🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on the UCC campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, vet John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

Ruins the whole "gun free zone" malarkey doesnt it

I don't see how it ruins the gun free zone bullshit. It does ruin the narrative progressive gun grabbers like to spew about every CC wanting to be a hero and doing more harm than good.

yoda-senses-internet-tough-guy.jpg

All these twerps, puffing and posturing and bragging about what they would do are full of crap. There was a shooter in Tucson who hid in the Walgreens. We've heard similar with so many of these idiotic shootings. They're nothing but fierce little Mighty Mouse wannabes.

Its very likely there were other guns there as well. In this case, the cops were there within minutes, engaged the shooter within minutes.

The other excuse we hear is that mental illness is to blame. If that were true, there would be mass killings in every civilized country in the world. So far this year, 10 THOUSAND people have been killed by guns. What other country would put up with that?
huh? now what the heck are you talking about? You know, (shaking head) the OP was posted for some reason, not sure, I perceived supposedly in error. Now you come in with this. shut up.

Are you one of those big brave hunt-n-grunt, he-man's who would have swooped down to save the day? You can sew this on your camo, right next to your NRA patch. (BTW, I still have mine from before the NRA was bought off by the gun makers.)

mighty-mouse_zpsb401d228.jpg
stereo type much? LOL I think I was really clear on my reply to the OP.

Too bad you have trouble in society I guess with that kind of mentality. Now me, I get that perception based on your post at me. You find me one where I warranted that response and I'll be happy to apologize.

Read my write up and then reply.

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

A veteran who says he was carrying a concealed weapon on the UCC campus Thursday when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer went on a murderous rampage, says he didn’t intervene because he knew police SWAT team members wouldn’t know him from the shooter.

In an interview with MSNBC, vet John Parker said he knows lots of students who conceal carry at the school because, despite a school policy that discourages weapons on campus, Oregon state law does allow it.

Saying he does conceal carry in case “I’m in close proximity” to an incident where he might try to save some lives, Parker admitted he’s not the type who believes that “there’s always somebody out there behind your back ready to do something like this.”

So he acted like a pussy libtard? Idiot.

Another lazyboy stone killer spews

Another fat boy living in mommas basement farts.

You said I didnt understand his statement. Which part didnt I understand?
the point that he didn't do anything. I perceived it was the reason for the post.

You perceive wrongly then, your bad
oh, ok, I'm fine with admitting I perceived incorrectly, then please state the point of posting the OP?

To show that there is no gun free zone there and that just because someone has a gun doesnt mean they are going to go rambo
ok, perhaps you could have actually said that in the OP.

The part about good guy with a gun is in the title. The gun free zone is addressed at the bottom. Do you know why you didnt see it?

Because you're too busy knee jerking when you see my name

I don't see how it ruins the gun free zone bullshit. It does ruin the narrative progressive gun grabbers like to spew about every CC wanting to be a hero and doing more harm than good.

So when someone is carrying on campus and there is no gun free zone...what you're saying is that republicans who claimed there was a gun free zone are correct?

the point that he didn't do anything. I perceived it was the reason for the post.

You perceive wrongly then, your bad
oh, ok, I'm fine with admitting I perceived incorrectly, then please state the point of posting the OP?

To show that there is no gun free zone there and that just because someone has a gun doesnt mean they are going to go rambo
ok, perhaps you could have actually said that in the OP.

The part about good guy with a gun is in the title. The gun free zone is addressed at the bottom. Do you know why you didnt see it?

Because you're too busy knee jerking when you see my name
what? you didn't write this highlighted print from the last post in your OP.

So when someone is carrying on campus and there is no gun free zone...what you're saying is that republicans who claimed there was a gun free zone are correct?

No, that's not what I said. Reading comprehension problems?

As I have repeatedly pointed out, UCC cannot constitutionally prevent a person from carrying a concealed gun due to the results of a 2011 court case here, and of course they must themselves possess the legal right to carry. However, the POLICY of UCC is a weapons free zone.

If it is found that a person has a gun or other weapon, they are unwelcome and will be asked to leave.
It is then up to the person to pursue their legal rights.
But lets be clear !! This school is a weapon free campus !!!
Here are their bylaws regarding weapons:

“Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.

Possession of knives with a blade longer than 4” is prohibited.

Brandishing weapons is prohibited.

Misuse of personal defensive weapons – e.g., pepper spray, etc. is prohibited. The owner is responsible and accountable for any misuse of these devices.”

As I have repeatedly pointed out, UCC cannot constitutionally prevent a person from carrying a concealed gun due to the results of a 2011 court case here, and of course they must themselves possess the legal right to carry. However, the POLICY of UCC is a weapons free zone.

If it is found that a person has a gun or other weapon, they are unwelcome and will be asked to leave.
It is then up to the person to pursue their legal rights.
But lets be clear !! This school is a weapon free campus !!!
Here are their bylaws regarding weapons:

“Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.

Possession of knives with a blade longer than 4” is prohibited.

Brandishing weapons is prohibited.

Misuse of personal defensive weapons – e.g., pepper spray, etc. is prohibited. The owner is responsible and accountable for any misuse of these devices.”

I believe his point is that if it is a weapon free zone, here's proof people carry. So a great big so what. People are supposed to obey speed limit laws and they don't. I bet each and every american speeds everyday.

You do know police and SWAT teams include in their training the ways to differentiate a killer and good Samaritan right? It's not widely publicized...because then killers would mimic good guys clues.

And....the vet should take some classes with law enforcement. One thing they teach vets and CWP holders is this. If you take action....hit 911 on your cell...and say "Shooting in progress. I'm John Doe ex Army...I'm in a red polo, jeans, white hat". Dispatch relays this. SWAT knows there is a CWP or military vet in that description trying to engage the suspect.

Off duty cops do it ALL THE TIME and never seem to get themselves shot.

Why are there so many massacres on military bases if the 'gun free zone is a target' narrative is correct?

If you were to sit down for a month and think about the one place that there would be plenty of guns and people that know how to use them you'd think 'military base'.

Gun lickers do magical pretzel mind twisting on themselves to justify their whacko.

In other words, he acted like a pussy and decided to let innocent people die in order to save himself. What a fucking prick.
My guess is you've never been under fire or even shot at.
Just love heroic bullshit from lazy boy warriors.

I have. And if you are an off duty TRAINED cop or military member...who took an oath....and you have a weapon and are within range of one of these mass killers....and DO NOTHING....you have some soul searching to do.

Call 911. Identify yourself, your status (military or police) and what you're wearing. Then go kill the killer. Chances are....you will kill the shooter far before police arrive anyway so it won't matter.

Why are there so many massacres on military bases if the 'gun free zone is a target' narrative is correct?

If you were to sit down for a month and think about the one place that there would be plenty of guns and people that know how to use them you'd think 'military base'.

Gun lickers do magical pretzel mind twisting on themselves to justify their whacko.

You mean like Chattanooga and Fort Hood? Those troops were UNARMED. I wasn't in the military but from what I hear...the only people on base with live weapons readily available are the MPs.

You do know police and SWAT teams include in their training the ways to differentiate a killer and good Samaritan right? It's not widely publicized...because then killers would mimic good guys clues.

And....the vet should take some classes with law enforcement. One thing they teach vets and CWP holders is this. If you take action....hit 911 on your cell...and say "Shooting in progress. I'm John Doe ex Army...I'm in a red polo, jeans, white hat". Dispatch relays this. SWAT knows there is a CWP or military vet in that description trying to engage the suspect.

Off duty cops do it ALL THE TIME and never seem to get themselves shot.

holy crap are you clueless. OP. never get in between relief and the bad guy, it's called friendly fire. Perhaps you should read up on that.

In other words, he acted like a pussy and decided to let innocent people die in order to save himself. What a fucking prick.

I have. And if you are an off duty TRAINED cop or military member...who took an oath....and you have a weapon and are within range of one of these mass killers....and DO NOTHING....you have some soul searching to do.

Call 911. Identify yourself, your status (military or police) and what you're wearing. Then go kill the killer. Chances are....you will kill the shooter far before police arrive anyway so it won't matter.
that's stupid and dangerous. Unless you are already in the area, all you do is confuse everything and make it more dangerous to others. You should actually do some training.

So he acted like a pussy libtard? Idiot.

Another lazyboy stone killer spews

Another fat boy living in mommas basement farts.

As always you're far wrong you've lapped yourself.

Thanks captain lazyboy.

Not really. The campus did have a policy. No guns allowed. Most CCW carriers will follow that. Oregon did recently pass a law that allowed the carrying of weapons on campus but Umpqua's stated policy was no guns.

That being said, the choice of a CCW holder to shoot or not shoot is on them. There are many police who never fire their weapons in similar situations. The facts are this person wasn't in the area at the time. Had he been he might have decided to shoot the bad guy when he was lining everybody up but, as he clearly wasn't in the area, his assertion that he was afraid the cops would mistake him for the bad guy is specious at best.

Uh. Because the guns are locked up and the personnel are unarmed.

Duh.

Forum List

Back