As dumb as it sounds is it time for Political Affiliation to become a protected class?

We have so many protected classes that are minuscule by comparison. Then we have hate crime laws which persecute thought.
In today's climate conservatives are inundated with assault & discrimination. From being assaulted for wearing a Trump hat or having a MAGA bumpersticker to being silenced across social media.

Every damn possible group out there has their metoo movement or laws to protect them from perceived discrimination or mistreatment so why not laws to protect political ideology?

You are a complete idiot if you don't know that people are included in "protected classes" according to their "immutable" (it means unchangeable, folks) characteristics, except for religion, which is an individual choice, and except for the fact that sexual orientation is not included in federal and state laws, even though sexual orientation is immutable. You right-wingers and white trash and phony "Christian" types are not subject to any more misbehavior than anyone else is. You are not entitled to any more protection of the law than anyone else is. Remember that you choose who you are and your political ideology. You CHOOSE trumpism. You CHOOSE these cults that you belong to. Why can't the rest of us CHOOSE to reject the wild ideologies that you have chosen for yourselves?
New California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies that would happen

You were saying?
Oh brother... your victim hood is getting worse everyday

I'm old enough to remember when some people were threatening to fire employees who voted for Obama or Clinton, on the premise that doing so was harmful to the business. Many on the far right were cheerleading, and many on the far left were saying that it was illegal discrimination.

We have so many protected classes that are minuscule by comparison. Then we have hate crime laws which persecute thought.
In today's climate conservatives are inundated with assault & discrimination. From being assaulted for wearing a Trump hat or having a MAGA bumpersticker to being silenced across social media.

Every damn possible group out there has their metoo movement or laws to protect them from perceived discrimination or mistreatment so why not laws to protect political ideology?
No.

The solution is to do away with protected classes of people entirely.

We have a First Amendment which means if you don't like the way you are being treated, fight back.

Only way for it to work is either everyone is a protected class, or we get rid of the concept entirely.

The basic concept is unconstitutional. You cannot give some classes more protection and still have equal protection for all.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So I can advertise that I only want to rent to "good Christians"?

Good by me! As far as I am concerned you should be able to advertise that I only want to rent to "good WHITE Christians"

You know the best part of all this shit. The left is doing it to themselves. In their rush to "resist" they are taking it so far it will cause their own regulation that forces them to SIT THE FUCK DOWN
There are ACTUAL liberals who agree with you.
79_zpsbpnzvivo.gif

I'm old enough to remember when some people were threatening to fire employees who voted for Obama or Clinton, on the premise that doing so was harmful to the business. Many on the far right were cheerleading, and many on the far left were saying that it was illegal discrimination.
I know of none on the right that cheered such an asinine statement. One should never be fired for their political beliefs on the job unless the employer makes it known that experssing political views ((((WHILE ON THE JOB))) is forbidden.

Yeah, sure

There shouldn't be any "protected classes". Political affiliation doesn't have to be protected more than anyone else. The dirty little secret is that the crazy left has become so unhinged with TDS that they lash out at anyone wearing a freaking red hat these days.. The crazy left is protected from reasonable criticism by the criminal conspiracy in the media while they run wild. How many people remember the name Hodgkinson? It was a little more than a year ago when a democrat activist named Hodgkinson tried to murder an entire republican baseball team and shot a congressman. It was a sensational crime but the media wasn't concerned about Hodgkinson's motivation or his affiliation with Bernie Sanders or any contacts he might have had with the democrat party leadership while he lived out of his van for a month in D.C. The media was only interested burying the story faster than they put Hodgkinson in the ground.

There shouldn't be any "protected classes". Political affiliation doesn't have to be protected more than anyone else. The dirty little secret is that the crazy left has become so unhinged with TDS that they lash out at anyone wearing a freaking red hat these days.. The crazy left is protected from reasonable criticism by the criminal conspiracy in the media while they run wild. How many people remember the name Hodgkinson? It was a little more than a year ago when a democrat activist named Hodgkinson tried to murder an entire republican baseball team and shot a congressman. It was a sensational crime but the media wasn't concerned about Hodgkinson's motivation or his affiliation with Bernie Sanders or any contacts he might have had with the democrat party leadership while he lived out of his van for a month in D.C. The media was only interested burying the story faster than they put Hodgkinson in the ground.

Anyone wearing a red hat, huh?

Anyone at all?

That poor color.

Anyone at all?

That poor color.
Look at the reaction I get when I say red. I rest my case.

Anyone at all?

That poor color.
Look at the reaction I get when I say red. I rest my case.

Laughing.....that was 'lashing out'?

If so, you clearly need a fainting couch and some touch up for your eye liner. Because it definitely gets harder from here.

No.

We have a First Amendment which means if you don't like the way you are being treated, fight back.

Everyone is in a protected class through our unchangeable characteristics, except for religion, which is a choice, and the refusal of some sicko religionists to allow sexual orientation, which one is born with and is unchangeable. Except for what I have mentioned, EVERYONE is in a protected class. Are you dense?

hate crime laws are nonsensical
....so if a black man murders a child to steal her $1, it's not as bad as a white murdering a black out of hate ---according to hate crime laws..........??????!!!!!!!!
..etc

What fucking hate laws regarding children are you reading about?
whooooaaa...simmer down there Tex
WTF are you yakking about??
you do not see the obvious point made??
let me explain it so even a 2nd grader, like you, could understand then:
...according to hate crime laws a black murdering a child is not as bad as a white murdering a black for hate

No.

Everyone is in a protected class through our unchangeable characteristics, except for religion, which is a choice, and the refusal of some sicko religionists to allow sexual orientation, which one is born with and is unchangeable. Except for what I have mentioned, EVERYONE is in a protected class. Are you dense?
Deliberate misdirection.

When we speak of a protected class with regard to politics in America, there is no misunderstanding of what we are talking about. You're beliefs not withstanding, not everyone is in a protected class.

There should be no protected classes at all. Religion, however, is not a protected class in that it is NOT protected from citizens like gays or LBGT groups are. Rather, it is protected from government, like all such rights outlined in the Bill of Rights.

You are free to move along now.

Yeah, sure

For example...
more BULLSHIT
the employer was not saying he was going to fire someone for voting for Obama

Forum List

Back