🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Armed citizen saves life of Police officer

First off, I question if this event happened because it has not been on any main stream news sources that I am aware of: perhaps you could cite one, maybe it was on Fox News? Because, whenever presenting facts, 'consider the source' is always important, and the source in this link is pro-gun, thus biased. Second, how do we know the officer was being 'beaten to death,' or that he was 'screaming for help' as is described in the link? The citizen with a gun killed this man, shot him several times, according to your link. How do we know that was warranted? Why not just call 911 have the police come and take care of it? If this was a funeral procession, there would be a lot of people around, people to break up the fight if possible. The act of the citizen who simply pulled out his gun and shot a half dozen holes into the man seems very extreme, excessive. Does a person actually deserve to die because they are in a fist fight, even if it is a cop they have attacked? I have put forth what I think are some reasonable questions. I would appreciate not being called a lot of names for doing so. Free speech, open dialogue, all that.

Last edited:
First off, I question if this event happened because it has not been on any main stream news sources that I am aware of: perhaps you could cite one, maybe it was on Fox News? Because, whenever presenting facts, 'consider the source' is always important, and the source in this link is pro-gun, thus biased. Second, how do we know the officer was being 'beaten to death,' or that he was 'screaming for help' as is described in the link? The citizen with a gun killed this man, shot him several times, according to your link. How do we know that was warranted? Why not just call 911 have the police come and take care of it? If this was a funeral procession, there would be a lot of people around, people to break up the fight if possible. The act of the citizen who simply pulled out his gun and shot a half dozen holes into the man seems very extreme, excessive. Does a person actually deserve to die because they are in a fist fight, even if it is a cop they have attacked? I have put forth what I think are some reasonable questions. I would appreciate not being called a lot of names for doing so. Free speech, open dialogue, all that.

Maybe it's because the corporate and Authoritarian media only want to feed you the "Guns are evil in all circumstances" propaganda. Start exploring outside the media bubble of the International Global Banks. They hate you, they dominate you, they own you. Break free.

Maybe it's because the corporate and Authoritarian media only want to feed you the "Guns are evil in all circumstances" propaganda. Start exploring outside the media bubble of the International Global Banks. They hate you, they dominate you, they own you. Break free.

Fox News is not anti-gun. I would think if this story were true, it would be on Fox News. Also, doesn't it seem like excessive force to blow away someone who is unarmed, even though he is in a fight with a police officer? Especially when there are a lot of people around, and you could call 911 and have them there in a few minutes?

a few minutes?? lol
Quoting a member "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away"

Fox News is not anti-gun. I would think if this story were true, it would be on Fox News. Also, doesn't it seem like excessive force to blow away someone who is unarmed, even though he is in a fight with a police officer? Especially when there are a lot of people around, and you could call 911 and have them there in a few minutes?

Fox isn't exactly "pro-gun either.

If you're getting your ass kicked, and might even be disarmed and killed would you prefer I call someone else while you keep getting beaten or stop the assailant?

If you're getting your ass kicked, and might even be disarmed and killed would you prefer I call someone else while you keep getting beaten or stop the assailant?

I am female and small, so I wouldn't be able to fight back very well, but, still, I would want people to pull the guy off me, not kill him. I question if the cop was being 'beaten to death' as described in the link. One man against another in a fist fight doesn't mean it is a deadly situation. Was the cop so unfit he couldn't fight back? And if there are people around, and the assailant is unarmed, why kill him, why not just pull him off the cop? Pull him off, restrain him, and wait for police reinforcements. My experience is that, in this kind of situation, the police arrive very quickly, in a few minutes. That's my experience. Certainly, when it is a cop being assaulted, they'd come fast.

Last edited:

I am female and small, so I wouldn't be able to fight back very well, but, still, I would want people to pull the guy off me, not kill him. I question if the cop was being 'beaten to death' as described in the link. One man against another in a fist fight doesn't mean it is a deadly situation. Was the cop so unfit he couldn't fight back? And if there are people around, and the assailant is unarmed, why kill him, why not just pull him off the cop? Pull him off, restrain him, and wait for police reinforcements. My experience is that, in this kind of situation, the police arrive very quickly, in a few minutes. That's my experience. Certainly, when it is a cop being assaulted, they'd come fast.

Without knowing all the facts I can't say what I would do for sure. However if the cop had been knocked out, his gun is now property of the assailant, and that's enough to justify lethal force.

We also don't know if the assailant was a 6'4 250 pound bull who ambushed the cop. I'm not getting into a physical altercation that can get me seriously wounded. Since I'm almost always carrying a gun, I wouldn't get into a fight with someone. I either try and get away or make it clear the issue isn't worth the fight they'll lose.

I'm into peaceful conflict resolution, not everyone else is.

:cuckoo: The police were already there! :lol: The idiot was beating an officer who was screaming for help. Continuing to beat someone who is not attacking you & screaming for help will get you legally shot every time.

:cuckoo: The police were already there! :lol: The idiot was beating an officer who was screaming for help. Continuing to beat someone who is not attacking you & screaming for help will get you legally shot every time.

It damn sure ought too...

It happened 6 or 7 years ago. Here is a link:

Eyewitness Gives New Account of Controversial Shooting - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Other stories indicate that the civilian shooter was disabled and 54 (he is shown wearing a neck brace). The person he shot was fairly large and 24. I doubt seiously if the shooter could have "pulled him off"... so you have a choice. A dead police officer or a dead assailant. Your choice.

Last edited:

Eyewitness Gives New Account of Controversial Shooting - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Other stories indicate that the civilian shooter was disabled and 54 (he is shown wearing a neck brace). The person he shot was fairly large and 24. I doubt seiously if the shooter could have "pulled him off"... so you have a choice. A dead police officer or a dead assailant. Your choice.

I'll go with option B...

I'll go with option B...

Me too... LOL

You think CNN, CBS, ABC, AP, or MSNBC will report people saving the lives of others with guns? Most gun deterred violence goes unreported in the national media. You know, I laughed when I started to read your reply. I thought you were being sarcastic. Then I realized you were serious.

Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say we know 100% that this is true and correct.

What's the point that he's trying to make unless the gun that the citizen used was on the list to be banned?

NOBODY is trying to take anyones guns or repeal CC laws. So that leaves the question...

What's the point of the OP?

Fox News is not anti-gun.

Not yet. The media masterminds have already figured out their material for the next several mass shootings; they will very slowly indoctrinate them against guns themselves, at least in some significant manner.

Even the politicians write anti-gun bills and sit on them for months or even years, waiting for the next mass shooting.

Why do you think they are all opposed to body guards in the schools? If you traded 4 regular security guards in each school for 2 trained body guards, you wouldn't have anymore school shootings with little children being slain; the forfeiture of such macabre opportunities wouldn't' allow them to take advantage of the crises in the media with their "I fake care about children propaganda" to steal your guns away.

If my choice was kill him, call the cops, or let him rape you, what would you choose? Answer carefully, because choices 2 and 3 are really the same.
I'm 63 years old. I likely would fair poorly if I tried to pull a 20 year old would be rapist off of you.

Go ahead. Choose!

Only mistake the citizen made was after the guy ignored his warning he should have done the head shot first. If your going to use deadly force you shoot to effectively stop the assailant as quickly as possible, a sure head shot will normally accomplish that goal.

Fox News is not anti-gun.

Not yet. The media masterminds have already figured out their material for the next several mass shootings; they will very slowly indoctrinate them against guns themselves, at least in some significant manner.

Even the politicians write anti-gun bills and sit on them for months or even years, waiting for the next mass shooting.

Why do you think they are all opposed to body guards in the schools? If you traded 4 regular security guards in each school for 2 trained body guards, you wouldn't have anymore school shootings with little children being slain; the forfeiture of such macabre opportunities wouldn't' allow them to take advantage of the crises in the media with their "I fake care about children propaganda" to steal your guns away.

Frankinstine said that's what she did.
"We've been working on this bill for over a year"
It's like these mass shootings are staged.

Forum List

Back