Armed Citizens are Better & Safer than Armed Police!

I'm so old I can remember when men who owned guns (often a lot of guns, too, please note) didn't define themselves by their gun ownership.

I miss those guys.

The problem is that these days the sheep think anyone who owns a gun is a "gun nut" or an "extremist"

There you have the typical democrat. They can only see what their masters show & tell them on TV. They are drooling drones that are totally disconnected from reality.

You may not have heard this, but there was an election in November, and the majority of the American people chose a Democrat.

If you ever want the GOP to win another election, forget thise gibberish about drones, and start to ask yourself why your guy lost. Part of that might involve accepting a few basic truths and facts - some of which appear on this thread.

I am not a GOP Republican. How do you know my guy lost or that I did not vote for Obama? It's you typical dumb-ass police state democrats that appall me. You tools are worse than Bush illegal search, wiretaps, arrest, torture & kill without trial. Take away our guns & citizens have absolutly no defense left.

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

The high murder rate is due to Drugs thanks to the CIA. The gun is a tool. It can't cause murder. The assault with gun rate for the entire country dropped faster than cities with gun bans. Gun violence rose by comparison in cities with gun bans. There was an immediate changes in society around 1992 & it was not from government.

November 7, 1991, basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson stuns the world by announcing he tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Within 2 months the number of people getting tested for aids was up 50%. Illegitimate birth rates dropped within 9 months. Heroin & other injected drug use that had been soaring since 1960 slowed their accent.

The country sobered up a bit & quit sharing IV drug needles. People quit having as many orgies, as much sex with strangers & not without protection. Maybe even settled down & married. This must have reduce the financial stress of illegitimate births & drug use, thus lowered the crime rate. Two parent structure households create the best well adjusted children. Single parent & divorced households & unwanted children create criminals.

effectswelfarereformchart3.ashx

518px-Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg.png

if it were drugs wouln't colombia and other drug producing countries have higher rates, and if its because america is a large drug market then you would expect the same results in euope which is just as big a market.

oh and notice switzerland has a high rate. they all own guns in switzerland and very low drug levels. if these figures are correct, its blatently obvious

The gun nut extremist police sot & killed at least 5 innocent people in Los Angeles today. Time to disarm the cops. They can use tazers.

Armed Citizens are much more effective than Police against mass shooters Armed citizens actually prevent them from turning into "mass shootings".

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29
The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33

There was also that whole thing a couple weeks back when two cops fired upon a pickup with two women delivering papers in it, without any warning to stop, during the Dorner incident... even though it was the wrong type of and color pickup...

images

... and another one, which was also the wrong make and color:

20130207_094910_aatruck4_500.JPG

Last edited:
Wow. This thread resurfaced?

The insanity of the premise baffles me. To think that a random redneck citizen, with no training, is better at marksmanship and stress shooting than, you know, a cop who has been trained and has experienced high stress incidents numerous times is just ridiculous.

Having to explain why (again) wouild be a waste of time, as it is basically apples and oranges.

In the 41 years that I was a member of the Seattle Police Athletic Association (the police range) I have witnessed first hand how well police shoot. There are a very few who can keep their shots on an eight inch bull at 25 yards. They often shoot the bench, rafters and posts of the building. My shooting was much better than over 90% of the duty officers I saw when they could take their time. I have never witnessed a police firefight but if they can't shoot well at the range then it is unlikely that their shooting would improve under stress.
My average shot group was under two inches (with a revolver) at 25 yards shooting off-hand. By shot group I mean the group of holes placed in the target (or around it) after firing 25 to 50 rounds.

I am not an excellent shooter, by any means, but I do shoot well whether it is with a pistol or rifle. I have participated in "combat" and Hunter's Pistol competitions and the only thing lacking is return fire. You are "on the clock" and the pressure is on to do very well in the time allowed.
In "combat" shooting it was at ranges from 7 to 25 yards, right and left handed, over, beside and under cover. In "Hunter's Pistol" the ranges were 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards (with a revolver) at metal targets that had to be knocked down, within the time limit. Not as stressful as combat but the ranges were four times the distance.

I admit to being a "better than average" shot and maybe a bit of an accuracy nut but I could not compete with bench-rest or the other real disciplines of accurate shooting sports. I just enjoy doing what I can.

Armed Citizens Make Fewer Mistakes Than Police.[/URL]

Ever hear of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman?

Didn't work out so well for either of them. One is dead and the other lives in fear of his life.

Stooopid.

In the 41 years that I was a member of the Seattle Police Athletic Association (the police range) I have witnessed first hand how well police shoot. There are a very few who can keep their shots on an eight inch bull at 25 yards. They often shoot the bench, rafters and posts of the building. My shooting was much better than over 90% of the duty officers I saw when they could take their time. I have never witnessed a police firefight but if they can't shoot well at the range then it is unlikely that their shooting would improve under stress.
My average shot group was under two inches (with a revolver) at 25 yards shooting off-hand. By shot group I mean the group of holes placed in the target (or around it) after firing 25 to 50 rounds.

I am not an excellent shooter, by any means, but I do shoot well whether it is with a pistol or rifle. I have participated in "combat" and Hunter's Pistol competitions and the only thing lacking is return fire. You are "on the clock" and the pressure is on to do very well in the time allowed.
In "combat" shooting it was at ranges from 7 to 25 yards, right and left handed, over, beside and under cover. In "Hunter's Pistol" the ranges were 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards (with a revolver) at metal targets that had to be knocked down, within the time limit. Not as stressful as combat but the ranges were four times the distance.

I admit to being a "better than average" shot and maybe a bit of an accuracy nut but I could not compete with bench-rest or the other real disciplines of accurate shooting sports. I just enjoy doing what I can.

Over the years, I've noticed that news articles that concern police shootings, almost always include the number of rounds expended vs the number of hits. The difference is extreme. Most of the time, it reads something like, 60 rounds fired, 14 hits and that's with highly trained law enforcement.

That alone should tell us all why a day long seminar of a teacher or janitor in order to qualify to carry a gun in a school is perhaps the dumbest idea this country has ever had.

If a teacher or janitor has a concealed carry permit and has been practicing for ten or more years and is an accurate shooter then a day-long seminar would teach the basics of when they have a right to shoot and when they should and how to use the power to shoot.
No teacher or janitor is likely to be a first responder to a shooting incident. They may be able to stop a shooter that is pre-occupied with other things than looking for someone else with a gun.
At any rate it will not be a "quick-draw" contest. It is assumed that the defender protects others first - then themselves and then - only then - take on the responsibility of taking on the assailant. Misdirection and stealth are the tools of the citizen defender - he (or she) has no uniform or badge to point him (or her) out as a potential threat or target of interest.

The insanity of the premise baffles me. To think that a random redneck citizen, with no training, is better at marksmanship and stress shooting than, you know, a cop who has been trained and has experienced high stress incidents numerous times is just ridiculous.

Having to explain why (again) wouild be a waste of time, as it is basically apples and oranges.
Speaking of this thread, I just read the entire thread in the last half hour.

You were provided links which you did not read and wrote opinions based on nothing in print, plus labeled your debate opponents as unworthy of yourself. You provided no link to support your statements.

With no debate proof, I wonder why you bother to come here, blindfold yourself, and provide wild haymakers in the general direction of your perceived foe.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

An armed citizen who is there is a million times better than a cop who isn't there.

Armed Citizens Make Fewer Mistakes Than Police.[/URL]

Ever hear of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman?

Didn't work out so well for either of them. One is dead and the other lives in fear of his life.

Stooopid.

Zimmerman got it right you stupid idiot. Martins girlfriend admitted Martin was not going home. Zimmerman caught Martin breaking Florida 856.021 Loitering or prowling law. Martin attempted to murder Zimmerman for snitching to police. Zimmerman defended himself & now the criminal thug is dead. The police failed to jail Martin for his many previous crimes. They chose to cover up Miami Garden Juvenile Crime like some sort of Affirmative Action Criminal Charge Scheme.

As I said in the OP, armed citizens are better than police.

Last edited:
I read my Hunter NRA magazine every month. The first page I read is the page of short stories where armed citizens saved lives. You don't have to be a good shot at close range. Legal guns save lives, period!

Forum List

Back