Article: Why Are Conservatives Happier Than Liberals?

Seems to me, and this is my non scientific mind working, but it seems to me that if marriage makes one happier the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.

The article states this is about as settled science as science can be. Many theories are put forth, but from experience, I'll go with "neuroticism".

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTT! :auiqs.jpg:

You look at this board as an example?????
Not only are conservatives more miserable than liberals, they're downright angry and enraged...like all the time. I don't know any liberal or progressive who is angry all the time.
They are passionate. They want to see things change and not stay the same.

LOL. Follow some of the links and it actually says, "Maybe conservatives think they are more happy than liberals".

Liberals tend to believe in impending doom, bad things are about to happen if we don't spend a ton of someone else's money on a given issue. And generally the conservatives say NO, we ain't doing that and so the liberals get angry and depressed, which is not a recipe for happiness.

As a conservative I'm pretty happy, although I do get frustrated at liberals and their policies. My brother and sister were liberals. They were never happy, and are both deceased before their time.

Last edited:
They're not happier. Conservatives just lie and say they're happy. Look at this board. Do the whining conservatives here come across as "happy" to anyone? No. They come across as being the most miserable people to ever exist.

It's a cult thing.

The cult tells the cultists that all those in cult must be happy.

In the mind of the cultist, that means they can't be a good cultist unless they're happy.

Since appearing as a good cultist is the most important thing in their life, they automatically lie and say how happy they are.

Seems to me, and this is my non scientific mind working, but it seems to me that if marriage makes one happier the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.

‘Here’s your check’: Trump’s massive payouts to farmers will be hard to pull back

Seems to me it was I saying no and the Conservatives defending the spending.
Imagine living life as a crusader for CHANGE….always focused on what sucks in America and not what‘s great…Wondering what gender you might want to be tomorrow, wondering if you want to have sex with men or women, spending your days begging for free shit from fellow countrymen…seems like a no-brainer to me….LibTards are miserable subhumans.

Imagine living life as a crusader for CHANGE….always focused on what sucks in America and not what‘s great…Wondering what gender you might want to be tomorrow, wondering if you want to have sex with men or women, spending your days begging for free shit from fellow countrymen…seems like a no-brainer to me….LibTards are miserable subhumans.

I have no idea what the things I posted have to do with your rant..........and you claim you are happy?

Liberals tend to believe in impending doom, bad things are about to happen if we don't spend a ton of someone else's money on a given issue. And generally the conservatives say NO, we ain't doing that and so the liberals get angry and depressed, which is not a recipe for happiness.
Well, no. Perhaps that straw man that you think represents a liberal is like that, but reality doesn't bear that out. Thats what happens when you let people like hannity and glenn beck blow all that smoke up your ass.

They're not happier. Conservatives just lie and say they're happy. Look at this board. Do the whining conservatives here come across as "happy" to anyone? No. They come across as being the most miserable people to ever exist.

It's a cult thing.

The cult tells the cultists that all those in cult must be happy.

In the mind of the cultist, that means they can't be a good cultist unless they're happy.

Since appearing as a good cultist is the most important thing in their life, they automatically lie and say how happy they are.
Gee...I wonder why non-Mentally Ill Conservatives are concerned about skyrocketing crime and inflation.

There are precious few liberals left in society. The vast majority of people who call themselves liberal are ultra-conformist authoritarians who wouldn't recognize a liberal principle if it was a two by four clobbering them over the head.

As to why LEFTISTS are miserable, just look at the sales pitch of the Democrat party. It tells people that they are victims, that there are people oppressing them, and that the reason they are being oppressed is due to the color of their skin, their ethnicity, their gender, their sexuality, their weight -- anything that can be exploited to create grievance. Once they sow the seeds of resentment, they posit themselves as the answer to such as that great equalizer that will step in and vanquish those bad meanies who are keeping them down. Of course, they never actually do anything to improve miserable people's lives since keeping them miserable is the very mechanism they use to obtain power over them.

People who are happy and content simply do not fall for the sales pitch.

Negative attitudes to the extreme by both ends .. Everything is doom and gloom. Honest discussion and civil debate is replaced with lets get some dirt on the other team. If there is no dirt twist the information to make it look like dirt. Getting the work of the people done takes a back seat.

There are precious few liberals left in society. The vast majority of people who call themselves liberal are ultra-conformist authoritarians who wouldn't recognize a liberal principle if it was a two by four clobbering them over the head.

As to why LEFTISTS are miserable, just look at the sales pitch of the Democrat party. It tells people that they are victims, that there are people oppressing them, and that the reason they are being oppressed is due to the color of their skin, their ethnicity, their gender, their sexuality, their weight -- anything that can be exploited to create grievance. Once they sow the seeds of resentment, they posit themselves as the answer to such as that great equalizer that will step in and vanquish those bad meanies who are keeping them down. Of course, they never actually do anything to improve miserable people's lives since keeping them miserable is the very mechanism they use to obtain power over them.

People who are happy and content simply do not fall for the sales pitch.
Today's Liberals do not discuss, they dictate.

Forum List

Back