As I Predicted, Emoluments Case Dismissed

Secret Service is MOST DEFINITELY there 24 hours a day. If you really think that, you are ignorant. Of course they do it in shifts, anyone with half a brain would understand that.

And that is different than saying "Agents providing security are not on duty 24 hours a day" HOW??????????

Do you understand how a business or security that operates 24 hours a day works? I'm not going to waste any more time with this ridiculous argument. You are either trolling or fucking brain dead.

I've already provide a link to one of your trusted commie sources that says the money spent a Mar Lago is only a fractions of what the Secret Service spends on hotels, rental cars and other services. All are in accordance with allowable GSA per diem rates. Stop your fucking whining already.

Here is a good article for you to read... which I know you won't.

Taxpayers spent $1,000 on cocktails for Trump staffers (and more) at Trump's Florida club, Mar-a-Lago

The article still doesn't say Mar Lago is charging more than the maximum allowable rate. Only key staffers and cabinet officers stayed there during the China state visit and were charged $546 per night instead of the normal $2,000 members pay. Other staffers stayed off site, just like the off duty Secret Service agents do. Essentially the resort is losing money when Trump staffers stay there, because the rooms are not available for customers that pay their normal rates.

Of course, the “easiest” way to visit Mar-a-Lago is to become a member. Membership has numerous benefits, such as the use of the formal and casual dining areas, the Trump Spa and Salon, the pool, the Beach Club, the fitness center, and gorgeous state-of-the-art suites, just to name a few. But it will cost you a fortune: A $200,000 initiation fee to be exact, plus $15,000 in annual dues. Oh, and if you’d like to spend the night, you’ll have to pay an extra $2,000.

Here's What It Costs to Take a Vacation at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort

That article clearly stated about how expensive drinks are, and that the charges were so high the state Department didn't want to pay them. It also said that that Mar-a-Lago TURNED DOWN a request from the federal government to get bulk rate discounts. It also said that Trump worked to get the maximum rates that places could charge over-turned.

If you are going to complain about spending of tax money, at least fucking be consistent.

When a judge allowed the suit to go forward I predicted it wouldn't withstand an appeal and it didn't.

Federal appeals court hands Trump victory in 'emoluments' case involving DC hotel

You did not predict it would be dismissed on the grounds that the two States did not have standing to sue. You said he wasn't violating the emoluments clause, and that was not the ruling. And they will just do another appeal to the full court, now.

Trump is going to lose the emoluments battles, eventually.

And that is different than saying "Agents providing security are not on duty 24 hours a day" HOW??????????

Do you understand how a business or security that operates 24 hours a day works? I'm not going to waste any more time with this ridiculous argument. You are either trolling or fucking brain dead.

I've already provide a link to one of your trusted commie sources that says the money spent a Mar Lago is only a fractions of what the Secret Service spends on hotels, rental cars and other services. All are in accordance with allowable GSA per diem rates. Stop your fucking whining already.

Taxpayers spent $1,000 on cocktails for Trump staffers (and more) at Trump's Florida club, Mar-a-Lago

The article still doesn't say Mar Lago is charging more than the maximum allowable rate. Only key staffers and cabinet officers stayed there during the China state visit and were charged $546 per night instead of the normal $2,000 members pay. Other staffers stayed off site, just like the off duty Secret Service agents do. Essentially the resort is losing money when Trump staffers stay there, because the rooms are not available for customers that pay their normal rates.

Of course, the “easiest” way to visit Mar-a-Lago is to become a member. Membership has numerous benefits, such as the use of the formal and casual dining areas, the Trump Spa and Salon, the pool, the Beach Club, the fitness center, and gorgeous state-of-the-art suites, just to name a few. But it will cost you a fortune: A $200,000 initiation fee to be exact, plus $15,000 in annual dues. Oh, and if you’d like to spend the night, you’ll have to pay an extra $2,000.

That article clearly stated about how expensive drinks are, and that the charges were so high the state Department didn't want to pay them. It also said that that Mar-a-Lago TURNED DOWN a request from the federal government to get bulk rate discounts. It also said that Trump worked to get the maximum rates that places could charge over-turned.

If you are going to complain about spending of tax money, at least fucking be consistent.

Yeah, tell me any other 5 star facility where you can get premium liquor for under $20 a drink, no hurry, I'll wait.

When a judge allowed the suit to go forward I predicted it wouldn't withstand an appeal and it didn't.

Federal appeals court hands Trump victory in 'emoluments' case involving DC hotel

You did not predict it would be dismissed on the grounds that the two States did not have standing to sue. You said he wasn't violating the emoluments clause, and that was not the ruling. And they will just do another appeal to the full court, now.

Actually if you do a bit of research I said they didn't have standing and if you read the decision the court said they didn't have sufficient grounds to sue in the first place and were misusing the courts.

BTW, it was one State and DC.

Yeah, tell me any other 5 star facility where you can get premium liquor for under $20 a drink, no hurry, I'll wait.

That doesn't mean that you should go in and take over a room and make your own drinks no matter the cost just because it is on a tax payer's dime. The State Department agrees with me... thus why they didn't pay the bill.

That doesn't mean that you should go in and take over a room and make your own drinks no matter the cost just because it is on a tax payer's dime. The State Department agrees with me... thus why they didn't pay the bill.

It came from the WH budget, stop with the tears already.

Actually if you do a bit of research I said they didn't have standing and if you read the decision the court said they didn't have sufficient grounds to sue in the first place and were misusing the courts.

BTW, it was one State and DC.

So what should be done about the corrupt emoluments?

Haha, just kidding. I know your answer.

So? Still tax payer's money. If you don't care about them spending $1,000 on alcoholic drinks for an hour long "meeting," then quit bitching about food stamps for people to feed their family...

So? Still tax payer's money. If you don't care about them spending $1,000 on alcoholic drinks for an hour long "meeting," then quit bitching about food stamps for people to feed their family...

Get back to me when you understand the difference between hundreds and billions.

Get back to me when you understand the difference between hundreds and billions.

We are talking about ONE HOUR, on ONE VISIT, in 2 and half years. Trump has spent more money on his trips than the entire EIGHT YEARS of Obama and Bush.

Maybe one of these days you'll be able to see through your partisanship to be honest. I doubt that however.

If they have no standing to sue, who would?
A good question,and we are probably going to find out. You see, the emuments clause has never been seriously tested in court, as we haven't ever really had such a corrupt, amoral, unethical, criminal conman like trump in the white house that pushed it so far.

We are talking about ONE HOUR, on ONE VISIT, in 2 and half years. Trump has spent more money on his trips than the entire EIGHT YEARS of Obama and Bush.

Maybe one of these days you'll be able to see through your partisanship to be honest. I doubt that however.

Really, how much did your dear leader and Bush spend on foreign state visits? Oh and how much of the costs were consumed by staff and cabinet members? Just because that visit didn't occur at the WH doesn't make it less of an official function. Oh and how much did your dear leader spend on his entertainment at the WH hosting singers, athletes and other celebs? It's you that blinded by partisanship, not me.

Really, how much did your dear leader and Bush spend on foreign state visits? Oh and how much of the costs were consumed by staff and cabinet members? Just because that visit didn't occur at the WH doesn't make it less of an official function. Oh and how much did your dear leader spend on his entertainment at the WH hosting singers, athletes and other celebs? It's you that blinded by partisanship, not me.

This thread isn't about foreign state visits. It's about government money spent at places Trump owns, and thus makes money from. How many of the foreign state visits under Obama and Bush were held at places they owned?

This thread isn't about foreign state visits. It's about government money spent at places Trump owns, and thus makes money from. How many of the foreign state visits under Obama and Bush were held at places they owned?

The link you provided was about a foreign state visit. So don't blame me for pursuing a topic you brought up. Now you're just acting jealous because Trump owns more than a ranch in west TX, even after I demonstrate Mar Lago loses money when Trump and his staff are there.

The link you provided was about a foreign state visit. So don't blame me for pursuing a topic you brought up. Now you're just acting jealous because Trump owns more than a ranch in west TX, even after I demonstrate Mar Lago loses money when Trump and his staff are there.

It was about a whole lot more than just a state visit by Xi. Thanks for proving you didn't actually read it.

The ruling from the unanimous three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is a victory for the president, who was accused by the attorneys general of D.C. and Maryland of unconstitutionally profiting from foreign governments

Yep, good ruling. He should be able to profit off his position as long as he is not breaking the law.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So, the Orange Virus is still profiting from taxpayers, yes? How is that not breaking the law? Sounds like a case of 2 separate justice systems: one for the rich, and that other one.

How does people staying at his hotel cost the tax payers money?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Secret Service, any cabinet member or employee works for the government, yes? If they stay at one of the Orange Virus' hotels, then it's taxpayer dollars being spent for their services, yes? Those dollars would seem to enrich the owner of the hotel, yes?

Good thing the magic Negro stayed at hotel 6

No?

View attachment 268593
A French owned motel chain BTW.

It was about a whole lot more than just a state visit by Xi. Thanks for proving you didn't actually read it.

Yeah, ok snowflake. LMAO

Forum List

Back