As if we didn't know...

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Here are several short video clips a friend pointed me to. Some thoughts I had as I watched each of them.

Trump and Ivana Trump Interview from 2014
  • Throws temper tantrums
  • No point in being reflective
  • Likes to get in fights
  • Seems indecorous in general
How Trump got his start -- remarks from his biographer
  • It was $40M, not $14M, his father gave him.
  • Doesn't consider his past and mistakes
  • Doesn't follow through on commitment
Trump supporters talking about what like about Trump
  • Some nice enough seeming "regular" folks for the most part -- Don't necessarily agree with their politics and political motivations, but most of them seem like nice enough individuals. A couple of folks were jerks.
  • One somewhat defensive "anti-media" (?) guy -- What was up with him? Who knows?
  • A woman who likes "everything" about Trump's policies, but who cannot name one of them -- Couldn't help but think she should probably spend more time reading and less time doing her hair.
Interview with Kellyanne Conway
  • She looks pretty "elite" to me
  • She's a pollster --> Should we believe her polls or not? Is she the only pollster who knows what they're doing?
  • She seems like a nice lady.
  • Why does she have the campaign manager title, but takes a backseat to men other than the campaign CEO and Trump himself? I'd be pissed about that were I in her position, notwithstanding the gender optics of it.

Some of it is stuff I knew, some is stuff I suspected, and some is news to me. None of it altered my thoughts about Donald Trump. What do you think of the content and individuals in the videos?

Cult of personalities like Trumps always rise from the ashes of failed states.

People need to read up on history. The answer to Emperor Nicholas II is not Vladimir Lenin.

I know people find the Hitler comparisons ridiculous (they shouldn't), but the situation of the Wiemar Republic during the rise of Hitler is very similar, both in the status of the republic and the populist cult of personality that revolved around Hitler.

I know people find the Hitler comparisons ridiculous (they shouldn't), but the situation of the Wiemar Republic during the rise of Hitler is very similar, both in the status of the republic and the populist cult of personality that revolved around Hitler.
really though it's ridiculous because it's never quite true. it's some emotional ploy, and it's stupid because united states won the ww2 against the hitler, that war is over and has been for quite a while now, so how is it that suddenly modern present day americans are at fault for whatever the hitler done?

really though it's ridiculous because it's never quite true. it's some emotional ploy, and it's stupid because united states won the ww2 against the hitler, that war is over and has been for quite a while now, so how is it that suddenly modern present day americans are at fault for whatever the hitler done?

That really has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

My point is that the German election of 1932 is very similar to our election today, and the populist cult of personality affiliated with Trump closely resembles to that of Hitler.

Trump can be alluded to a lot more authoritarian douche bags than just Hitler, but Hitler has the most name recognition.

Thank you very much for saying something that made perfect sense, didn't need any explanation, and was an "adult-grade" comment. Bless you!

Oh, fuck off!

Really? That's your response to a genuine compliment? Fine f*ck you too. I won't make the same mistake again. Consider my remark withdrawn and know you are now being ignored.

Why is it that only left wingers aren't allowed to make that comparison, not only do right wingers call Hillary clinton hitler so much theyve shortened it to the nickname "hitlery" they called obama hitler despite being black, and they call everyone and their dog a communist and liken them to stalin.

My point is that the German election of 1932 is very similar to our election today, and the populist cult of personality affiliated with Trump closely resembles to that of Hitler.

Trump can be alluded to a lot more authoritarian douche bags than just Hitler, but Hitler has the most name recognition.
no, not really. hitler == ''scary bad guy''. no one ever compares a politician to hitler unless they want everyone to think it's their turn to be the jews in the victimhood-industrial complex, aka, the progressive stack. it's absolute emotional appeal, only you're going the step further and trying to force some evidence to fit your theory.

Why is it that only left wingers aren't allowed to make that comparison, not only do right wingers call Hillary clinton hitler so much theyve shortened it to the nickname "hitlery" they called obama hitler despite being black, and they call everyone and their dog a communist and liken them to stalin.
because i'm a partisan asshole willing to turn a blind eye, and don't you forget it.

no, not really. hitler == ''scary bad guy''. no one ever compares a politician to hitler unless they want everyone to think it's their turn to be the jews in the victimhood-industrial complex, aka, the progressive stack. it's absolute emotional appeal, only you're going the step further and trying to force some evidence to fit your theory.
no bigger victim than a republican

Forum List

Back