As I Predicted, Emoluments Case Dismissed

It was the obvious outcome. They had no standing to sue, it was all just a PR stunt.

Now they will say Trump only got off on a technicality

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Technically speaking it is a technicality.

Do you think Trump could be so vapid as to favor those who stay at his hotel vs his competitors? I wouldn't put it past him, it could be worth millions of dollars over his presidency.

It would have been millions of dollars regardless.

Regardless of what?

HAHA :5_1_12024::banana::boo_hoo14:View attachment 268635 :boo_hoo14::banana::5_1_12024:HAHA

That Trumpian suit of armor survives yet another "sure-thing" death blow from the Democrats! Strike 4,487 for the Tards!

You're cheering for corruption? Sounds about right.

Trump is a choir boy compared to the mafioso of crime whose ass YOU lick.

View attachment 268641 View attachment 268642View attachment 268644

If it wasn't for whataboutism you mental midgets wouldn't have any arguments.
The term "whataboutism" is just they way turds like you admit that you're proud to be a hypocrite.

And the action of whataboutism is a way for you Trump worshipers to admit that you're proud to be a hypocrite
No, it's the label morons like you paste on the action of pointing out your hypocrisy.

Yep, good ruling. He should be able to profit off his position as long as he is not breaking the law.

So it would be just fine for Hillary to give Russia 20 percent of our uranium in exchange for Clinton Foundation donations? (which never actually happened)

Actually this emoluments case on DC hotels was judged by:

Paul V. Niemeyer: Bush Sr. appointee
Dennis W. Shedd: Bush Jr appointee
A. Marvin Quattlebaum Jr.: Trump appointee

will be appealed to 4th circuit.
And this isnt the only emoluments case.

That was the appeal to the 4th Circuit. Don't know if the 4th Circuit will consider it en bank.

This can be appealed to the full 4th circuit. This decision was a ruling by a panel of 3 judges. But the full 4th has 9 republicans and 9 democrats. Evenly split.

my apologies for not being clear.

They could also appeal to supreme court instead of 4th circuit.

I heard the case was dismissed with prejudice, as I understand it, that is the end of it, no more refiling. DC and MD couldn't even articulate what harm was done or what injunctive relief would remedy it. The court said they were there to settle real questions and basically accused DC and MD of misusing the courts.

The State and the District's cases may have been dismissed, with prejudice, but they were dimissed purely on the basis that they had no standing to sue. The case wasn't dismissed on its merits at all. The Congressional suit will have standing, and it will be decided on the merits.

In other Trump court cases, the slander suit by the realty show contestant continues to grind through the courts, with no sign of dismissal.

And I can't help but feel that this whole Epstein mess is about to blow up in Dumb Donald's face. Trump and Epstein were next door neighbours and thick as thieves. They did business deals together, they hung out together, and they busted up their friendship, because Epstein went after the daughter of a Mar-a-Lago club member. Trump didn't care about Epstein raping little girls, as long as their daddy's were poor, and Trump personally didn't get any flack for it.

There are already three credible allegations of rape against Trump, one of them from one of Epstein's girls, who said Trump and Epstein took turns raping her at his apartment. She filed the sworn affidavit of one of Epstein's employees who witnessed the assaults.

This is going to be better than Trump's 4th of July fireworks show. Who wants popcorn?

In other Trump court cases, the slander suit by the realty show contestant continues to grind through the courts, with no sign of dismissal.

Link?

So it would be just fine for Hillary to give Russia 20 percent of our uranium in exchange for Clinton Foundation donations? (which never actually happened)

That was the appeal to the 4th Circuit. Don't know if the 4th Circuit will consider it en bank.

This can be appealed to the full 4th circuit. This decision was a ruling by a panel of 3 judges. But the full 4th has 9 republicans and 9 democrats. Evenly split.

I heard the case was dismissed with prejudice, as I understand it, that is the end of it, no more refiling. DC and MD couldn't even articulate what harm was done or what injunctive relief would remedy it. The court said they were there to settle real questions and basically accused DC and MD of misusing the courts.

The State and the District's cases may have been dismissed, with prejudice, but they were dimissed purely on the basis that they had no standing to sue. The case wasn't dismissed on its merits at all. The Congressional suit will have standing, and it will be decided on the merits.

And I can't help but feel that this whole Epstein mess is about to blow up in Dumb Donald's face. Trump and Epstein were next door neighbours and thick as thieves. They did business deals together, they hung out together, and they busted up their friendship, because Epstein went after the daughter of a Mar-a-Lago club member. Trump didn't care about Epstein raping little girls, as long as their daddy's were poor, and Trump personally didn't get any flack for it.

There are already three credible allegations of rape against Trump, one of them from one of Epstein's girls, who said Trump and Epstein took turns raping her at his apartment. She filed the sworn affidavit of one of Epstein's employees who witnessed the assaults.

This is going to be better than Trump's 4th of July fireworks show. Who wants popcorn?

Link?

Trump Can Be Sued for Defamation by Summer Zervos, ‘Apprentice’ Contestant, Court Rules

Link?

Trump Can Be Sued for Defamation by Summer Zervos, ‘Apprentice’ Contestant, Court Rules

March 14?

It was the obvious outcome. They had no standing to sue, it was all just a PR stunt.

Now they will say Trump only got off on a technicality

Technically speaking it is a technicality.

Do you think Trump could be so vapid as to favor those who stay at his hotel vs his competitors? I wouldn't put it past him, it could be worth millions of dollars over his presidency.

It would have been millions of dollars regardless.

Regardless of what?

His election.

Yep, good ruling. He should be able to profit off his position as long as he is not breaking the law.

Read the paragraph starting at the end of page 35.

READ: Appeals Court Throws Out Emoluments Case Against Trump

It's 36 pages of legalese, and it's 2:00 a.m. I've bookmarked the decision at page 5. So I've basically read the preamble, which outlines the Plaintiff's case. It was the dumbest argument I've ever read. Trump should have won. I'll finish tomorrow.

Here's the last paragraph: My B/U

The District and Maryland’s interest in enforcing the Emoluments Clauses is so attenuated and abstract that their prosecution of this case readily provokes the question of whether this action against the President is an appropriate use of the courts, which were created to resolve real cases and controversies between the parties. In any event, for the reasons given, we grant the President’s petition for a writ of mandamus and, taking jurisdiction under 28 U.S.C. § 1292(b), hold that the District and Maryland do not have Article III standing to pursue their claims against the President. Accordingly, we reverse the district court’s orders denying the President’s motion to dismiss filed in his official capacity, and, in light of our related decision in No. 18-2488, we remand with instructions that the court dismiss the District and Maryland’s complaint with prejudice.
PETITION FOR WRIT OF MANDAMUS GRANTED;
REVERSED AND REMANDED
WITH INSTRUCTIONS

So yes the merits were at issue.

7npyaiY.jpg

It does when he goes somewhere and the government has to pay for all his security staff and other supporting members to stay and eat at his hotel and country clubs, rather than sticking to a budget and staying at places Trump and his family are not profiting from.

Agents don't necessarily stay where Trump does when they are off duty. They are not exempt from GSA hotel rates. If they do stay on site and are only charged GSA rates you have no fucking bitch coming.

This has already been printed in the media, and yes they do stay where he is, and no they do not get a special discount specific for the federal government.

I've seen a lot of speculation, no concrete facts. Do you have a link that offers facts? And don't bring up golf carts, Trump rents out those concessions to independent vendors.

Golf cart rentals? That would be the least of worries. Do some research yourself, because I already know whatever link I provide you will say they are biased and you don't trust it.

Try this one:

The payments to Mar-a-Lago are just a fraction of the total Secret Service costs detailed in the records CNN reviewed, which include bills from other hotels, car rental companies and event services in South Florida.

Secret Service paid Mar-a-Lago at least $63,000, documents show

I wonder who were staying in those other hotels, oh right, that was invoices to the Secret Service. If they were staying at Mar Lago, why would other hotels be needed. Come on child, put down the Kool aid.

You need to do more research. The secret service must stay within a certain distance of the President and a great deal of the people that could stay that far from the President would be support staff that have nothing to do with security. Not that is just rooms for them to sleep in, that does not count the food and drinks which are VERY expensive there.

There is a reason why Trump has spent more on his golfing trips to his own clubs in a year in and a half than Obama and Bush spent in their entire 8 years. And Bush and Obama didn't stay at their own country clubs where they make money off of the money being spent there.

Agents don't necessarily stay where Trump does when they are off duty. They are not exempt from GSA hotel rates. If they do stay on site and are only charged GSA rates you have no fucking bitch coming.

This has already been printed in the media, and yes they do stay where he is, and no they do not get a special discount specific for the federal government.

I've seen a lot of speculation, no concrete facts. Do you have a link that offers facts? And don't bring up golf carts, Trump rents out those concessions to independent vendors.

Golf cart rentals? That would be the least of worries. Do some research yourself, because I already know whatever link I provide you will say they are biased and you don't trust it.

Try this one:

The payments to Mar-a-Lago are just a fraction of the total Secret Service costs detailed in the records CNN reviewed, which include bills from other hotels, car rental companies and event services in South Florida.

I wonder who were staying in those other hotels, oh right, that was invoices to the Secret Service. If they were staying at Mar Lago, why would other hotels be needed. Come on child, put down the Kool aid.

You need to do more research. The secret service must stay within a certain distance of the President and a great deal of the people that could stay that far from the President would be support staff that have nothing to do with security. Not that is just rooms for them to sleep in, that does not count the food and drinks which are VERY expensive there.

There is a reason why Trump has spent more on his golfing trips to his own clubs in a year in and a half than Obama and Bush spent in their entire 8 years. And Bush and Obama didn't stay at their own country clubs where they make money off of the money being spent there.

Agents providing security are not on duty 24 hours a day, and they don't sleep on site. GSA per diem rates still apply for food and incidentals. Face it, you children are just allowing your TDS to override any logical thought processes you might have.

Try this one:

Mar a Lago is Trump's home, you fucking idiot. That's the reason he spends time there. Trump didn't make the law that says the SS has to lodge close to the President. The SS just follows it.

Try this one:

Agents providing security are not on duty 24 hours a day, and they don't sleep on site. GSA per diem rates still apply for food and incidentals. Face it, you children are just allowing your TDS to override any logical thought processes you might have.

Secret Service is MOST DEFINITELY there 24 hours a day. If you really think that, you are ignorant. Of course they do it in shifts, anyone with half a brain would understand that.

Try this one:

Mar a Lago is Trump's home, you fucking idiot. That's the reason he spends time there. Trump didn't make the law that says the SS has to lodge close to the President. The SS just follows it.

Mar-a-Lago is a country club. Trump has residency there, but that doesn't change the fact that staff and security stay there have to pay the high prices, including food. It is not the same as if it was a normal residence where staff and security could find a close by hotel to stay at that is MUSH MORE budget friendly.

It's amazing you fucks complain about a family getting $180 a month in food stamps, but could care less that the cost of what is going on with Trump's golfing trips and that Security and staff are using tax dollars to pay $10 for a bottle of water and much much more for other things.

Try this one:

Secret Service is MOST DEFINITELY there 24 hours a day. If you really think that, you are ignorant. Of course they do it in shifts, anyone with half a brain would understand that.

And that is different than saying "Agents providing security are not on duty 24 hours a day" HOW??????????

Try this one:

And that is different than saying "Agents providing security are not on duty 24 hours a day" HOW??????????

Do you understand how a business or security that operates 24 hours a day works? I'm not going to waste any more time with this ridiculous argument. You are either trolling or fucking brain dead.

Try this one:

Mar-a-Lago is a country club. Trump has residency there, but that doesn't change the fact that staff and security stay there have to pay the high prices, including food. It is not the same as if it was a normal residence where staff and security could find a close by hotel to stay at that is MUSH MORE budget friendly.

It's amazing you fucks complain about a family getting $180 a month in food stamps, but could care less that the cost of what is going on with Trump's golfing trips and that Security and staff are using tax dollars to pay $10 for a bottle of water and much much more for other things.

Link??????????????????????????????????????????

Try this one:

Do you understand how a business or security that operates 24 hours a day works? I'm not going to waste any more time with this ridiculous argument. You are either trolling or fucking brain dead.

I've already provide a link to one of your trusted commie sources that says the money spent a Mar Lago is only a fractions of what the Secret Service spends on hotels, rental cars and other services. All are in accordance with allowable GSA per diem rates. Stop your fucking whining already.

I've already provide a link to one of your trusted commie sources that says the money spent a Mar Lago is only a fractions of what the Secret Service spends on hotels, rental cars and other services. All are in accordance with allowable GSA per diem rates. Stop your fucking whining already.

Here is a good article for you to read... which I know you won't.

Taxpayers spent $1,000 on cocktails for Trump staffers (and more) at Trump's Florida club, Mar-a-Lago

Here is a good article for you to read... which I know you won't.

Taxpayers spent $1,000 on cocktails for Trump staffers (and more) at Trump's Florida club, Mar-a-Lago

The article still doesn't say Mar Lago is charging more than the maximum allowable rate. Only key staffers and cabinet officers stayed there during the China state visit and were charged $546 per night instead of the normal $2,000 members pay. Other staffers stayed off site, just like the off duty Secret Service agents do. Essentially the resort is losing money when Trump staffers stay there, because the rooms are not available for customers that pay their normal rates.

Of course, the “easiest” way to visit Mar-a-Lago is to become a member. Membership has numerous benefits, such as the use of the formal and casual dining areas, the Trump Spa and Salon, the pool, the Beach Club, the fitness center, and gorgeous state-of-the-art suites, just to name a few. But it will cost you a fortune: A $200,000 initiation fee to be exact, plus $15,000 in annual dues. Oh, and if you’d like to spend the night, you’ll have to pay an extra $2,000.

Here's What It Costs to Take a Vacation at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort

Forum List

Back