🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

As dumb as it sounds is it time for Political Affiliation to become a protected class?

We have so many protected classes that are minuscule by comparison. Then we have hate crime laws which persecute thought.
In today's climate conservatives are inundated with assault & discrimination. From being assaulted for wearing a Trump hat or having a MAGA bumpersticker to being silenced across social media.

Every damn possible group out there has their metoo movement or laws to protect them from perceived discrimination or mistreatment so why not laws to protect political ideology?
No.

The solution is to do away with protected classes of people entirely.

We have a First Amendment which means if you don't like the way you are being treated, fight back.

Everyone is in a protected class through our unchangeable characteristics, except for religion, which is a choice, and the refusal of some sicko religionists to allow sexual orientation, which one is born with and is unchangeable. Except for what I have mentioned, EVERYONE is in a protected class. Are you dense?
Deliberate misdirection.

When we speak of a protected class with regard to politics in America, there is no misunderstanding of what we are talking about. You're beliefs not withstanding, not everyone is in a protected class.

There should be no protected classes at all. Religion, however, is not a protected class in that it is NOT protected from citizens like gays or LBGT groups are. Rather, it is protected from government, like all such rights outlined in the Bill of Rights.

You are free to move along now.

Everyone is in a "protected class" according to race, sex, religion, ethnicity. The only class that is left out is by sexual orientation. Why don't you do your homework? Religion is much more protected as a "protected class," even though religion is a choice and sexual orientation is not. Remember when the "religious" nuts passed the ignorantly named "Defense of Marriage Act", a decorative piece that tried to assert the claims of a religious group against people who were born LGBT?

We have so many protected classes that are minuscule by comparison. Then we have hate crime laws which persecute thought.
In today's climate conservatives are inundated with assault & discrimination. From being assaulted for wearing a Trump hat or having a MAGA bumpersticker to being silenced across social media.

Every damn possible group out there has their metoo movement or laws to protect them from perceived discrimination or mistreatment so why not laws to protect political ideology?
No.

We have a First Amendment which means if you don't like the way you are being treated, fight back.

Everyone is in a protected class through our unchangeable characteristics, except for religion, which is a choice, and the refusal of some sicko religionists to allow sexual orientation, which one is born with and is unchangeable. Except for what I have mentioned, EVERYONE is in a protected class. Are you dense?
Deliberate misdirection.

When we speak of a protected class with regard to politics in America, there is no misunderstanding of what we are talking about. You're beliefs not withstanding, not everyone is in a protected class.

There should be no protected classes at all. Religion, however, is not a protected class in that it is NOT protected from citizens like gays or LBGT groups are. Rather, it is protected from government, like all such rights outlined in the Bill of Rights.

Everyone is in a "protected class" according to race, sex, religion, ethnicity. The only class that is left out is by sexual orientation. Why don't you do your homework? Religion is much more protected as a "protected class," even though religion is a choice and sexual orientation is not. Remember when the "religious" nuts passed the ignorantly named "Defense of Marriage Act", a decorative piece that tried to assert the claims of a religious group against people who were born LGBT?
I just gave you the outline of Religion in this country. It is NOT protected, or you sub-evolved primates would be punished for attacking it.

I have two words for your 'everyone is protected'.

White Privilege.

Protected classes of people...

No.

Deliberate misdirection.

I just gave you the outline of Religion in this country. It is NOT protected, or you sub-evolved primates would be punished for attacking it.

White Privilege.

You are saying that you do not have a race, a gender, a national origin, an age, a citizenship? Are you some sort of extraterrestrial? You need to read the laws and you have not done so.

No.

Deliberate misdirection.

White Privilege.

You are saying that you do not have a race, a gender, a national origin, an age, a citizenship? Are you some sort of extraterrestrial? You need to read the laws and you have not done so.
Read the links, learn something other than 'ug, dey are bad'

No!

Someone has tp say it so I am saying NOOOOOOOO!!

Enough with the Political Correctness and needing protection for your feelings because the reality is the world is horrible and no one should be protected!!!

Well except Dolphins and Pandas...

Actually, it is dumber than it sounds & it sounds like someone playing a victim card.

I hope you never decide to run for any political office because we need intelligent, responsible citizens to serve.

With ideas like class protecting political affiliation, you don't seem like you have either of the two above listed attributes, intelligence, nor responsibility.

Do you honestly want whoever is in control at any given moment in Washington DC to start thinking of ways they can write legislation to "protect" their political class? Whoops, the RNC cannot accept anymore funding because Joe's Barbecue Caucus hasn't surpassed the million dollar mark in campaign contributions yet, so that's unfair and discriminatory.

Do you honestly want whoever is in control at any given moment in Washington DC to start thinking of ways they can write legislation to "protect" their political class? Whoops, the RNC cannot accept anymore funding because Joe's Barbecue Caucus hasn't surpassed the million dollar mark in campaign contributions yet, so that's unfair and discriminatory.
Of course not. I want to spark debate. Open eyes. Get the jackasses on the left to do a little self reflection.
Far be it for me to assume anyone on this forum could grasp the underlying point of my op.
We have a MAJOR FUCKING PROBLEM in this country and sticking our heads in the sand is not a solution.

Of course not. I want to spark debate. Open eyes. Get the jackasses on the left to do a little self reflection.
Far be it for me to assume anyone on this forum could grasp the underlying point of my op.
We have a MAJOR FUCKING PROBLEM in this country and sticking our heads in the sand is not a solution.

Coming from the guy who has or had (I have sigs off) "liberalism is a disease" as his signature, it would seem you have the problem. Perhaps you have the disease of permanent victimhood.

Only way for it to work is either everyone is a protected class, or we get rid of the concept entirely.

Everyone is.

Not true, depending on the law in question. Political viewpoints are not protected in certain States, and not by the feds either.

Forum List

Back