🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Arguments like the ones now going on perpetuate the problems.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
There is only one underlying trait that all these shooters share, and that's a serious mental instability.
No amount of gun laws will address that unless you tailor a law that specifically targets mental capacity in some way.
The obvious course of action would be to have medical professionals in the field get together and try to formulate some type of plan to tackle mental illness in a serious fashion.
Short of changing the Constitution to ban guns you will never stop random violence and even then it would be futile as evidenced by all the criminals who have guns despite it being illegal.
We don't ban cars because of drunk drivers. We don't ban mini skirts because of rapists. We force drunk drivers into treatment. We jail rapists.
Why not treat seriously the mental illnesses that lead to tragedies like this? Further gun restrictions will not cure the illness that led to this outcome.

The best argument in favor of the 2nd amendment, is that it's so incredibly easy for criminals or mentally unstable people to get guns in this country (because there are soooo many), that a good defense is to have a gun of your own. Our gun loving culture has made sure of that.

2A brought up a good point. It was that liberals always have stupid suggestions on what to do about our gun violence problems.

That was actually the entire point. I tried to tell him an easy work around would be to offer his own suggestions but I dont think he liked...yanno, a solution solution

Start charging gun owners that let their guns fall into the hands of unstable idiots and criminals.

You'll never catch all the crazy people before they can get a gun.

Guns can be manufactured fairly easily with a minimum amount of tools and a basic mechanical inclination, so you'll never be able to keep them out of the hands of people who want them.

The only way to minimize the carnage a crazy asshole with a gun is able to inflict, is by having not crazy people who can shoot back.

We don't need more laws, we need less.

Start charging gun owners that let their guns fall into the hands of unstable idiots and criminals.
How about we focus on the underlying problem first?
Apparently we disagree on what that is....I believe it has more to do with the millions of guns floating around the country while you believe it has to do with mental health.

Why not address both?

You're not suggesting a moonbat can focus on a problem to find a resolution rather than regurgitate insipid drivel from a bed wetter web site are you?

You are wasting your time reasoning with the unreasonable.

Define "fall", please. You mean are taken from them, as in having your home broken into? Yea, that would be real fair to charge people for having their personal property raped by thugs and making it a fine for the victim because their gun "fell" into the hands of a thief. Sure, you betcha.

Define "fall", please. You mean are taken from them, as in having your home broken into? Yea, that would be real fair to charge people for having their personal property raped by thugs and making it a fine for the victim because their gun "fell" into the hands of a thief. Sure, you betcha.
No, I'm talking about people that don't make an effort to secure their weapons. Like people that leave them lying around in their garage with the door open, or like one idiot poster here that claims he has them lying around in unlocked drawers all over his home.

There is also selling between private parties that needs to be addressed.

There is only one underlying trait that all these shooters share, and that's a serious mental instability.
No amount of gun laws will address that unless you tailor a law that specifically targets mental capacity in some way.
The obvious course of action would be to have medical professionals in the field get together and try to formulate some type of plan to tackle mental illness in a serious fashion.
Short of changing the Constitution to ban guns you will never stop random violence and even then it would be futile as evidenced by all the criminals who have guns despite it being illegal.
We don't ban cars because of drunk drivers. We don't ban mini skirts because of rapists. We force drunk drivers into treatment. We jail rapists.
Why not treat seriously the mental illnesses that lead to tragedies like this? Further gun restrictions will not cure the illness that led to this outcome.

The problem is that the mental health industry has devolved to the point to where they only have one answer to all mental health problems...drugs for the rest of your life. I watched these quacks nearly destroy my son with drugs...I managed to rescue him only to lose him into their clutches again...which ended up with him taking his own life.

If some of these folks think the NRA is big and powerful...they ain't but a pimple of the ass of Big Pharma.

If someone wants to do a study that might shed some light on the causes of some of these mass shootings, they outta look into what kind of drugs these people were on or not on.

Apparently we disagree on what that is....I believe it has more to do with the millions of guns floating around the country while you believe it has to do with mental health.

Why not address both?
The last shooter didn't find a floating gun. He bought it legally. Therefore your solution would have prevented nothing in that instance.

Why not address both?
The last shooter didn't find a floating gun. He bought it legally. Therefore your solution would have prevented nothing in that instance.
Link?

The fix is far easier, no goddamned guns. if we're being nice you can keep the small-capacity long ones.

If you can't secure your guns why should you have them?

I just got done showing a friend that his gun safe...isn't. Nothing is completely secure, son. If someone really wants it, they are going to get it. Didn't I instruct you to look up the term "reasonable care" once before?

Forum List

Back