As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Sadly I have to say that while we have no constitutional right to own guns unless we are part of a militia...
^^^
Speaking of morons.

child please

You will literally need years of education and maturity before you can speak to me at any level

years

thank god the rest of the planet doesnt think like you, but then most humans over the age of 21 are adults

my god the gun nutz are complete morons

i didnt think it was possible to be dumber than they are on race and economics, but they are

Sadly I have to say that while we have no constitutional right to own guns unless we are part of a militia, baggers make me glad i can own one

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

When asked what the Militia was, George Mason, one of the Framers of the U.S. Constitution, said, "Who are the Militia? They consist now of the whole people, except for a few public officers." Yet we also see statutes like 10 USC 311, which defines it as "all able- bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 13 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States." Some state statutes define it as "able-bodied males" of different age ranges, such as 16 through 59.
History of the U.S. Militia

Security is a good idea. Civilians injecting themselves is not.
Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your safety.

While you may recognise your inability/unwillingness to effectively protect yourself and thus choose to let others take care of you in this regard, do not presume to impose your intellectual/emotional/physical shortcomings on those who chosse to do otherwise.
stupidest and most anti society comment in history, maybe
Truth hurts, eh?

Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your safety.

While you may recognise your inability/unwillingness to effectively protect yourself and thus choose to let others take care of you in this regard, do not presume to impose your intellectual/emotional/physical shortcomings on those who chosse to do otherwise.
stupidest and most anti society comment in history, maybe
Truth hurts, eh?

truth, your truth is that we have no laws and no society

who is the one with a problem with the truth?

who are you going to shoot this week?

Does anybody believe that 1+ other people shooting at the perp and possibly each other would have improved things?
lemme ask:
Would you agree that an armed off-duty police officer would likely have had a positive effect on the outcome of this situation?

If so, then why do you immediately write-off the possibility of a similar positive effect from an armed citizen?

Armed civilians don't work together, and are very likely to shoot each other in the commotion thinking there are more than one shooters. It's not a game with heads up display indicators. A security guard(s) are far more appropriate, tasked specifically for the job.

Two chest, one head.

Yeah, I'm sure if you were there you would have been the hero.

^^^
Speaking of morons.

child please

You will literally need years of education and maturity before you can speak to me at any level

years

thank god the rest of the planet doesnt think like you, but then most humans over the age of 21 are adults

You are a fucking idiot

patience, i am educating some dumb ass bigot moron racist bagger, I will get to your education as soon as i can, sit down and shut up and be patient

[...]

If ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have B52 bombers, cruise missiles, M1 tanks, bunker buster bombs, etc, then how would they be able to overthrow the oppressive government when the government DOES have these weapons?
By guerilla actions over a long and costly time.

A single-shot .22 rifle, if carefully deployed, can yield an M-16. That M-16 if carefully deployed can yield several more M-16s, along with ammunition and some grenades. And so on.

The purpose of guerilla ambushes is to obtain weapons. The success of the Mexican Revolution is one very prominent example of the effectiveness of the strategy. From machetes to machine guns and light cannon. From patrols to trains. From trains to forts. From forts to the Palace.

Time and determination are primary. Weapons are secondary but available.

I keep saying.......we are going to hell in a hand basket.......shit keeps getting worse.
People have absolutely lost their mind :-/

child please

years

You are a fucking idiot

patience, i am educating some dumb ass bigot moron racist bagger, I will get to your education as soon as i can, sit down and shut up and be patient

You better beef up on your educational skills short bus.

i didnt think it was possible to be dumber than they are on race and economics, but they are

Sadly I have to say that while we have no constitutional right to own guns unless we are part of a militia, baggers make me glad i can own one
I didn't realize you were a person incapable of thinking for yourself. I'd correct you, but somehow, I doubt that you'd be open to some reality.

I didn't realize you were a person incapable of thinking for yourself. I'd correct you, but somehow, I doubt that you'd be open to some reality.

tommy smothers would puke in your face if he knew you were quoting him

Shame & Hysteria: Americans Lynch Colorado Dark Knight Shooter

Look how emotions and hysteria took over the American group psyche early this morning. America was shocked! Shocked. A society as violent as ours was ready to lynch whoever it was that was accused. The facts be damned!

First reports: Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant.
Imagine if this Iranian immigrant had fallen into the hands of an American crowd? Would we have behaved any better than mobs that strung up Americans in Iraq and other places?

Have we lynch the latest accused? Sure we have. Sure we have. All the facts are not in yet and if this young man was let loose amongst us...he would stand a chance of making it passed "Stop, I'm innoce..." No panel, no prosecutor, no court has heard all the supposed evidence yet. The shooter was masked and in dark clothes in a darkened movie theater. Yet we would slaughter this accused man in anger.

Then there is the delusional and self-serving hand wringing.

Shooting at Colo. theater shocks movie industry

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

The shooting, which killed 12 and left at least 50 injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, reverberated through Hollywood and upended carefully laid plans for the global release of "The Dark Knight Rises." Warner Bros. quickly canceled a premiere planned for Paris and canceled press interviews in France.

Warner Bros. did move to pull trailers for its upcoming movie "Gangster Squad" from showings of "The Dark Knight Rises." The trailer of the film, which stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in a ruthless war between '40s Los Angeles police and the mob, includes a scene of mobsters firing into a movie theater from behind the screen. It wasn't immediately clear if the trailer played before the Aurora theater audience.

Give me a break (Stossell where are you when we need you?)

What about the US Constitution and all our supposed sacred principles about rights?

We are all acting like some stupid mob.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we must emote!

Look at how feelings move a mob ... we didn't even have all the facts before we all started emoting like stuck pigs at a slaughter. If some innocent person who was blamed had set foot in front of us all, we would have murdered him or her in righteous anger. We would have and we wouldn't have batted an eyelash doing it. Admit it. If we deny we would have moved as a mob and killed somebody before all the facts are in, we need to go back and watch the thread(s) on the Colorado Movie Shooting unfold.

no wonder political operatives, media, and corporate interests can manipulate us into hysteria over trivial points and issues during elections and debates. We Americans, as a group, are no better than our ape-like ancestors except in one things -- for all our societal progress and scientific discoveries, in the great scope of humanoid development, we humans, we Americans, are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

---

That's Dante's take on IT and he'll stick by it, mob or no mob.

ps, Dante loved watching the USMB mob jump like puppets on a string in his thread and posts earlier. You people just don't get IT.

---

Care to intelligently and rationally discuss the American psyche in times of anxieties and distress? Care to reasonably take a look at how we Americans act when emotional buttons are pushed through random events or even through purposeful manipulation?

If not, move along.

:cool:
dD

:eusa_whistle:

tommy smothers would puke in your face if he knew you were quoting him
He would just point at you and laugh.

The problem with banning guns, and acting like a mature and civilized society, is really disgusting slime like baggers will go out of their way to get them so they can shoot and kill the people they are jealous of, liberals.

Most of them, most people in general, wont do that, but a few will...for that reason, i am keeping mine

Then why isn't it happening daily? The answer, because you lie and nothing but a partisan wing nut.

child please

years

Most of the people here already got past third grade, which seems to be about two grades above your level.

Forum List

Back