As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Like most problems in this country, you can thank the liberals for this tragedys.

• They have pulled God out of our country, and created generations of lost individuals who worship false gods, money, fame, etc.

• They have demonized guns, creating an environment of unarmed victims. Had people been carrying guns like they should have, there would only be a couple of victims, if any.
Thanks liberals - hope you feel good about the degraded society you have created.

What kind of gun would Jesus shoot?

Does anybody believe that 1+ other people shooting at the perp and possibly each other would have improved things? Perp has ballistic protection and there are that many bullets in the air in a confusing and chaotic situation.

during a movie screening, with tear gas sweeping through the theatre, and many costumed "heroes" in the audience.

but that is not a problem, because gun carrying citizens are trained.

lol

our health care system is to blame

I have friends in the scientific community who claim the bagger's brain is different than ours, damaged/altered, dont recall the specific reasons why.

The primary differences to me seem to be the inability to exist without someone telling them what to think and do and their absolute fear of everything.

If we had better mental health care it might help, but in the end I think they are capable of being good and decent people, not bigots and racists, but it would take a tremendous amount of humility first.

Does anybody believe that 1+ other people shooting at the perp and possibly each other would have improved things?
lemme ask:
Would you agree that an armed off-duty police officer would likely have had a positive effect on the outcome of this situation?

If so, then why do you immediately write-off the possibility of a similar positive effect from an armed citizen?

Armed civilians don't work together, and are very likely to shoot each other in the commotion thinking there are more than one shooters. It's not a game with heads up display indicators. A security guard(s) are far more appropriate, tasked specifically for the job.
Psst.... security guards are armned civilians.

Two chest, one head.
Yeah, I'm sure if you were there you would have been the hero.
I'm sure you woud have cowered behind your date.

Does anybody believe that 1+ other people shooting at the perp and possibly each other would have improved things? Perp has ballistic protection and there are that many bullets in the air in a confusing and chaotic situation.

Yes, I believe one person could have taken out that shooter with one bullet....

Could have shot the gun out of his hand.....:eusa_whistle:

I didn't realize you were a person incapable of thinking for yourself. I'd correct you, but somehow, I doubt that you'd be open to some reality.

Shame & Hysteria: Americans Lynch Colorado Dark Knight Shooter

Look how emotions and hysteria took over the American group psyche early this morning. America was shocked! Shocked. A society as violent as ours was ready to lynch whoever it was that was accused. The facts be damned!

First reports: Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant.
Imagine if this Iranian immigrant had fallen into the hands of an American crowd? Would we have behaved any better than mobs that strung up Americans in Iraq and other places?

Have we lynch the latest accused? Sure we have. Sure we have. All the facts are not in yet and if this young man was let loose amongst us...he would stand a chance of making it passed "Stop, I'm innoce..." No panel, no prosecutor, no court has heard all the supposed evidence yet. The shooter was masked and in dark clothes in a darkened movie theater. Yet we would slaughter this accused man in anger.

Then there is the delusional and self-serving hand wringing.

Shooting at Colo. theater shocks movie industry

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

The shooting, which killed 12 and left at least 50 injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, reverberated through Hollywood and upended carefully laid plans for the global release of "The Dark Knight Rises." Warner Bros. quickly canceled a premiere planned for Paris and canceled press interviews in France.

Warner Bros. did move to pull trailers for its upcoming movie "Gangster Squad" from showings of "The Dark Knight Rises." The trailer of the film, which stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in a ruthless war between '40s Los Angeles police and the mob, includes a scene of mobsters firing into a movie theater from behind the screen. It wasn't immediately clear if the trailer played before the Aurora theater audience.

Give me a break (Stossell where are you when we need you?)

What about the US Constitution and all our supposed sacred principles about rights?

We are all acting like some stupid mob.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we must emote!

Look at how feelings move a mob ... we didn't even have all the facts before we all started emoting like stuck pigs at a slaughter. If some innocent person who was blamed had set foot in front of us all, we would have murdered him or her in righteous anger. We would have and we wouldn't have batted an eyelash doing it. Admit it. If we deny we would have moved as a mob and killed somebody before all the facts are in, we need to go back and watch the thread(s) on the Colorado Movie Shooting unfold.

no wonder political operatives, media, and corporate interests can manipulate us into hysteria over trivial points and issues during elections and debates. We Americans, as a group, are no better than our ape-like ancestors except in one things -- for all our societal progress and scientific discoveries, in the great scope of humanoid development, we humans, we Americans, are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

---

That's Dante's take on IT and he'll stick by it, mob or no mob.

ps, Dante loved watching the USMB mob jump like puppets on a string in his thread and posts earlier. You people just don't get IT.

---

Care to intelligently and rationally discuss the American psyche in times of anxieties and distress? Care to reasonably take a look at how we Americans act when emotional buttons are pushed through random events or even through purposeful manipulation?

If not, move along.

:cool:
dD

:eusa_whistle:

I said this back with the Gifford tragedy, people seem to want to blame and blame anyone for the problem.

My first reaction was how sad and tragic it is and how the parents who have lost a child must feel, this is a very sad day.

my god the gun nutz are complete morons

i didnt think it was possible to be dumber than they are on race and economics, but they are

Sadly I have to say that while we have no constitutional right to own guns unless we are part of a militia, baggers make me glad i can own one
I didn't realize you were a person incapable of thinking for yourself. I'd correct you, but somehow, I doubt that you'd be open to some reality.

Look how emotions and hysteria took over the American group psyche early this morning. America was shocked! Shocked. A society as violent as ours was ready to lynch whoever it was that was accused. The facts be damned!

Imagine if this Iranian immigrant had fallen into the hands of an American crowd? Would we have behaved any better than mobs that strung up Americans in Iraq and other places?

Have we lynch the latest accused? Sure we have. Sure we have. All the facts are not in yet and if this young man was let loose amongst us...he would stand a chance of making it passed "Stop, I'm innoce..." No panel, no prosecutor, no court has heard all the supposed evidence yet. The shooter was masked and in dark clothes in a darkened movie theater. Yet we would slaughter this accused man in anger.

Shooting at Colo. theater shocks movie industry

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

The shooting, which killed 12 and left at least 50 injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, reverberated through Hollywood and upended carefully laid plans for the global release of "The Dark Knight Rises." Warner Bros. quickly canceled a premiere planned for Paris and canceled press interviews in France.

Warner Bros. did move to pull trailers for its upcoming movie "Gangster Squad" from showings of "The Dark Knight Rises." The trailer of the film, which stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in a ruthless war between '40s Los Angeles police and the mob, includes a scene of mobsters firing into a movie theater from behind the screen. It wasn't immediately clear if the trailer played before the Aurora theater audience.

What about the US Constitution and all our supposed sacred principles about rights?

Look at how feelings move a mob ... we didn't even have all the facts before we all started emoting like stuck pigs at a slaughter. If some innocent person who was blamed had set foot in front of us all, we would have murdered him or her in righteous anger. We would have and we wouldn't have batted an eyelash doing it. Admit it. If we deny we would have moved as a mob and killed somebody before all the facts are in, we need to go back and watch the thread(s) on the Colorado Movie Shooting unfold.

no wonder political operatives, media, and corporate interests can manipulate us into hysteria over trivial points and issues during elections and debates. We Americans, as a group, are no better than our ape-like ancestors except in one things -- for all our societal progress and scientific discoveries, in the great scope of humanoid development, we humans, we Americans, are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

---

ps, Dante loved watching the USMB mob jump like puppets on a string in his thread and posts earlier. You people just don't get IT.

---

Care to intelligently and rationally discuss the American psyche in times of anxieties and distress? Care to reasonably take a look at how we Americans act when emotional buttons are pushed through random events or even through purposeful manipulation?

If not, move along.

dD

note: can follow the moved thread from this post..................

Like most problems in this country, you can thank the liberals for this tragedys.

• They have pulled God out of our country, and created generations of lost individuals who worship false gods, money, fame, etc.

• They have demonized guns, creating an environment of unarmed victims. Had people been carrying guns like they should have, there would only be a couple of victims, if any.
Thanks liberals - hope you feel good about the degraded society you have created.

Yes, religious people never kill others.

CaféAuLait;5657943 said:

---

---

If not, move along.

dD

Kinda like what happened to George Zimmerman, the white hispanic, eh? Many are ready to string him up without all the facts. Movie stars like Spike Jones giving out the address of INNOCENT people so they can be harassed and their life threatened.

where do you think Dante stood on that one from day one? Do you think Dante started a thread similar to this one a bit after the Zimmerman threads started?

yeah, some of us have principles and it isn't the ones who crow most about principle.
dD

note: posts in between this one and last post seem to be missing. ask admin about it

that is for god damn sure, right :lol:

reminds me of those good ole xtian boys in wyoming stringing up and leaving for dead that young Gay boy...Matt Shepherd, not sure of the spelling

these rightwingers, what scum

This is where I get pissed and start calling you a god damn fucking idiot. Idiot those weapons you mentioned are not god damn firearms.

OK, if you want to be specific, a firearm is a weapon that launches one or more projectiles at high velocity through confined burning of a propellant. So, a 16" 50 cal Naval bag gun is a firearm. A 155mm howitzer is a firearm. A M1 Abrams tank is both a vehicle and a firearm. A M60 machinegun is a firearm. A mortar is a firearm. A grenade launcher is a firearm. Are each of these things OK for Joe Blow to own and use?

And you didn't answer the question. If ordinary citizens are not allowed the use of "equal military weapons" up to and including WMD's, how could they hope to overthrow an oppressive government that does have these weapons?

fire·arm   [fahyuhr-ahrm] Show IPA
noun
a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.

OK, so you think ordinary citizens should be able to have the same small arms that soldiers and marines carry? You draw the line at machine guns? Is a Bofors 40mm AA gun OK? Any Joe Blow should be able to go to the corner gun shop and walk out with an M60? You should be able to go to the movies with an UZI? I guess I should be happy that at least you don't think you have the right to WMD's.

lemme ask:
Would you agree that an armed off-duty police officer would likely have had a positive effect on the outcome of this situation?

If so, then why do you immediately write-off the possibility of a similar positive effect from an armed citizen?

Armed civilians don't work together, and are very likely to shoot each other in the commotion thinking there are more than one shooters. It's not a game with heads up display indicators. A security guard(s) are far more appropriate, tasked specifically for the job.
Psst.... security guards are armned civilians.

Two chest, one head.
Yeah, I'm sure if you were there you would have been the hero.
I'm sure you woud have cowered behind your date.

Wow. You don't honestly think I was implying security guards are not civilians, do you? Retard.

What a load of crap....

He has a point...they could have deflected the bullets with their bibles and hit him over the head with their crosses.

[...]

If ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have B52 bombers, cruise missiles, M1 tanks, bunker buster bombs, etc, then how would they be able to overthrow the oppressive government when the government DOES have these weapons?
By guerilla actions over a long and costly time.

A single-shot .22 rifle, if carefully deployed, can yield an M-16. That M-16 if carefully deployed can yield several more M-16s, along with ammunition and some grenades. And so on.

The purpose of guerilla ambushes is to obtain weapons. The success of the Mexican Revolution is one very prominent example of the effectiveness of the strategy. From machetes to machine guns and light cannon. From patrols to trains. From trains to forts. From forts to the Palace.

Time and determination are primary. Weapons are secondary but available.

It the government was truly oppressive, it wouldn't hesitate to use its vast arsenals against any uprising. I doubt the militia types would stand much of a chance against the gov't forces even if they had fully auto small arms. Your determined guerilla isn't going to stand much of a chance when a smart bomb gets dropped on his ass.

He has a point...they could have deflected the bullets with their bibles and hit him over the head with their crosses.

The kid was a devout Christian

Thanks Rottweiler

The shooters father was named Mohammad Alam, a Turk.

OMG - Muslims at it again.

You lot must be really sad to need a Muslim link in everything you see.

See a shrink; sounds like you need it.

By the way - do you own a gun or several?
Only ask because it looks like yet another nut job with legally owned guns did this one and, should you be a gun owner, perhaps you'd better get rid of them in short order.

Forum List

Back