Are your neighbors nosy ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
It seems no matter where you live in Vegas -it’s nosy
My complex is fairly quite at night

In the day : it seems every damn day I get woken to Mexican leaf blowers and landscapers . I also noticed a new group of kids that hang out a few hundred feet from me and our loud

At night : I often hear motorcycles zooming by and sometimes police cars

I like it quite

My apartments are detached , so I don’t hear the usual death metal or rap crap at 2 am

Maybe it’s me

What about you ??

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ... please ...

But seriously ... go move out into the desert on some BLM land ... drill a well, string electric wires in, dig a septic tank ... very peaceful and quite, just all the rattlin' from the snakes ...

Once had a neighbor put up a saw dust collection system against our property line ... maybe 2,000 gallon tank up a good 30 feet ... ran a bit over 100 dB, or so I'm told ... the windows facing the thing would vibrate and a couple doors would rattle ... 10 hours and day, 4 days a week ... conversation was impossible on that side of my property ... [sigh] ... unfortunately for me, they were zoned for industrial use, so this was allowed under code ...

They were making the ridge-caps for cedar shingle roofs, and this contraption went in about a year before Oregon outlawed cedar shingle roofs (big time fire hazard) ... it came down not long after so all's well that ends well ...

I live in an area that is controlled by two iron fisted homeowners associations. Aside from that there is the Mom Squad. They are a collection of young mothers who have made neighborhood watch an art form. They maintain a community bulletin board where gossip is traded. My daughter in law lost her wallet. She posted it on the Mom board. Hundreds of women loaded up the strollers and found the wallet in 30 minutes. When the pandemic hit the Moms cleared out entire grocery stores. They are organized and determined. They know everything and they have eyes everywhere. They guy who put a gym in his garage was outed the next day.

This is a quiet neighborhood.

homeowners associations
The worst invasion of privacy & property rights ever created.
I battled my last one over my BRAND NEW BOAT. Told them I just bought the boat and there's a year waiting list on the slips. Even built a privacy fence around it. They still took me to court. FUCK HOA'S
We have two HOAs. There is no public land. The streets, sidewalks, parks, playgrounds and the land the homes occupy are all owned by one corporation. We have all of our own services. Homeowners only own the structure. The land is leased separately. In addition, each neighborhood has its own HOA. They plant the flowers, paint the homes colors chosen to be harmonious. They replace roofs and do all exterior maintenance. Every home has a mortgage, land lease payments and two HOAs collecting fees. Everything is strictly controlled. The children play outside. Pop up parties are common. We ignored all masking and social distancing garbage.

Coming here from Los Angeles I thought I had gone to heaven. No gunshots. No random attacks. No one shits in the street. Not a homeless tent in sight. There is no public land for them to move on.

homeowners associations
The worst invasion of privacy & property rights ever created.
I battled my last one over my BRAND NEW BOAT. Told them I just bought the boat and there's a year waiting list on the slips. Even built a privacy fence around it. They still took me to court. FUCK HOA'S
We have two HOAs. There is no public land. The streets, sidewalks, parks, playgrounds and the land the homes occupy are all owned by one corporation. We have all of our own services. Homeowners only own the structure. The land is leased separately. In addition, each neighborhood has its own HOA. They plant the flowers, paint the homes colors chosen to be harmonious. They replace roofs and do all exterior maintenance. Every home has a mortgage, land lease payments and two HOAs collecting fees. Everything is strictly controlled. The children play outside. Pop up parties are common. We ignored all masking and social distancing garbage.

Coming here from Los Angeles I thought I had gone to heaven. No gunshots. No random attacks. No one shits in the street. Not a homeless tent in sight. There is no public land for them to move on.
Fuck that totalitarian nonsense. Sorry but seriously FUCK THAT

I have the perfect neighbors

None.

I live in an area that is controlled by two iron fisted homeowners associations. Aside from that there is the Mom Squad. They are a collection of young mothers who have made neighborhood watch an art form. They maintain a community bulletin board where gossip is traded. My daughter in law lost her wallet. She posted it on the Mom board. Hundreds of women loaded up the strollers and found the wallet in 30 minutes. When the pandemic hit the Moms cleared out entire grocery stores. They are organized and determined. They know everything and they have eyes everywhere. They guy who put a gym in his garage was outed the next day.

I wouldn't visit there, let alone move there. Too high a cost for quiet.

Loudest thing out here are the frogs and me.

The frogs seem to be on crack.

I wouldn't visit there, let alone move there. Too high a cost for quiet.

Loudest thing out here are the frogs and me.

The frogs seem to be on crack.
I moved here from Los Angeles. It is a form of heaven. People can walk the streets in safety. Children actually play outside. At night instead of gunfire I hear coyotes howling. I love it.

Forum List

Back