As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Both the Swiss law, and firearm bans, are restrictions on liberty. Neither is an answer to the horror of mass killings, had the Colorado killer not had firearms, he could have used bombs, such as were found in his apartment. And as he was wearing a helmet, armor, throat & groin protection, there is little chance any person shooting at him would have made any difference.

Joker Holmes had a number of hand grenades that he built himself. He could have used those.

Whether he could have been brought down by someone else in defense is debateable. Many times those in body armor have simply been knocked down with the force of the bullet.

Your mother would have smothered you when you were born if she'd known how you were going to turn out.

Why are you insulting the character of his mother, insinuating that she's more than capable of neonaticide. Against the rules?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

Does being a lying fucking hack ever keep you awake at night? Sick fucking freak you must be to accept, without question, the lies of the left wing media... politicizing a tragedy is beyond disgusting.

Joker Holmes had a number of hand grenades that he built himself. He could have used those.

Holmes was a smart Jew who wanted to play the role of a supervillein. Without access to guns, he would have made bombs, and likely killed a lot more people than just 12.

As soon as there was a social phenomenon of superheroes and people getting into costume and role playing in real life someone somewhere should have realized that right along with the superhero would come the supervillian.

Why are you insulting the character of his mother, insinuating that she's more than capable of neonaticide. Against the rules?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

Does being a lying fucking hack ever keep you awake at night? Sick fucking freak you must be to accept, without question, the lies of the left wing media... politicizing a tragedy is beyond disgusting.

Gun control was brought up quickly, even though this isn't a gun control issue. And I did not begin the "take my gun" scare posts either. read slower, think more, if possible.

Peach, that's one of the sickest things I've ever read on a political board. Where do you get off?

I agree, I didn't write about guns being taken away however, others have.
You said the man who committed this atrocity was "one of their kind." That is not the case. I read quotes of the other prisoners. They said he was talking out of his head about being in a great movie and a few other misguided things one does not see on this political board or others, for the most part. Our most extreme poster here on either side is likely not a mass murderer of innocent human beings, imho.

I just glanced at the American National Debt clock. We are in the hole close to 15 trillion, 902 billion dollars, and in less than a week, we will pass 16 trillion dollars. Pardon me if some of us seem to you as "extremists," but this national debt and no end in sight has us feeling the extremes that brought this nation to such collassal debt must be dealt with in a way almost as extreme as the extreme way it will have been put at 16 trillion. That "extremity" is to simply stop passing extreme tax-raising, job-snuffling bills and put some sanity back into measures that will provide the best care for the most. Many of us feel that will be through private sector health care, and many do not. We will be coming together soon to decide which way we will proceed from here.

If power is transferred on account of the November election, no senior is going to have his or her health care removed, nor will anyone who served and was wounded be turned away. Doctors will still be able to earn good money for their 80+ hour a week jobs and deliver good care to clients, and privacy of information will be assured to people who are ill.

Nothing bad is going to happen, jobs are going to be restored.

Romney is hungry to get started turning the job markets around so people do not have to live on the dole but will be rewarded well with good jobs.

He's also got a plan -- a real plan -- to get American jobs back to these shores. He knows how to do it, and he is poised and ready to bring home that bacon in manufacturing jobs to our country once more.

If we give him a Senate and House to work with, that will be accomplished in less than 4 years.

Obama still hasn't passed a budget. You will not see that particular behavior from Romney, because he has an agenda to get people in the Senate and House working together toward the goal of a budget that will ensure the most people who lost them will get their jobs back.

Turn Romney loose! America will prosper if we do. Of that I am certain.

Both the Swiss law, and firearm bans, are restrictions on liberty. Neither is an answer to the horror of mass killings, had the Colorado killer not had firearms, he could have used bombs, such as were found in his apartment. And as he was wearing a helmet, armor, throat & groin protection, there is little chance any person shooting at him would have made any difference.

Was his head covered? Last time at the shooting rage, I shot Bin Ladin at 150 feet in the eye....and that's where I was aiming...

Peach, that's one of the sickest things I've ever read on a political board. Where do you get off?

You said the man who committed this atrocity was "one of their kind." That is not the case. I read quotes of the other prisoners. They said he was talking out of his head about being in a great movie and a few other misguided things one does not see on this political board or others, for the most part. Our most extreme poster here on either side is likely not a mass murderer of innocent human beings, imho.

I just glanced at the American National Debt clock. We are in the hole close to 15 trillion, 902 billion dollars, and in less than a week, we will pass 16 trillion dollars. Pardon me if some of us seem to you as "extremists," but this national debt and no end in sight has us feeling the extremes that brought this nation to such collassal debt must be dealt with in a way almost as extreme as the extreme way it will have been put at 16 trillion. That "extremity" is to simply stop passing extreme tax-raising, job-snuffling bills and put some sanity back into measures that will provide the best care for the most. Many of us feel that will be through private sector health care, and many do not. We will be coming together soon to decide which way we will proceed from here.

If power is transferred on account of the November election, no senior is going to have his or her health care removed, nor will anyone who served and was wounded be turned away. Doctors will still be able to earn good money for their 80+ hour a week jobs and deliver good care to clients, and privacy of information will be assured to people who are ill.

Romney is hungry to get started turning the job markets around so people do not have to live on the dole but will be rewarded well with good jobs.

He's also got a plan -- a real plan -- to get American jobs back to these shores. He knows how to do it, and he is poised and ready to bring home that bacon in manufacturing jobs to our country once more.

If we give him a Senate and House to work with, that will be accomplished in less than 4 years.

Obama still hasn't passed a budget. You will not see that particular behavior from Romney, because he has an agenda to get people in the Senate and House working together toward the goal of a budget that will ensure the most people who lost them will get their jobs back.

I wrote EXTREMIST right, which Romney isn't, thank God. The worry over more gun control is needless, Obama made that clear, from his view. As I have written time and again, this man would likely have found a way to kill had he no firearms.

Yeah, right...the dems and the reps, the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation who have worked together to bring us the mess in our economy today and you think voting for one of the same is gonna fix it????

This isn't a gun control issue. It is a crazy person control issue.

You say that as if it meant something to an anti gun person. Anti gun people do not need much to make anything a gun issue. A tragedy like this is equivalent to a cherry on top of a sundae.

True. Gun control people are like race control people. They have only one answer to everything.

The people who want gun control are the same people that created the environment for this kind of insanity to thrive. Just listen to the excuses they are making now. It's the fault of the guns, it's the fault of the movies, it's the fault of unemployment, he didn't have a girlfriend, he had a tough time in school. He had to take a low paying job at McDonalds. One after the other, not one single person addresses the sole and only issue that caused this tragedy. James Holmes believes himself to be the Joker, out of Batman comic book.

559322_501836616509795_1105831330_n.jpg

Wish Switzerland would let us immigrate.....

Was his head covered? Last time at the shooting rage, I shot Bin Ladin at 150 feet in the eye....and that's where I was aiming...

I read he had a helmet, throat & groin protection, along with armor, and a bullet proof vest. He planned this well, over the course of months, according to reports from LE. That works against a plea of incapacity, I hope.

I read he had a helmet, throat & groin protection, along with armor, and a bullet proof vest. He planned this well, over the course of months, according to reports from LE. That works against a plea of incapacity, I hope.

I hope so....but we shall see. I still think he's schizo.

This isn't a gun control issue. It is a crazy person control issue.

You say that as if it meant something to an anti gun person. Anti gun people do not need much to make anything a gun issue. A tragedy like this is equivalent to a cherry on top of a sundae.

True. Gun control people are like race control people. They have only one answer to everything.

The people who want gun control are the same people that created the environment for this kind of insanity to thrive. Just listen to the excuses they are making now. It's the fault of the guns, it's the fault of the movies, it's the fault of unemployment, he didn't have a girlfriend, he had a tough time in school. He had to take a low paying job at McDonalds. One after the other, not one single person addresses the sole and only issue that caused this tragedy. James Holmes believes himself to be the Joker, out of Batman comic book.

It's not one issue that caused this many things contributed to this shooting.
I'm not even going to make a list because it would be way to long.
But I will start with political correctness, loss of moral values, his parents, Government intrusion of the family, the school system, TV dumbing down the minds of people, no desire, or drive to better yourself because the government will save you.. Yes and the shooter, but with what I just posted it hard to hold someone accountable when they are mindless and have not understanding of their actions because of some of the things I mentioned.
That my short list.

Gun control was brought up quickly, even though this isn't a gun control issue. And I did not begin the "take my gun" scare posts either. read slower, think more, if possible.

I wrote in response to THIS yesterday, a few missed the thread until today:

To enforce the gun control law, somebody from USA government must have carried out the CO theatre shooting which killed 14 people yesterday.

Maybe a pshyco analysis should be required as a test for gun owners once a year in the nation now, just like renewing a drivers license or other updating certifications in which we do hold, and for which has to be updated regulary ?

Once or twice a year an evil and/or sick person does a multiple shooting.

There are over 200 million guns in the U.S. Subjecting tens of millions of perfectly sane, law abiding gun owners to a psych test is on par with with the TSA strip searching wheelchair bound grandmas. Neither would make the US safer, but they do grossly expand government reach and power over us.

No it doesn't. Where would you get that idea from? It doesn't work against a plea of incapacity or even insanity. This kind of planning goes to premeditation which might mean he was crazy for quite a while before he committed the murders.

I wrote in response to THIS yesterday, a few missed the thread until today:

To enforce the gun control law, somebody from USA government must have carried out the CO theatre shooting which killed 14 people yesterday.

You know. Sometimes when a lunatic shoots people, it really is just a lunatic shooting people.

This is not F&F, but it will be equally exploited by the anti-gun factiob.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back