As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Welp!

ABC is apologizing that they tried to link the shooter to the Tea-Party.
Only because they were caught,.

Damn right!

I watched it this morning at 8:00 a.m. George Stephanopolis stated claiming there was a link to the Tea Party.

"Oh Bullshit!" I yelled right at the TV. I knew it was crap. They tried the same thing with Jared Loughner and he turned out to be a big time leftist!

Damn libs! They keep trying to claim the Tea Party is racist and violent, while they turn a blind eye to the Occupy movement rapes, and other crimes.

It just really burns me up!

They are merely following orders, to turn public opinion against law abiding gun owners and protectors of the 2nd Amendment.

while i am here talking this way and I may be one of the few, here, I can assure you, there are tens of millions of us out there

Wow, are there that many voices shouting for attention in your little pea brain? The doctors at the institute must be fascinated by your case.

This is true, and I do acknowledge this fact. But - having to hear on the news about yet another mass shooting in the US makes me wonder about how easy it is to get a gun. And I really do believe that banning guns would eventually show a reduction in the number of mass shootings, the problem is, no one seems interested enough to even give it a go.

Yes, compared to some 'proggressive' nations, it is considerably easier to get your hands on a gun in the States. However, more people in Australia and the UK dies from stab wounds as opposed to firearms. So, on account of that, should we ban knives altogther?

First of all, knives have already been banned in Australia - which I strongly disagree with. There are only about two States you can carry a knife - Queensland is one, not sure about the other.
Second, you can't go on a mass knifing spree. You have to be close to your victim in order to stab them - with a gun, you can stand fifty feet away and kill them.

Its not the same thing. Both can cause damage, but one can cause more damage in a shorter period of time.

( emphasis added)

Eight Killed In China Stabbing Rampage

Eight Killed In China Stabbing Rampage

China: 10 Dead In Blast And Stabbing Rampage

China: 10 Dead In Blast And Stabbing Rampage

Qld: Stabbing rampage leaves two dead

kew9: Qld: Stabbing rampage leaves two dead

Attacker Stabs 28 Chinese Children

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/world/asia/30china.html

Shame & Hysteria: Americans Lynch Colorado Dark Knight Shooter

Look how emotions and hysteria took over the American group psyche early this morning. America was shocked! Shocked. A society as violent as ours was ready to lynch whoever it was that was accused. The facts be damned!

First reports: Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant.
Imagine if this Iranian immigrant had fallen into the hands of an American crowd? Would we have behaved any better than mobs that strung up Americans in Iraq and other places?

Have we lynch the latest accused? Sure we have. Sure we have. All the facts are not in yet and if this young man was let loose amongst us...he would stand a chance of making it passed "Stop, I'm innoce..." No panel, no prosecutor, no court has heard all the supposed evidence yet. The shooter was masked and in dark clothes in a darkened movie theater. Yet we would slaughter this accused man in anger.

Then there is the delusional and self-serving hand wringing.

Shooting at Colo. theater shocks movie industry

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

The shooting, which killed 12 and left at least 50 injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, reverberated through Hollywood and upended carefully laid plans for the global release of "The Dark Knight Rises." Warner Bros. quickly canceled a premiere planned for Paris and canceled press interviews in France.

Warner Bros. did move to pull trailers for its upcoming movie "Gangster Squad" from showings of "The Dark Knight Rises." The trailer of the film, which stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in a ruthless war between '40s Los Angeles police and the mob, includes a scene of mobsters firing into a movie theater from behind the screen. It wasn't immediately clear if the trailer played before the Aurora theater audience.

Give me a break (Stossell where are you when we need you?)

What about the US Constitution and all our supposed sacred principles about rights?

We are all acting like some stupid mob.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we must emote!

Look at how feelings move a mob ... we didn't even have all the facts before we all started emoting like stuck pigs at a slaughter. If some innocent person who was blamed had set foot in front of us all, we would have murdered him or her in righteous anger. We would have and we wouldn't have batted an eyelash doing it. Admit it. If we deny we would have moved as a mob and killed somebody before all the facts are in, we need to go back and watch the thread(s) on the Colorado Movie Shooting unfold.

no wonder political operatives, media, and corporate interests can manipulate us into hysteria over trivial points and issues during elections and debates. We Americans, as a group, are no better than our ape-like ancestors except in one things -- for all our societal progress and scientific discoveries, in the great scope of humanoid development, we humans, we Americans, are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

---

That's Dante's take on IT and he'll stick by it, mob or no mob.

ps, Dante loved watching the USMB mob jump like puppets on a string in his thread and posts earlier. You people just don't get IT.

---

Care to intelligently and rationally discuss the American psyche in times of anxieties and distress? Care to reasonably take a look at how we Americans act when emotional buttons are pushed through random events or even through purposeful manipulation?

If not, move along.

:cool:
dD

Last edited:
Only because they were caught,.

Damn right!

I watched it this morning at 8:00 a.m. George Stephanopolis stated claiming there was a link to the Tea Party.

"Oh Bullshit!" I yelled right at the TV. I knew it was crap. They tried the same thing with Jared Loughner and he turned out to be a big time leftist!

Damn libs! They keep trying to claim the Tea Party is racist and violent, while they turn a blind eye to the Occupy movement rapes, and other crimes.

It just really burns me up!

They are merely following orders, to turn public opinion against law abiding gun owners and protectors of the 2nd Amendment.

And all they accomplished it outing their laughable bias, AGAIN!

What part of tank, RPG anti-aircraft guns 16" 50 cal Naval bag guns with nuclear shells or Sarin gas warheads are not firearms and are not protected weapons under the second amendment do you not comprehend?

They are all military firearms. Maybe it would be easier if YOU clarify exactly what kind of "equal military firearms" are acceptable and what is not. Do you think the average (or below average) citizen should be able to go around toting a M60 machinegun to Safeway to go shopping?

If ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have B52 bombers, cruise missiles, M1 tanks, bunker buster bombs, etc, then how would they be able to overthrow the oppressive government when the government DOES have these weapons?
They are all military firearms. Maybe it would be easier if YOU clarify exactly what kind of "equal military firearms" are acceptable and what is not.
This is where I get pissed and start calling you a god damn fucking idiot. Idiot those weapons you mentioned are not god damn firearms.

OK, if you want to be specific, a firearm is a weapon that launches one or more projectiles at high velocity through confined burning of a propellant. So, a 16" 50 cal Naval bag gun is a firearm. A 155mm howitzer is a firearm. A M1 Abrams tank is both a vehicle and a firearm. A M60 machinegun is a firearm. A mortar is a firearm. A grenade launcher is a firearm. Are each of these things OK for Joe Blow to own and use?

And you didn't answer the question. If ordinary citizens are not allowed the use of "equal military weapons" up to and including WMD's, how could they hope to overthrow an oppressive government that does have these weapons?

They are all military firearms. Maybe it would be easier if YOU clarify exactly what kind of "equal military firearms" are acceptable and what is not. Do you think the average (or below average) citizen should be able to go around toting a M60 machinegun to Safeway to go shopping?

If ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have B52 bombers, cruise missiles, M1 tanks, bunker buster bombs, etc, then how would they be able to overthrow the oppressive government when the government DOES have these weapons?
They are all military firearms. Maybe it would be easier if YOU clarify exactly what kind of "equal military firearms" are acceptable and what is not.
This is where I get pissed and start calling you a god damn fucking idiot. Idiot those weapons you mentioned are not god damn firearms.
OK, if you want to be specific, a firearm is a weapon that launches one or more projectiles at high velocity through confined burning of a propellant.
You need to cite Wikipedia, since you copied this from there.

So, a 16" 50 cal Naval bag gun is a firearm. A 155mm howitzer is a firearm. A M1 Abrams tank is both a vehicle and a firearm.
If you actually believe this, then it is impossible to for you to have an honest and intellligent discussion of this issue.

Last edited:
Nothing like firearms or explosives to kill a lot of people when you want to.

:(

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

OK, if you want to be specific, a firearm is a weapon that launches one or more projectiles at high velocity through confined burning of a propellant. So, a 16" 50 cal Naval bag gun is a firearm. A 155mm howitzer is a firearm. A M1 Abrams tank is both a vehicle and a firearm. A M60 machinegun is a firearm. A mortar is a firearm. A grenade launcher is a firearm. Are each of these things OK for Joe Blow to own and use?

And you didn't answer the question. If ordinary citizens are not allowed the use of "equal military weapons" up to and including WMD's, how could they hope to overthrow an oppressive government that does have these weapons?

fire·arm   [fahyuhr-ahrm] Show IPA
noun
a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.

Look how terrible we are. As soon as some of the hysteria passes.
See how it works?

Dante_Exhibit:_B said:
tjvh_Today_11:35:AM said:
How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

How dare you!

Like the perpetually appalled Newt, I am appalled. I'm outraged and appalled you'd have the nerve to attempt a political scoring point so early into a collective tragedy.

:eusa_whistle:

Shame & Hysteria: Americans Lynch Colorado Dark Knight Shooter
Dante_Exhibit:_B said:
Katzndogz_Today_12:51_PM said:
Are you talking about Jim Holmes the teabagger that ABC identified as the shooter?

Exhibit: B

In more than one way, you are making Dante's job here easier. :redface:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...colorado-dark-knight-shooter.html#post5657781

It is a horrible shame that a muslim might be incorrectly identified as a killer.

It is an understandable mistake that an innocent man who is also a republican is incorrectly identified as a killer.

The second amendment protects on the firearms that can be used for military purpose. B52 and tactical nukes are not firearms

But you don't have a problem with just anyone having "equal military weapons"? Joe Blow with a 60 IQ should be able to have a tank, RPG, full auto machineguns, anti-aircraft guns, 16" 50 cal Naval bag guns with nuclear shells or Sarin gas warheads? Where do you draw the line? Or is there a line?
"Arms" as the term is used in the 2nd, has a specific definition.
All of the weapons you list, save for machineguns, fall outside that definition; all firearms fall under that definition.
[cricket]
chirp... chirp... chirp
[/cricket]

"Legarreta was at the movies with her fiance and their two young children that night when she was shot."

Maybe if she'd had the brains to get married before she had kids, she would have also had the brains to keep the kids at home at midnight....

"Her infant son was on the floor but wasn't hit. "

and who takes an infant to the movies anyway?? Today's theaters aren't like they were in the 50's, there are no "crying rooms" you take an infant, you are going to end up making the experience worse for so many people......

I do not justify this shooting in anyway, but I do think that parents should actually BE parents....not just kids with kids....

I gotta agree dante. In spite of it being common knowledge that early news reports are always erroneous to some extent, several people were all over this.
I actually saw truthmatters say something that was true in one of her posts though, that we don't do well with mental illness.
Instead of blaming the left or the right or the tea party, the fault obviosly lies with mental illness.
News reports are coming out now saying this nut told police he was the joker, and had dyed his hair red.

Now forgive my bluntness, but that sounds like a mentally ill person, and not one standing for a political belief, or a racial belief, or a religous belief.

just a plain old everyday nutter.....well, hopefully not everyday, but you get my drift there i hope.

Forum List

Back