Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson Signs Into Law A Near-Total Abortion Ban

You can't do drugs, you can't prostitute yourself, and you can't kill yourself
Why is that? And who is to prevent you from that? A vice squad?

Well, yes, law enforcement DOES prevent you from doing all those things, as much as they possibly can.
Yes, that is true. The question is to what extent they should be involved in these cases.

Well, that requires answering a deeper and more fundamental question: Do we want to live in a society that treats people as disposable?
I think that the first question should be: Do we want to live in a free society? And what a free society actually is?

I think you should consider that the more important of those two words is "society". We have come to erroneously equate freedom with anarchy, which would be the antithesis of any society at all.
Yes, there should be the golden mean. Basically, the rights of one person end where the rights of another person begin.

And the rights of the women and their privacy should be equal with the law.

Well, yes, law enforcement DOES prevent you from doing all those things, as much as they possibly can.
Yes, that is true. The question is to what extent they should be involved in these cases.

Well, that requires answering a deeper and more fundamental question: Do we want to live in a society that treats people as disposable?
I think that the first question should be: Do we want to live in a free society? And what a free society actually is?

I think you should consider that the more important of those two words is "society". We have come to erroneously equate freedom with anarchy, which would be the antithesis of any society at all.
Yes, there should be the golden mean. Basically, the rights of one person end where the rights of another person begin.

Unless it has to do with getting a covid vaccine, eh? Abortion on demand is MURDER.

Nobody has the "right" to murder someone in privacy either, which is what abortion is. That unborn child has far more right to live than you have to take his or her life.

The Bill of Right's guarantee of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness trumps your Fourth Amendment "right to privacy."

That's why the founding fathers wrote that first.

All you men, gather around, its none of your business if a women gets an abortion or not. And its no ones business , male or female.

Asa Hutchinson wouldn't be gov, if they didn't have a huge voter suppression in the state of Arkansas.

2 Kings 8:12

English Standard Version

12 And Hazael said, “Why does my lord weep?” He answered, “Because I know the evil that you will do to the people of Israel. You will set on fire their fortresses, and you will kill their young men with the sword and dash in pieces their little ones and rip open their pregnant women.”
----------------------------------
Thats what the bible says about abortions!!

You mean this in the context of the right on abortion? Basically, I agree with that, but there should be term limits. Say, this right should exist in the first three months of pregnancy. An abortion on demand, that is.

You mean this in the context of the right on abortion? Basically, I agree with that, but there should be term limits. Say, this right should exist in the first three months of pregnancy. An abortion on demand, that is.

On what logical basis?

It's not any of your business.

On what logical basis?
Based on the development of a fetus.

Cool. Why is that? Because I am male?

On what logical basis?

I'm sorry, did you actually think that was some sort of answer? Let me see if I can clarify the term "logical" for you a little bit by demonstration.

1) For what reason would someone want to make abortion illegal at any point in time?

2) In what way would that reason apply in the second and third trimesters, but not in the first trimester?

I shall be fascinated to see if you can answer those two questions in anything approaching a coherent fashion.

Yes that's exactly right. If someone you date or marry doesn't want YOUR child there is nothing you can do about it.

A likely contender to see the SCOTUS.

The legislation prohibits abortion in the state unless a pregnancy poses a risk to the mother’s life. A legal challenge to the bill is virtually certain.

State rights verses Federal rights...

with the feds becoming one giant swamp..............states will be pushing their states rights including for things that the people don't want as well. It's a free for all---law and order and right and wrong no longer matter.

A likely contender to see the SCOTUS.

The legislation prohibits abortion in the state unless a pregnancy poses a risk to the mother’s life. A legal challenge to the bill is virtually certain.

State rights verses Federal rights...

with the feds becoming one giant swamp..............states will be pushing their states rights including for things that the people don't want as well. It's a free for all---law and order and right and wrong no longer matter.

If the people of a state don't want something, they have far more options to address that at the state level than they do at the federal. And that hardly constitutes "a free for all where law and order and right and wrong no longer matter."

On what logical basis?

I'm sorry, did you actually think that was some sort of answer? Let me see if I can clarify the term "logical" for you a little bit by demonstration.

1) For what reason would someone want to make abortion illegal at any point in time?

2) In what way would that reason apply in the second and third trimesters, but not in the first trimester?

I shall be fascinated to see if you can answer those two questions in anything approaching a coherent fashion.
1. If the baby is unwanted and there is no way to make legal abortion.

2. Dont fully understood this part. If a woman wants to make an illegal abortion in the second and third trimesters, she will do that.

Yes that's exactly right. If someone you date or marry doesn't want YOUR child there is nothing you can do about it.
That point is strange. You want equal rights for all, but now give away a right to decide basing on a biological sex.

That point is strange. You want equal rights for all, but now give away a right to decide basing on a biological sex.

Well its not a person yet, you can do what you want with your kids (if its legal) but you can't tell a pg women anything even if she is your girlfriend or wife. Your girlfriend or wife can't be forced to not have an abortion. It's not your body.

Forum List

Back