🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on the UCC campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, vet John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

Ruins the whole "gun free zone" malarkey doesnt it

You do know police and SWAT teams include in their training the ways to differentiate a killer and good Samaritan right? It's not widely publicized...because then killers would mimic good guys clues.

And....the vet should take some classes with law enforcement. One thing they teach vets and CWP holders is this. If you take action....hit 911 on your cell...and say "Shooting in progress. I'm John Doe ex Army...I'm in a red polo, jeans, white hat". Dispatch relays this. SWAT knows there is a CWP or military vet in that description trying to engage the suspect.

Off duty cops do it ALL THE TIME and never seem to get themselves shot.

Never? Police Chief Magazine - View Article

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on the UCC campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, vet John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

Not really. The campus did have a policy. No guns allowed. Most CCW carriers will follow that. Oregon did recently pass a law that allowed the carrying of weapons on campus but Umpqua's stated policy was no guns.

That being said, the choice of a CCW holder to shoot or not shoot is on them. There are many police who never fire their weapons in similar situations. The facts are this person wasn't in the area at the time. Had he been he might have decided to shoot the bad guy when he was lining everybody up but, as he clearly wasn't in the area, his assertion that he was afraid the cops would mistake him for the bad guy is specious at best.

Well, he DID change his story later on on Hannity and said that staff wouldn't let them leave and told them to go inside.

Gun free zones and armed citizens are both rediculous it's been proven that the first is in effective.
The second would end up doing far more damage .
Imagine 5 or 10 "heroes"packing heat and of that number only half practice on a regular basis and of those only 2 are any thing close to a decent shot.
Only one has been under fire.
The rest have purchased a firearm they have no business having .
44 magnum, desert eagles. Etc.
They engage the shooter or shooters who have blockaded himself inside a room or area with lots of people , he fires .
They fire back . Colateral damage doesn't quite capture the carnage.

Not really. The campus did have a policy. No guns allowed. Most CCW carriers will follow that. Oregon did recently pass a law that allowed the carrying of weapons on campus but Umpqua's stated policy was no guns.

That being said, the choice of a CCW holder to shoot or not shoot is on them. There are many police who never fire their weapons in similar situations. The facts are this person wasn't in the area at the time. Had he been he might have decided to shoot the bad guy when he was lining everybody up but, as he clearly wasn't in the area, his assertion that he was afraid the cops would mistake him for the bad guy is specious at best.

Well, he DID change his story later on on Hannity and said that staff wouldn't let them leave and told them to go inside.

Inside? Really? My wife has to go through active shooter classes because she is a university professor and the current training is get the hell out. And far, far away. As fast as you can.

In other words, he acted like a pussy and decided to let innocent people die in order to save himself. What a fucking prick.
My guess is you've never been under fire or even shot at.
Just love heroic bullshit from lazy boy warriors.

I have. And if you are an off duty TRAINED cop or military member...who took an oath....and you have a weapon and are within range of one of these mass killers....and DO NOTHING....you have some soul searching to do.

Call 911. Identify yourself, your status (military or police) and what you're wearing. Then go kill the killer. Chances are....you will kill the shooter far before police arrive anyway so it won't matter.
that's stupid and dangerous. Unless you are already in the area, all you do is confuse everything and make it more dangerous to others. You should actually do some training.

You can go to the fucking seen as a first responder until the police arrive. The dude said that the shooting was way on the other side of the campus. It is a fuvking community college, and a small one at that. He could have gotten on scene if he wanted to.

Obviously you do not intervene if the police are in the scene conducting operations. But this pussy just did not want to get in the way. He is a fucking coward.

It is a SMALL SCHOOL with no armed guards on campus. SEVERAL MINUTES PASS between the onslaught of shooting and the arrival of the first policeman, which was plenty of time for that asshole to kill a lot of people. Being such a small school EVERYONE knew when the shooting started.

And this dude is a VET? That makes it doubly worse!

This vet (probably a fucking squid given his cowardice) heard shooting and then sat on his hands waiting for help to come as the lunatic murdered one after another. He never even upholstered his weapon.

He is a pussy. Somebody should take that gun away from him and shove it up his ass sideways!

Gun free zones and armed citizens are both rediculous it's been proven that the first is in effective.
Imagine 5 or 10 "heroes"packing heat and of that number only half practice on a regular basis and of those only 2 are any thing close to a decent shot.
They engage the shooter or shooters who have blockaded himself inside a room or area with lots of people , he fires .

Pure conjecture. Piss off into your fantasy world, asshole. I'll take my chances in an armed setting. At least if everyone is armed you will have a chance of getting out of it with your life as opposed to sitting there with your thumb up your ass waiting to die like a dog.

Then gun up and head down to the worst neighborhood in Chicago or Atlanta and show them just how carrying a gun makes you safe.

Or sit in your chair tap tap tapping your bravery onto your keyboard.

WOW, never thought of that...and a bullet to the head would have been his reward. Very good observation and so true!!

Pure conjecture. Piss off into your fantasy world, asshole. I'll take my chances in an armed setting. At least if everyone is armed you will have a chance of getting out of it with your life as opposed to sitting there with your thumb up your ass waiting to die like a dog.

Getting out how? The nut was dressed in a arm tank, get off your John Wayne fantasy and get with the real world, you fool.

Interestingly, it said in the article that this veteran was the only one with a CCW, and when asked if he was carrying and he said "yes, and I will stay here and defend the people in this classroom". He was too far away to get over there and stop, so he hunkered down with his other classmates to defend them. Sounds like the right call to me.

The other vet? He wasn't armed, but he WAS right next to the shooter, and tried to take him out but took 7 bullets before he could get to him. I kinda wish that he'd had better luck and taken the shooter out, but hey, he did what he could and became a hero for it. They've already raised over 200,000 dollars for his medical expenses on a Go Fund Me site, and it looks like the dude is going to make a full recovery. I wish him a speedy one and am glad that people like him still exist.

I say the dude sticking around to defend and not get in the way made the right choice.

That's not what he said last night right after the fact. You stupid liberals are grasping at straws. The REAL ex vet charged the shooter & took 5 bullets for his heroism. Had he had a gun it may have ended right there and then.
That moron you're so eagerly quoting wasn't even near the action and instead of giving him glory for his so called reasoning you should be questioning his motives for getting in front of the fucking camera.
The real hero is in the hospital recovering from FIVE FUCKING BULLET WOUNDS

That's not what he said last night right after the fact. You stupid liberals are grasping at straws. The REAL ex vet charged the shooter & took 5 bullets for his heroism. Had he had a gun it may have ended right there and then.
That moron you're so eagerly quoting wasn't even near the action and instead of giving him glory for his so called reasoning you should be questioning his motives for getting in front of the fucking camera.

You morons always always want to degrade reality and dismiss facts and go with your own truths.....the hero, never used a gun...that's the reality here we're taking, nut!!

Not really. The campus did have a policy. No guns allowed. Most CCW carriers will follow that.

Here's the facts: Guy right there had his gun on campus.

Guy right there says many students carry.

Your response I'd to ignore reality and call the guy on the scene a liar with nothing to back it.

Either we are discussing facts or we are discussing made up bs by you. I'm doing the first thing, you're not.

You morons always always want to degrade reality and dismiss facts and go with your own truths.....the hero, never used a gun...that's the reality here we're taking, nut!!

The jackass you stupid motherfuckers are praising WAS NOT CONFRONTED with a life or death choice. The HERO in the hospital was and he acted on it. You stupid liberals lap dogs are so wrapped up in your God damn ideology you don't even know what REAL HUMAN NATURE & SACRIFICE IS

sooo..you are saying that if a concealed carry was in that classroom it wouldn't have made a difference...or in the next room? this guy was 200 yards away and had no idea what the situation was.....

he didn't disprove the need for concealed carry you moron.....he showed that you idiots, who claim concealed carriers would be out of control and act irrationally isn't true....he acted rationally..."and in control.......moron.

no one has ever said that gun owners have to be heros...we always say they can make a difference...and actual events show this to be true...in 2 church shootings in gun free churches...15 people were killed..in the 3 church shootings that had armed citizens, only 2 people were killed.

you have been shown to be wrong on every argument and yet you are still stupid.....sad for you.

Not really. The campus did have a policy. No guns allowed. Most CCW carriers will follow that.

Your response I'd to ignore reality and call the guy on the scene a liar with nothing to back it.

Either we are discussing facts or we are discussing made up bs by you. I'm doing the first thing, you're not.

he was 200 yards away and had no idea exactly what was going on...moron.

There is more than one vet in the world dummy. And instead of listening to what he said you instead go for the "what's his motivation?" Strawman so you can allude to something never said, implied or factual.

Your anger shows you're more style than substance

In other words, he acted like a pussy and decided to let innocent people die in order to save himself. What a fucking prick.
My guess is you've never been under fire or even shot at.
Just love heroic bullshit from lazy boy warriors.

I have. And if you are an off duty TRAINED cop or military member...who took an oath....and you have a weapon and are within range of one of these mass killers....and DO NOTHING....you have some soul searching to do.

Call 911. Identify yourself, your status (military or police) and what you're wearing. Then go kill the killer. Chances are....you will kill the shooter far before police arrive anyway so it won't matter.
that's stupid and dangerous. Unless you are already in the area, all you do is confuse everything and make it more dangerous to others. You should actually do some training.

You can go to the fucking seen as a first responder until the police arrive. The dude said that the shooting was way on the other side of the campus. It is a fuvking community college, and a small one at that. He could have gotten on scene if he wanted to.

Obviously you do not intervene if the police are in the scene conducting operations. But this pussy just did not want to get in the way. He is a fucking coward.

It is a SMALL SCHOOL with no armed guards on campus. SEVERAL MINUTES PASS between the onslaught of shooting and the arrival of the first policeman, which was plenty of time for that asshole to kill a lot of people. Being such a small school EVERYONE knew when the shooting started.

And this dude is a VET? That makes it doubly worse!

This vet (probably a fucking squid given his cowardice) heard shooting and then sat on his hands waiting for help to come as the lunatic murdered one after another. He never even upholstered his weapon.

He is a pussy. Somebody should take that gun away from him and shove it up his ass sideways!
yep never been under fire.

yoda-senses-internet-tough-guy.jpg

All these twerps, puffing and posturing and bragging about what they would do are full of crap. There was a shooter in Tucson who hid in the Walgreens. We've heard similar with so many of these idiotic shootings. They're nothing but fierce little Mighty Mouse wannabes.

Its very likely there were other guns there as well. In this case, the cops were there within minutes, engaged the shooter within minutes.

The other excuse we hear is that mental illness is to blame. If that were true, there would be mass killings in every civilized country in the world. So far this year, 10 THOUSAND people have been killed by guns. What other country would put up with that?

France...they gave up there people for murder to the Germans.....the Germans murdered 12 million people...Europe is not a role model for civilized behavior.....

The jackass you stupid motherfuckers are praising WAS NOT CONFRONTED with a life or death choice.

Yeah, whether he was confronted or not has shit to do with what anyone said. What are you saying? Because he wasn't confronted he wasn't there? Wasn't armed? Or doesn't deserve a post?

he was 200 yards away and had no idea exactly what was going on...moron.

That's also a fact. So?

Forum List

Back