As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

382473_395227093871510_2138151158_n.jpg

We can't deal with mental illness because we are sociologically programmed not to make those kinds of judgments.

Is someone mentally ill or just different, or exercising their own freedom to take whatever kinds of drugs they want.

Sir Dante did what he usually does in cases like this -- he set out a Bigglesworth bit of bait.

Dante_Today_06:14 AM said:
Breaking News: Dark Knight Movie Shooter White Male?

I blame President Obama, Democrats, and Black Americans. Why else would a really nice white guy do something like enter a Movie House and shoot innocent people?

Follow the thread. Watch how mindless mobster on the left, the right, and the middle, along with the perennially clueless attack an obviously non serious thread. People projected their own world views and attacked Dante..all while not backing off and looking to evaluate the seriousness and reasonableness of such a thread.

We have only ourselves to blame. We are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

Yes, let us only control the guns of shooting spree perpetrators............

I gotta agree dante. In spite of it being common knowledge that early news reports are always erroneous to some extent, several people were all over this.
I actually saw truthmatters say something that was true in one of her posts though, that we don't do well with mental illness.
Instead of blaming the left or the right or the tea party, the fault obviosly lies with mental illness.
News reports are coming out now saying this nut told police he was the joker, and had dyed his hair red.

Now forgive my bluntness, but that sounds like a mentally ill person, and not one standing for a political belief, or a racial belief, or a religous belief.

just a plain old everyday nutter.....well, hopefully not everyday, but you get my drift there i hope.

Truthie obviously projects her many psychological issues onto every thread on USMB.

But, the accused shooter is of the age when young men exhibit the beginnings of schizophrenia. He also shows the signs of a misanthropic troglodyte -- like many here @ USMB who rant and rave about Democrats, Republicans, Conservatism, Liberalism, Judges, Personal Sovereignty, Jews, Blacks, Arabs, Muslims, Gays, Religious Extremists...

Shame & Hysteria: Americans Lynch Colorado Dark Knight Shooter

Look how emotions and hysteria took over the American group psyche early this morning. America was shocked! Shocked. A society as violent as ours was ready to lynch whoever it was that was accused. The facts be damned!

First reports: Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant.
Imagine if this Iranian immigrant had fallen into the hands of an American crowd? Would we have behaved any better than mobs that strung up Americans in Iraq and other places?

Have we lynch the latest accused? Sure we have. Sure we have. All the facts are not in yet and if this young man was let loose amongst us...he would stand a chance of making it passed "Stop, I'm innoce..." No panel, no prosecutor, no court has heard all the supposed evidence yet. The shooter was masked and in dark clothes in a darkened movie theater. Yet we would slaughter this accused man in anger.

Then there is the delusional and self-serving hand wringing.

Shooting at Colo. theater shocks movie industry

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

The shooting, which killed 12 and left at least 50 injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, reverberated through Hollywood and upended carefully laid plans for the global release of "The Dark Knight Rises." Warner Bros. quickly canceled a premiere planned for Paris and canceled press interviews in France.

Warner Bros. did move to pull trailers for its upcoming movie "Gangster Squad" from showings of "The Dark Knight Rises." The trailer of the film, which stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in a ruthless war between '40s Los Angeles police and the mob, includes a scene of mobsters firing into a movie theater from behind the screen. It wasn't immediately clear if the trailer played before the Aurora theater audience.

Give me a break (Stossell where are you when we need you?)

What about the US Constitution and all our supposed sacred principles about rights?

We are all acting like some stupid mob.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we must emote!

Look at how feelings move a mob ... we didn't even have all the facts before we all started emoting like stuck pigs at a slaughter. If some innocent person who was blamed had set foot in front of us all, we would have murdered him or her in righteous anger. We would have and we wouldn't have batted an eyelash doing it. Admit it. If we deny we would have moved as a mob and killed somebody before all the facts are in, we need to go back and watch the thread(s) on the Colorado Movie Shooting unfold.

no wonder political operatives, media, and corporate interests can manipulate us into hysteria over trivial points and issues during elections and debates. We Americans, as a group, are no better than our ape-like ancestors except in one things -- for all our societal progress and scientific discoveries, in the great scope of humanoid development, we humans, we Americans, are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

---

That's Dante's take on IT and he'll stick by it, mob or no mob.

ps, Dante loved watching the USMB mob jump like puppets on a string in his thread and posts earlier. You people just don't get IT.

---

Care to intelligently and rationally discuss the American psyche in times of anxieties and distress? Care to reasonably take a look at how we Americans act when emotional buttons are pushed through random events or even through purposeful manipulation?

If not, move along.

:cool:
dD

Kinda like what happened to George Zimmerman, the white hispanic, eh? Many are ready to string him up without all the facts. Movie stars like Spike Jones giving out the address of INNOCENT people so they can be harassed and their life threatened.

Does anybody believe that 1+ other people shooting at the perp and possibly each other would have improved things? Perp has ballistic protection and there are that many bullets in the air in a confusing and chaotic situation.

Or better yet make places that have large crowds like movie theaters actually employ some kind of fucking security to protect the people.

Its not like at $10-$20 a ticket and 6$ drinks they can't afford it.

I wonder why Australians didn't riot? Maybe we are more civilised and accepting of the laws?

It's a difference in culture. The right to bear arms is important in America because we have a long history of oppression each time it is removed. Americans are very sensitized to our right to defend ourselves.

Australians obviously have different culture, which isn't as opposed to oppression and dedicated to self-defense. To put it in context, consider if the Australian government outlawed sex with sheep. THEN you would riot, you know you would!

When has our right to keep and bear arms ever been removed in America? How can we have a long history of oppression each time it is removed when it has never been removed?

The USA and Australia have very similar roots as English colonies. They have a parliamentary democracy that is neither oppressive or pacifistic. I don't know where you get the notion that Australians are cowardly, sheep fucking, pacifists who roll over at the slightest threat.

Simply because they don't agree with him 100%.

Or better yet make places that have large crowds like movie theaters actually employ some kind of fucking security to protect the people.

Security is a good idea. Civilians injecting themselves is not.

Does anybody believe that 1+ other people shooting at the perp and possibly each other would have improved things?
lemme ask:
Would you agree that an armed off-duty police officer would likely have had a positive effect on the outcome of this situation?

If so, then why do you immediately write-off the possibility of a similar positive effect from an armed citizen?

Perp has ballistic protection..
Two chest, one head.

my god the gun nutz are complete morons

i didnt think it was possible to be dumber than they are on race and economics, but they are

Sadly I have to say that while we have no constitutional right to own guns unless we are part of a militia, baggers make me glad i can own one

Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your safety.

While you may recognise your inability/unwillingness to effectively protect yourself and thus choose to let others take care of you in this regard, do not presume to impose your intellectual/emotional/physical shortcomings on those who chosse to do otherwise.

May I remind you that this happens every day to villages on the Afghan/Pakistan border Boom and there goes another family blown away by some guy flying a drone from a base inside USA, who then goes home to his family, and maybe even takes them to see the latest Batman movie

Last edited:
This guy wanted to commit murder and he did, it didn't matter that he used a gun or different guns to do it.

Would there be calls of alchohol bans if he walked into the theater with Molitov Cocktails made from Baquardi Dark?

Would there be calls of banning knives if he stabbed a bunch of people?

Would there be calls of banning cars if he waited until the movie was over and started to run over people?

I know there are a lot of people out there who will use this tragedy to further their own agenda and it's disgusting. People are dead and many more injured because some S.O.B. wanted to cause as much harm, hurt, mayhem, damage, ect. as he could. It's not because of his politics or because of the guns he used.

I'm against the death penalty, but I think I could make an exception for this guy.

Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your safety.

While you may recognise your inability/unwillingness to effectively protect yourself and thus choose to let others take care of you in this regard, do not presume to impose your intellectual/emotional/physical shortcomings on those who chosse to do otherwise.

stupidest and most anti society comment in history, maybe

Forum List

Back