80s back when we were all in this, together, little or no help from government. Now, I will be fine. You are on your own.
No time in US history has been anywhere near as bad as 2021-2024 regarding housing rents. (100-200% INFLATION)

I think PJ and I will just keep the mortgage free home, loan free cars, and excellent multiple health insurrances (government and private) with real pensions, because we would only work for companies that had pensions and 401K, that we didn't touch for forty years, other than to manage and allocate. This will keep us insulated by our decisions of a long time ago, based on parent and grandparent advice, living the economy since 1973 and making A's in Managerial Finance.
Congratulations! You get an A for longtime financial planning.

Now back to the topic of weathering the storm of Biden's unprecedented inflation (2021-2024) with housing rents & gas prices risen 100-200%, and the millions of people who are struggling with that.

Keyword in the OP title is "Now".

Didn't we get a $1400 stimulus check in the mail 3 years ago from Biden?

I'm certain there are many folks renting, in the same shape as you... Because you not only face rising food costs, but also the rising rents...and if you are in or close to retirement then there is little you can do to improve your income situation other than maybe getting a part time job, to supplement.

Have you thought of moving to a state with cheaper rents?

5+ million illegals live somewhere

NO, I most certainly do NOT think that. When Trump was president, inflation was ZERO, and at times hovered around that level. When he left office, it was a meager 1.4%, and he was placing tariffs all over the place,
Inflation doesn't go up the day or even months after a tariff is imposed. It was never ZERO, look it up.

Could you explain to me that in such great economic times, credit card debt has hit an all time high and more folk are not clearing the balance, it's having to role over to the next month incurring eye-watering interest? Just looking to see why your statement with no link doesn't match reality.

My link is in post #160 (just in case your anal tampon twitches again).
If you could see our beaches at this moment and bridges leading to them you will see why cc debt is so high. People paying anywhere from $400 to $1200 a night just to see the gulf. They certainly aren't paying cash since the economy is in the shit hole as some thinks. They certainly aren't using the cc to pay for nessicities.

Where would that be ? (not that I have any intention of moving).

I think instead of me moving, the one who need to move is Joe Biden - out of the White House.
And he has what, to do with rents being higher? And what would Trump do to lower them? He's one of those greedy Landlords raising rents, guaranteed. His sympathy is with the Landlords.

I dunno? Maybe Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas? Any small town, country setting? Florida used to be cheap, but that went to the wayside almost two decades ago....

Also, consider a two bedroom and sharing rent with another senior... Or three bedroom with two other renters...a house. Or the opposite, a studio apt.?

Rents, never go down....they only go up...it's going to get worse.... See if you qualify for lower income senior rentals that are cheaper with your state or city. There could be a 3 or 4 year wait... :( though....

Inflation doesn't go up the day or even months after a tariff is imposed. It was never ZERO, look it up.
I looked it up. For 3 months (April -June 2020.........0.3.....0.1.....0.6), it was zero when Trump was president. And it never went above 2.9% during his entire presidency.

PS - I wonder why I can no longer copy/paste graphs. :dunno:

Last edited:
According to whom ? Joe Biden's stats ? Don't make us laugh.
Sorry you don't like numbers if they don't support your bias.

Plus as I already noted, millions of people, like myself, dont get wages. We live on Social Security and pensions, which barely move, while prices are skyrocketing.
Sorr to hear but if you had money in the market you'd be protected.

yeah, most are. That you are sucking at life and suffering does not change that
You must have a rather odd conception of "life". I'm doing very well at what I consider important in life (my art paintings, my music, my literature). I dont feel like I'm suffering.

Getting rather hot outside now. I think I'll go for dip in my nice big pool, before I practice a few of my musical pieces, I'll be playing at the party tonight. Don't want to disappoint all the hot, 20 something cuties there. Meanwhile, you can relax watching your Father Knows Best re-runs. :biggrin:

1717883200051.jpeg

1717883274601.jpeg

You must have a rather odd conception of "life". I'm doing very well at what I consider important in life (my art paintings, my music, my literature). I dont feel like I'm suffering.

Getting rather hot outside now. I think I'll go for dip in my nice big pool, before I practice a few of my musical pieces, I'll be playing at the party tonight. Don't want to disappoint all the hot, 20 something cuties there. Meanwhile, you can relax watching your Father Knows Best re-runs. :biggrin:

View attachment 959439

View attachment 959441

yet you cannot stop yourself from coming to this forum and whining like a 3 year old about how bad things are

Forum List

Back