Are You Good2go?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I'm putting this in Politics because the only reason something as stupefyingly horrible could exist is due to the politicized War on Women Rape Culture bullshit that is promoted on college campuses.

Want to make sure you and your partner are on the same page before you hook up? There’s an app for that.

Good2Go, which launched on Wednesday, is designed to get two parties to explicitly agree to sexual activity and log their level of intoxication with the hope of combating sexual assault, particularly on college campuses.

“Good2Go should be treated in the same manner as putting on a condom,” its website explains. “It may stop the action for a second, but everyone understands it is in the interest of safety, so it is worth the momentary pause.”

The free app works as follows: After sparks fly with a potential hookup, one of the people involved launches the free Good2Go app on his or her phone.

When it is opened, the app will display the question, “Are we Good2Go?” The other party then selects “No thanks,” “Yes, but...we need to talk” or “I’m Good2Go.”

If the first option is chosen, a screen pops up that says “Remember! No means No! Only Yes means Yes, BUT can be changed to NO at any time!”

The second choice pauses the app so the pair can have their discussion.

The third option prompts the parties to answer, honestly, whether they are “sober,” “mildly intoxicated,” “intoxicated but Good2Go” or “pretty wasted.”

Should the person fall into the “pretty wasted category,” the app declares that he or she cannot properly consent....

Good2Go App lets users give consent but raises privacy concerns - NY Daily News

I suspect that the Koch Brothers have Their People do the negotiations for them.

Next up: an application to add to your iPad which can detect your hook-up's actual age — designed to combat statutory rape charges brought on by girls who look above the ages of consent and carry fake IDs.

I'm putting this in Politics because the only reason something as stupefyingly horrible could exist is due to the politicized War on Women Rape Culture bullshit that is promoted on college campuses.

Want to make sure you and your partner are on the same page before you hook up? There’s an app for that.

Good2Go, which launched on Wednesday, is designed to get two parties to explicitly agree to sexual activity and log their level of intoxication with the hope of combating sexual assault, particularly on college campuses.

“Good2Go should be treated in the same manner as putting on a condom,” its website explains. “It may stop the action for a second, but everyone understands it is in the interest of safety, so it is worth the momentary pause.”

The free app works as follows: After sparks fly with a potential hookup, one of the people involved launches the free Good2Go app on his or her phone.

When it is opened, the app will display the question, “Are we Good2Go?” The other party then selects “No thanks,” “Yes, but...we need to talk” or “I’m Good2Go.”

If the first option is chosen, a screen pops up that says “Remember! No means No! Only Yes means Yes, BUT can be changed to NO at any time!”

The second choice pauses the app so the pair can have their discussion.

The third option prompts the parties to answer, honestly, whether they are “sober,” “mildly intoxicated,” “intoxicated but Good2Go” or “pretty wasted.”

Should the person fall into the “pretty wasted category,” the app declares that he or she cannot properly consent....

Good2Go App lets users give consent but raises privacy concerns - NY Daily News

AND before asking the young lady out, go online and search her Good2Go rating.

Saves you buying those expensive meals and movie tickets.

Think about it, this could be a very good thing

And then there's the app for goldiggers to search a prospective Sugar Daddy's balance sheet!

Did you guys hear about the guy that created the spy on your spouse/child app was arrested on some kind of charges related to espionage?

No, I didn't. Clearly, somebody is afraid of what he found out!

Forum List

Back