The US stock market is set for an absolute rout Monday, with futures pointing to an ugly open: The Dow is set to open 1,000 points lower

Hey, I have a question I would like to pass along...

I was told if the Dow drops more than 5%, they would halt the market for 15 minutes - or as they say, but on the breakers on.
Does this happen to the Nasdaq, as well?

Right now, it is at 3%. So, by any chance the Nasdaq drops to 5%, will they halt the markets for 15 minutes?

I wasn't sure if they did it just for the Dow, or all...

When older peoples savings (401K IRA) drop big time like 2008-2012 33% or more, it is painful and scary. They may already be living on those savings or soon will be.

Do they have enough years to live frugal and hope it gets back to even? A 33% drop on $1mil leaves them with $667K.

To get back to $1Mil the market must increase $333K or need to increase ($1mil/$667K) - 1 = 49.9%. Just to get back to even. That amount takes 5 yrs or so in normal times.

Enjoy your handiwork seal, care, blackgatermacpeeKkknobs citysheeatygater duhdanny

Hey, I have a question I would like to pass along...

I was told if the Dow drops more than 5%, they would halt the market for 15 minutes - or as they say, but on the breakers on.
Does this happen to the Nasdaq, as well?

Right now, it is at 3%. So, by any chance the Nasdaq drops to 5%, will they halt the markets for 15 minutes?

I wasn't sure if they did it just for the Dow, or all...

There are flash crash rules, yes. I thought set at 10%? To stop the Computers auto-trading the market down to zero.

Good news is the Politicians all got out last week early on. Whew! Im so glad fancynancy and kerry got a heads up.

Market-wide circuit breakers provide for cross-market trading halts during a severe market decline as measured by a single-day decrease in the S&P 500 Index. A cross-market trading halt can be triggered at three circuit breaker thresholds—7% (Level 1), 13% (Level 2), and 20% (Level 3).

Market-wide circuit breakers provide for cross-market trading halts during a severe market decline as measured by a single-day decrease in the S&P 500 Index. A cross-market trading halt can be triggered at three circuit breaker thresholds—7% (Level 1), 13% (Level 2), and 20% (Level 3).
Okay! I wasn't sure if it was just the Dow, if it dropped 5-10%...or the Nasdaq, too!
Back in 2020 - March 3rd, to be exact....it was almost halted twice in one trading day! The day the Dow dropped 2100 points!

None of the markets are down even 3% right now.

You snowflakes need to take a few deep breaths and pray a little harder

Nikkei is down 12%, you idiot
Damn you leftards are stupid.

I do not give a fuck about the markets in Japan, I am talking about the markets I am invested in.

Even you cannot really be this fucking stupid

You don't trade if you don't care about global markets

I am only invested in a few international stock funds and none of them are on the Nikkei. Japan has been in trouble for a while.

But sure, I do not do much trading, that is what I pay a financial advisor for.

Forum List

Back