ARRESTS DOWN 66% IN NYC

4. He said after the Garner killing that he had told his biracial son, Dante, to “take special care” in encounters with the police.

Yeah, he went a whole lot further than that. He went to press with a sharp racially dividing tongue with the NYPD. But, you know.....

Facts hurt. But its the fault of the facts not the guy who tells you the facts

What facts? He made disparaging comments against his own police department and he did so racially and personally. The guy is not a leader, he's a divider. That's why the nypd are doing what they are doing.

Are you saying it is a fact that African Americans are racially subjugated by the NYPD? Because that's crap.

Facts man, you dont like them but that doesnt change facts. Yes that is what I'm saying. When you defend stopping innocent blacks not because of their action but because of "blacks" in general then yeah.

Off duty black cops in New York feel threat from fellow police Reuters

Or maybe even black cops are "in on it" and trying to trick you into...something. I dont see any payoff to lie...but I do see the payoff in not believing it even happens

Right, so because it happens, and no one is going to say it doesn't - and it happens for many reasons, that means that De Blasio is just saying what the facts are by implicating his ENTIRE police department as being racially prejudice?

Yeah, it was a really good move. I came off real well to anyone not completely emotionally engaged in the debate.

How can I agree to a story you just made up? Stop your fear mongering. Wee-weeing in an alley isnt a danger.

You can agree to the principle behind the story, which is that NYPD officers now understand that they have to watch out for their personal safety and their careers above everything else because they will get no support from the City of New York, its citizens or its leadership. They're less concerned about arrest numbers and more interested in making sure they go home in one peice at the end of their shift.
Who can blame them. Putting your life at stake for those who will not support you is a fool's errand. I can well imagine a Sargent Schultz police force (I know nothing, I see nothing).

NYC's mayor deserves nothing less.

Last edited:
4. He said after the Garner killing that he had told his biracial son, Dante, to “take special care” in encounters with the police.

Yeah, he went a whole lot further than that. He went to press with a sharp racially dividing tongue with the NYPD. But, you know.....

Too bad that the cops are just proving that the mayor was 100% right about them.

How so? By disagreeing with the mayor that every black person is under subjugation from the NYPD? Basically saying it is long standing and deep rooted policy?

I mean, yeah, that should go over really well for everyone to say these things.

The facts don't lie.

What facts? He made disparaging comments against his own police department and he did so racially and personally. The guy is not a leader, he's a divider. That's why the nypd are doing what they are doing.

Are you saying it is a fact that African Americans are racially subjugated by the NYPD? Because that's crap.

Facts man, you dont like them but that doesnt change facts. Yes that is what I'm saying. When you defend stopping innocent blacks not because of their action but because of "blacks" in general then yeah.

Or maybe even black cops are "in on it" and trying to trick you into...something. I dont see any payoff to lie...but I do see the payoff in not believing it even happens

Right, so because it happens, and no one is going to say it doesn't - and it happens for many reasons, that means that De Blasio is just saying what the facts are by implicating his ENTIRE police department as being racially prejudice?

So it does happen? But it doesnt happen? I dont know what you're saying here. But the bolded word is curious....who said anything about "entire"?

Are you changing what was said again to jump into the victim pool?

Yeah, it was a really good move. I came off real well to anyone not completely emotionally engaged in the debate.

You seem emotional when you claim that instructing his son on how to act with police (which I thought was a good thing) is taken as ENTIRE police departments are RACIST or whatever your new thing is

How can I agree to a story you just made up? Stop your fear mongering. Wee-weeing in an alley isnt a danger.

You can agree to the principle behind the story, which is that NYPD officers now understand that they have to watch out for their personal safety and their careers above everything else because they will get no support from the City of New York, its citizens or its leadership. They're less concerned about arrest numbers and more interested in making sure they go home in one peice at the end of their shift.
Who can blame them. Putting your life at stake for those who will not support you is a fool's errand. I can well imagine a Sargent Schultz police force (I now nothing, I see nothing).

By not writing tickets for pee-pee :rolleyes:

He's not only full of it, he's a big time hypocrite too. If the NYPD is such a danger to his son why is doesn't he renounce the special NYPD detail that is designated to protect him and his family?

So it does happen? But it doesnt happen? I dont know what you're saying here. But the bolded word is curious....who said anything about "entire"?

You seem emotional when you claim that instructing his son on how to act with police (which I thought was a good thing) is taken as ENTIRE police departments are RACIST or whatever your new thing is

You're deliberately obfuscating as you always do. The mayor made some very clear sweeping accusations about the NYPD's long history of racism and discrimination against black men, and his concerns over it personally. If you can not see how 1) this is very damaging to his relationship to the NYPD and 2) it's also not true, then I do not know what else to tell you.

Yes, there are certainly racist cops. Is it NYPD policy to treat black men with unequal treatment from the rest of society? No. The NYPD is one of the most diverse departments in the US.

I'm not emotionally engaged in this, no. I'm looking at why De Blasio is facing the battle that he is, and I'm also denouncing a sweeping NYPD policy against black males too.

Too bad that the cops are just proving that the mayor was 100% right about them.

How so? By disagreeing with the mayor that every black person is under subjugation from the NYPD? Basically saying it is long standing and deep rooted policy?

The facts don't lie.

Then put the fucking facts forth and stop obfuscating.

Who can blame them. Putting your life at stake for those who will not support you is a fool's errand. I can well imagine a Sargent Schultz police force (I now nothing, I see nothing).

The tip of the proverbial iceberg. Cops not to enforcing laws is dangerous and fiendishly difficult to prove.

The facts don't lie.

Then put the fucking facts forth and stop obfuscating.

The NYPD Has A Long History Of Killing Unarmed Black Men

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police 1999-2014

He's not only full of it, he's a big time hypocrite too. If the NYPD is such a danger to his son why is doesn't he renounce the special NYPD detail that is designated to protect him and his family?

Because silly he never said all police no matter how many tears you shed. Those words never were said so why would he?

There is nothing the matter with fewer arrests. Hell, they are probably hurting themselves without even realizing it (that's what happens when you become infected by the tea party). No more arrests or summons for BS violations. No speeding tickets unless you are endangering the public. Sounds like the NYPD is giving into freedom to me. If they keep it up NYC can reduce its police department by 66%. Hell, the cops are proving they aren't needed.

Because silly he never said all police no matter how many tears you shed. Those words never were said so why would he?

What do you mean?

He made the generalization that police officers are racist and said he told his his son that he should be fearful of them because of that.

That's exactly what he said. You can pretend he said something different all your want, but that doesn't change the fact that THE NYPD heard him loud and clear and took issue with what he said.

You're deliberately obfuscating as you always do. The mayor made some very clear sweeping accusations about the NYPD's long history of racism and discrimination against black men, and his concerns over it personally. If you can not see how 1) this is very damaging to his relationship to the NYPD and 2) it's also not true, then I do not know what else to tell you.

So lets see here. The NYPD is butthurt that they have a documented history of fucking with black people and that is the Mayors fault? Hold on....Hold on....and blacks are overacting when they see the police as abusive despite those facts? Hold up....AND the police can take offense at something that NO ONE blamed all of them for but blacks should get over being abused and harassed by cops for ACTUALLY Harassing and abusing?

This gets better all the time!

Yes, there are certainly racist cops.

Why are you calling all cops racist? See how this game works?

Is it NYPD policy to treat black men with unequal treatment from the rest of society? No. The NYPD is one of the most diverse departments in the US.

I'm not emotionally engaged in this, no. I'm looking at why De Blasio is facing the battle that he is, and I'm also denouncing a sweeping NYPD policy against black males too.

yeah you are...instead of talking about what he said you are busy telling everyone what he "really meant" from an emotional standpoint. Its funny because you feel so strongly about saying things about police but seem to feel nothing about actual abuses COMMITTED by the police.

Sticks and stones may never hurt me but words will break bones? Is that how it goes?

What do you mean?

He made the generalization that police officers are racist and said he told his his son that he should be fearful of them because of that.

No you made that generalization. Whats wrong? Now generalizing is bad...only for cops?

That's exactly what he said. You can pretend he said something different all your want, but that doesn't change the fact that THE NYPD heard him loud and clear and took issue with what he said.

What theyy heard and what was said are 2 different things buddy.

What do you mean?

No you made that generalization. Whats wrong? Now generalizing is bad...only for cops?

What theyy heard and what was said are 2 different things buddy.

Huh? What generalization did I make? Do tell.

....traffic citations had fallen by 94 percent over the same period last year, summonses for offenses like public drinking and urination were down 94 percent, parking violations were down 92 percent, and drug arrests by the Organized Crime Control Bureau were down 84 percent.

The data cover only a week, and the reasons for the plunge are not entirely clear. But it is so steep and sudden as to suggest a dangerous, deplorable escalation of the police confrontation with the de Blasio administration. Even considering the heightened tensions surrounding the officers’ deaths and pending labor negotiations — the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association has no contract, and its leader, Patrick Lynch, has been the most strident in attacking Mr. de Blasio, calling him a bloody accomplice to the officers’ murder — this action is repugnant and inexcusable. It amounts to a public act of extortion by the police.

And for what?

Let’s review the actions that Mr. de Blasio’s harshest critics say have driven the police to such extremes.

1. He campaigned on ending the unconstitutional use of “stop-and-frisk” tactics, which victimized hundreds of thousands of innocent young black and Latino men.

2. He called for creating an inspector general for the department and ending racial profiling.

3. After Eric Garner, an unarmed black man, was killed by a swarm of cops on Staten Island, he convened a meeting with the police commissioner, William Bratton, and the Rev. Al Sharpton, giving Mr. Sharpton greater prominence than police defenders thought he should have had because Mr. Sharpton is a firebrand with an unsavory past.

5. He generally condoned the peaceful protests for police reform — while condemning those who incited or committed violence — and cited a tagline of the movement: “Black lives matter.”

The list of grievances adds up to very little, unless you look at it through the magnifying lens of resentment fomented by union bosses and right-wing commentators. The falling murder rate, the increased resources for the department, the end of quota-based policing, which the police union despised, the mayor’s commitment to “broken-windows” policing — none of that matters, because many cops have latched on to the narrative that they are hated, with the mayor orchestrating the hate.

It’s a false narrative. Mr. de Blasio was elected by a wide margin on a promise to reform the policing excesses that were found unconstitutional by a federal court. He hired a proven reformer, Mr. Bratton, who had achieved with the Los Angeles Police Department what needs doing in New York. The furor that has gripped the city since the Garner killing has been a complicated mess. But what New Yorkers expect of the Police Department is simple:

1. Don’t violate the Constitution.

2. Don’t kill unarmed people.

To that we can add:

3. Do your jobs. The police are sworn public servants, and refusing to work violates their oath to serve and protect. Mr. Bratton should hold his commanders and supervisors responsible, and turn this insubordination around.

Mr. de Blasio has a responsibility to lead the city out of this impasse, and to his credit has avoided inflaming the situation with hasty or hostile words. But it’s the Police Department that needs to police itself. Rank-and-file officers deserve a department they can be proud of, not the insular, defiant, toxically politicized constituency that Mr. Lynch seems to want to lead.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/opinion/when-new-york-city-police-walk-off-the-job.html?_r=0

So suddenly liberals are not backing a union ?

Unions? Entire police departments racist?

You guys are hearing things

Forum List

Back