As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

ONE MORE TIME Well regulated does not mean today what it meant when the second amendment was first written. It had nothing to do with government regulating it.
Well Regulate meant in the 18th century to be as expected in working order.
Joker Holmes slaughtering people in Colorado, is not a sign of a well regulated militia "in working order".

All the other incidents of crime and murder committed by people with legally held weapons is not a sign of a well regulated militia "in working order".

"The militia", such as it is, is not being well regulated by the current slack gun laws. "The militia", such as it is, is not "in working order".

On the contrary, "the militia" is not in good working order. Guns in the hands of citizens need better laws, laws which are enforceable.

So "the militia", such as it is, needs better regulating by better laws and it needs to be put into better "working order" so as to keep the people safe.

If you think things are working well buddy then tell that to the families and loved ones of the victims of the Colorado Batman premiere shooting because they won't agree.

And one more thing, why would the founders put control of the militia in the hands of the government if the second amendment was supposed to prevent tyranny of the government?
The US Constitution is all about government of the people, by the people, for the people, right?

So ideally, "the government" would be "the people". The danger, what other countries have, is government by the state, by the monarch, by the elite, and the people can go to hell. That's what the constitution is designed to defend against.

The constitution and the law is something we can all read. So we all can have a view as citizens if we think the state is breaking the constitution or the law.

So you are right. The constitution is asking you to have a view as to whether the militia is well regulated or whether innocent people are getting shot up. You decide buddy.

I would like to say I agree with your summation but I can't because we already have way to many gun laws on the books. We're just one law away from total confiscation.

Maybe a pshyco analysis should be required as a test for gun owners once a year in the nation now, just like renewing a drivers license or other updating certifications in which we do hold, and for which has to be updated regulary ?

Once or twice a year an evil and/or sick person does a multiple shooting.

There are over 200 million guns in the U.S. Subjecting tens of millions of perfectly sane, law abiding gun owners to a psych test is on par with with the TSA strip searching wheelchair bound grandmas. Neither would make the US safer, but they do grossly expand government reach and power over us.

Glad to see you're back :clap2:

Are you brain dead? How many people were killed with guns in DC before the gun ban was lifted?

Australia banned the sale of guns after the Port Arthur massacre. Since then, we have no more mass shootings. Yet America suffers a mass shooting every week, it would appear - why is that?

America has 10 times the population of Australia, you dolt.

So? By that logic, There should be a mass shooting in Australia every couple months.

Was his head covered? Last time at the shooting rage, I shot Bin Ladin at 150 feet in the eye....and that's where I was aiming...

I read he had a helmet, throat & groin protection, along with armor, and a bullet proof vest. He planned this well, over the course of months, according to reports from LE. That works against a plea of incapacity, I hope.

No it doesn't. Where would you get that idea from? It doesn't work against a plea of incapacity or even insanity. This kind of planning goes to premeditation which might mean he was crazy for quite a while before he committed the murders.

READ THE POST, I WROTE I HOPE! Yes, the mental capacity to plan could be a factor in determining capacity.

You say that as if it meant something to an anti gun person. Anti gun people do not need much to make anything a gun issue. A tragedy like this is equivalent to a cherry on top of a sundae.

True. Gun control people are like race control people. They have only one answer to everything.

The people who want gun control are the same people that created the environment for this kind of insanity to thrive. Just listen to the excuses they are making now. It's the fault of the guns, it's the fault of the movies, it's the fault of unemployment, he didn't have a girlfriend, he had a tough time in school. He had to take a low paying job at McDonalds. One after the other, not one single person addresses the sole and only issue that caused this tragedy. James Holmes believes himself to be the Joker, out of Batman comic book.

Bottom line: If one decent person in that theater had been armed, he/she could have killed the gunman before so many innocent human beings were slaughtered. Shame on the anti-gun brigade!!!!

I agree to a point, but you are only as good as your training is. A gun owner should be responsible for making sure that he has practiced enough for that type of situation were he / she can be the most effective.
You have less than a second to react you are armed you hear a shot go off do you stand there and look to see where the shot came from or do you react to a safe location away from the original sound of the gunshot while continuing to observe that area and un-hostler your firearm on the move?

So what! Lord have mercy on these types of defensive arguments.
America has two times the population of Japan but 1000% more gun deaths.
So, by your reasoning... who's the biased dolt now.

They have lost their own argument. Their gun culture is to blame for this, yet they refuse to do anything at all to save those lives which will be lost in the future due to yet another mass shooting.

Yes we should do something about it. Arm every man and woman
An armed society is a polite society

Why, because armed people are likely to shoot at you if you're not polite?

Gun control was brought up quickly, even though this isn't a gun control issue. And I did not begin the "take my gun" scare posts either. read slower, think more, if possible.

I wrote in response to THIS yesterday, a few missed the thread until today:

To enforce the gun control law, somebody from USA government must have carried out the CO theatre shooting which killed 14 people yesterday.

You know. Sometimes when a lunatic shoots people, it really is just a lunatic shooting people.

This is not F&F, but it will be equally exploited by the anti-gun factiob.

True on the lunatic part. I hope this isn't exploited by gun control advocates, he would have killed with whatever he could have used.

As soon as there was a social phenomenon of superheroes and people getting into costume and role playing in real life someone somewhere should have realized that right along with the superhero would come the supervillian.

Guy, people have been doing the CosPlay stuff for 30 years now. Maybe longer.

hot_cosplay_girls_15.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

It's like the average, and below average, person driving a car is more polite than the same person not driving a car. And, yes, it's because of the prospect of severe consequences.

You say that as if it meant something to an anti gun person. Anti gun people do not need much to make anything a gun issue. A tragedy like this is equivalent to a cherry on top of a sundae.

True. Gun control people are like race control people. They have only one answer to everything.

The people who want gun control are the same people that created the environment for this kind of insanity to thrive. Just listen to the excuses they are making now. It's the fault of the guns, it's the fault of the movies, it's the fault of unemployment, he didn't have a girlfriend, he had a tough time in school. He had to take a low paying job at McDonalds. One after the other, not one single person addresses the sole and only issue that caused this tragedy. James Holmes believes himself to be the Joker, out of Batman comic book.

Bottom line: If one decent person in that theater had been armed, he/she could have killed the gunman before so many innocent human beings were slaughtered. Shame on the anti-gun brigade!!!!

Yes, because guns plus more guns plus crazy people with guns = peace.

Maybe if guns were not as easy to obtain as candy at a concession stand, fewer nutjobs would go around killing everybody in sight.

It's like the average, and below average, person driving a car is more polite than the same person not driving a car. And, yes, it's because of the prospect of severe consequences.

How inane. People driving cars are not more polite than non drivers. If anything, they are more rude (honking, flipping people off, etc.) because they are surrounded by metal and moving.

I wrote in response to THIS yesterday, a few missed the thread until today:

To enforce the gun control law, somebody from USA government must have carried out the CO theatre shooting which killed 14 people yesterday.

You know. Sometimes when a lunatic shoots people, it really is just a lunatic shooting people.

This is not F&F, but it will be equally exploited by the anti-gun factiob.

True on the lunatic part. I hope this isn't exploited by gun control advocates, he would have killed with whatever he could have used.

No doubt..he was a science guy..he wired his apartment with explosives..he could of made poisons gas...or he could of just used a kitchen knife

Osaka school massacre

The attack

At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers.[2]

Osaka school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
How inane. People driving cars are not more polite than non drivers. If anything, they are more rude (honking, flipping people off, etc.) because they are surrounded by metal and moving.

You must be a totally shitty driver. I don't remember the last time anyone ever honked at me or flipped me off. Anyway, notice how just about everyone takes their proper tun at a four-way stop.

As soon as there was a social phenomenon of superheroes and people getting into costume and role playing in real life someone somewhere should have realized that right along with the superhero would come the supervillian.

Guy, people have been doing the CosPlay stuff for 30 years now. Maybe longer.

hot_cosplay_girls_15.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Meow!

You must be a totally shitty driver. I don't remember the last time anyone ever honked at me or flipped me off. Anyway, notice how just about everyone takes their proper tun at a four-way stop.

Yeah, but now picture them with guns... BLAM! You didn't use your turn signals. BLAM! You cut me off!

No, he was well protected:

He wore a tactical armored vest, throat protector, groin protector, a gas mask and a ballistic helmet.

Maybe a pshyco analysis should be required as a test for gun owners once a year in the nation now, just like renewing a drivers license or other updating certifications in which we do hold, and for which has to be updated regulary ?

There are over 200 million guns in the U.S. Subjecting tens of millions of perfectly sane, law abiding gun owners to a psych test is on par with with the TSA strip searching wheelchair bound grandmas. Neither would make the US safer, but they do grossly expand government reach and power over us.

As this guy had no priors, it is likely he would have "slipped through the cracks".

I read he had a helmet, throat & groin protection, along with armor, and a bullet proof vest. He planned this well, over the course of months, according to reports from LE. That works against a plea of incapacity, I hope.

No it doesn't. Where would you get that idea from? It doesn't work against a plea of incapacity or even insanity. This kind of planning goes to premeditation which might mean he was crazy for quite a while before he committed the murders.

READ THE POST, I WROTE I HOPE! Yes, the mental capacity to plan could be a factor in determining capacity.

You might hope, but you would still be wrong. Having the ability to plan isn't even a consideration much less a factor in determining sanity. You are making the mistake in thinking that a person that is insane is incapable of thinking clearly enough to formulate a plan. The insane actually plan quite well. They are more meticulous in their plans than someone who isn't insane. A person who is insane has no distractions to their plan.

James Holmes will most likely never stand trial for his crimes. He gets arraigned tomorrow where he will be formally charged. Likely his attorney will ask for and get a competency hearing that will find Holmes (like Jared Loughner before him) incompetent to stand trial and there it will sit.

As this guy had no priors, it is likely he would have "slipped through the cracks".

One of those cracks is that no matter how many people watched him move into Batman the Movie, there was nothing they could do about it.

They have lost their own argument. Their gun culture is to blame for this, yet they refuse to do anything at all to save those lives which will be lost in the future due to yet another mass shooting.

"Pass the salt"... BLAM! "You didn't say please."

Forum List

Back