Arkansas: tree honoring 1919 Elaine Massacre victims cut down

After BREXIT The UK will once again permit slavery and The Welsh will be the first to jump at the chance to get a free iron collar.

but the South was not lost..forever..until 1964. Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal..even though they were holding their noses when they did it.

Even after 64 they continued to support their candidates. They voted against the Bill and their voters continue to support them.

"Even after 64 they continued to support their candidates. They voted against the Bill and their voters continue to support them. "

I wish I could find a way t expand the mind of the typical conservative to a point where it was capable of understanding real facts and real data.

to suggest that DEMS voted against the bill proves that you don't really know the actual facts and data, you are just repeating a conservative lie.

you are a stooge

the data;

civil rights act 1964

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

you are a useful fool

willow trees do not live forever -----maybe it was dead or almost dead.
There should be some sort of memorial there

Planting a Willow tree for something like that is retarded. They have a short lifespan and are pretty fragile.

Put up some concrete or marble if you want a memorial.
Besides that, a tree?!? Lynching people from a tree was one of the horrors from that era, so why plant a tree, of all things?

These killings were so brutal and horrific, and evil, what structure would someone erect to memorialize it, and what message would you like the memorial to represent or impart?

but the South was not lost..forever..until 1964. Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal..even though they were holding their noses when they did it.

Even after 64 they continued to support their candidates. They voted against the Bill and their voters continue to support them.

"Even after 64 they continued to support their candidates. They voted against the Bill and their voters continue to support them. "

I wish I could find a way t expand the mind of the typical conservative to a point where it was capable of understanding real facts and real data.

to suggest that DEMS voted against the bill proves that you don't really know the actual facts and data, you are just repeating a conservative lie.

you are a stooge

the data;

civil rights act 1964

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)

you are a useful fool

You must realize we were talking exclusively about the Southern Bloc. (93% and 95% against) Their voters were loyal segregationist.

BTW the other party (in the South) was 100% against it but they only had 11 votes.

Last edited:
Arkansas: tree honoring 1919 Elaine Massacre victims cut down

Officials are investigating after someone cut down a willow tree that was planted earlier this year to honor the victims of the 1919 Elaine Massacre in eastern Arkansas.

The willow was planted in April in remembrance of the victims of the massacre, one of the largest racial mass killings in US history.

It occurred during the summer of 1919, when hundreds of African Americans died across the country, at the hands of white mob violence during what came to be known as the “Red Summer”.

Estimates of how many African Americans were killed in Elaine range from the low hundreds to more than 800, which would make it the deadliest such massacre in US history. Mass graves are thought to be situated around the town.

Events are planned for later next month to mark the 100th anniversary of the massacre. An Elaine Massacre Memorial will be unveiled, the committee behind it including descendants of those killed and those who carried out the killing.

This is all very sad, Will the President be attending the ceremony ?

Was President Trump invited to address the people of Arkansas over this? Donald J. Trump was raised properly, he doesn't attend events that he isn't wanted at.

Trump's unique politicking style could be described with one word, "vandalism": The systematic trampling on everything 21st century Americans value, strove for, endorsed to push the country forward and to create something better...

Would it be any surprise if turned out some of his followers had taken a hint?

What better way to remember the lynchings of old than by planting a tree - formerly said to bear "strange fruit"? What better way to explain the hatred directed at that tree other than the reminder to Trumpletons, "That's what your ideological forebears have done - you sure want to follow their footsteps?"

Even after 64 they continued to support their candidates. They voted against the Bill and their voters continue to support them. "

There were two votes, here is a lik to the final House vote for the CRA of 1964:

This was the final House vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964. 76% of Republicans voted for the bill, as did 60% of Democrats. While 19% of repubs voted against it, and 36% of dems did as well.

I cannot say what was in the minds of all the people voting against it, but at least some did so, but said it was based on Constitutional issues, not about race at all.

BlindBoo is a bit on the conservative side, but he's okay.

the problem with our conservative friends is that they KNOW SO MUCH that JUST AINT SO!

you are a stooge

the data;

civil rights act 1964

The Senate version:

you are a useful fool

You must realize we were talking exclusively about the Southern Bloc. (93% and 95% against) Their voters were loyal segregationist.

BTW the other party (in the South) was 100% against it but they only had 11 votes.

so when you said DEMS VOTED AGAINST IT (the civil rights act) you purposely chose to be vague so that you could slip a little lie in there?

how conservative of you.

So....when you say SOUTHERN BLOCK DEMOCRATS voted against it are you saying that SOUTHERN CHRISTIANS voted against it?

or are you saying that the south was populated by GOD HATING ATHEIST LIBERAL DEMOCRATS?

which insanity to you embrace?

the problem with our conservative friends is that they KNOW SO MUCH that JUST AINT SO!

I understand your frustration, and share it. Yet, here's the text to which he was replying: "Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal..even though they were holding their noses when they did it." And his answer to what these southerners did: "Even after 64 they [SOUTHERNERS] continued to support their candidates. They [SOUTHERN Representatives] voted against the Bill and their [SOUTHERN] voters continue to support them."

If you look at it closely, he is with you on the support of the Civil Rights Act - or lack thereof in the South.

Last edited:

I understand your frustration, and share it. Yet, here's the text to which he was replying: "Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal..even though they were holding their noses when they did it." And his answer to what these southerners did: "Even after 64 they [SOUTHERNERS] continued to support their candidates. They [SOUTHERN Representatives] voted against the Bill and their [SOUTHERN] voters continue to support them.

If you look at it closely, he is with you on the support of the Civil Rights Act - or lack thereof in the South.

Plenty of northerners did like civil rights either, you know, particularly in the large, Democrat run cities.

Numerous liberal NORTHERN cities had segregated public swimming pools, housing projects and other facilities.

I understand your frustration, and share it. Yet, here's the text to which he was replying: "Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal..even though they were holding their noses when they did it." And his answer to what these southerners did: "Even after 64 they [SOUTHERNERS] continued to support their candidates. They [SOUTHERN Representatives] voted against the Bill and their [SOUTHERN] voters continue to support them.

Plenty of northerners did like civil rights either, you know, particularly in the large, Democrat run cities.

Numerous liberal NORTHERN cities had segregated public swimming pools, housing projects and other facilities.

Thank you for posting the actual facts and data to support your claim.

no, I won't look it up myself.

you are a stooge

the data;

civil rights act 1964

The Senate version:

you are a useful fool

so when you said DEMS VOTED AGAINST IT (the civil rights act) you purposely chose to be vague so that you could slip a little lie in there?

how conservative of you.

So....when you say SOUTHERN BLOCK DEMOCRATS voted against it are you saying that SOUTHERN CHRISTIANS voted against it?

or are you saying that the south was populated by GOD HATING ATHEIST LIBERAL DEMOCRATS?

Hahahaha you dumbfuck! I was responding to the following "but the South was not lost..forever..until 1964. Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal"

I was just saying they continued to vote Dem even after 64. Because they stayed loyal to their Congressmen, because their Congressmen voted against the Act. Nearly the whole South did.

Even after 64 they continued to support their candidates. They voted against the Bill and their voters continue to support them. "

There were two votes, here is a lik to the final House vote for the CRA of 1964:

This was the final House vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964. 76% of Republicans voted for the bill, as did 60% of Democrats. While 19% of repubs voted against it, and 36% of dems did as well.

I cannot say what was in the minds of all the people voting against it, but at least some did so, but said it was based on Constitutional issues, not about race at all.

It was a North/South fight, not a party fight.

you are a stooge

the data;

civil rights act 1964

The Senate version:

you are a useful fool

how conservative of you.

Hahahaha you dumbfuck! I was responding to the following "but the South was not lost..forever..until 1964. Many people in the South continued to vote D..after the New Deal"

I was just saying they continued to vote Dem even after 64. Because they stayed loyal to their Congressmen, because their Congressmen voted against the Act. Nearly the whole South did.

The people of the south continued to vote Democrat right through the 90's, when the Gore, Carter and Clinton families ruled the South. In the Great State of North Carolina, Jesse Helms had to fight with every breath of his being to defeat the leftard crusades against him every 6 years, and that was long after the Civil Rights Act was enacted.

Holy shit, I've come full circle........

you are a stooge

the data;

civil rights act 1964

The Senate version:

you are a useful fool

how conservative of you.

The people of the south continued to vote Democrat right through the 90's, when the Gore, Carter and Clinton families ruled the South. In the Great State of North Carolina, Jesse Helms had to fight with every breath of his being to defeat the leftard crusades against him every 6 years, and that was long after the Civil Rights Act was enacted.

If you only look a Presidential and federal elections. Republican have made great inroads in Southern State and Local offices as well.

Forum List

Back