Ask Joe (a new advice column just for USMB members)

SomeTimes... if you, like me, are an 'average' prognosticator.

Relax. I'm certain that there are SEVERAL reasons for 51 not to exist.

Dear Joe:

Over or under? Toilet paper orientation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And is it significant that the man who did the study bears the name Edgar Alan? (Allen, you know). ;) Scary stuff.

Class and politics
Sinrod observed of his survey, "60 percent of those who earn $50,000 or more prefer it to be over and 73 percent of those who earn less than $20,000 prefer under".[40] On what that proves: "I don't know, but it's sure interesting."[39]

In one local election in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, new voting machines were given a trial run by asking the question, "Are you in favor of toilet paper in all public washrooms being installed with the loose end coming up and over the front of the roll?" The answer was yes: 768 to 196, or 80% over. It was thought to be a question "which carried no political association".[68] Yet one teenager's science project at the Southern Appalachian Science and Engineering Fair, and a favorite of the fair's coordinator, was a survey concluding that liberals roll over while conservatives roll under.[69]
wiki Tee hee....

Last edited:
Hey!!!

We're on page 51!

{ cue The Twilight Zone theme music... }
:eusa_shifty:

Dear Joe:

Over or under? Toilet paper orientation - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And is it significant that the man who did the study bears the name Edgar Alan? (Allen, you know). ;) Scary stuff.

Class and politics
Sinrod observed of his survey, "60 percent of those who earn $50,000 or more prefer it to be over and 73 percent of those who earn less than $20,000 prefer under".[40] On what that proves: "I don't know, but it's sure interesting."[39]

In one local election in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, new voting machines were given a trial run by asking the question, "Are you in favor of toilet paper in all public washrooms being installed with the loose end coming up and over the front of the roll?" The answer was yes: 768 to 196, or 80% over. It was thought to be a question "which carried no political association".[68] Yet one teenager's science project at the Southern Appalachian Science and Engineering Fair, and a favorite of the fair's coordinator, was a survey concluding that liberals roll over while conservatives roll under.[69]
wiki Tee hee....

I prefer over, but not enough to complain to the cleaning crew at work. Those guys get enough shit to deal with.

Dear Joe:

When this amazing thread was first composed and posted was anyone here at USMB able to foresee how popular it would become?

Baffled, but not in Buffalo

If anyone here at USMB foresaw 510 posts in the future of this thread, they did not share their prognostications with me.

I'm fairly confident... I know pretty much everyone here in possession of crystal balls. :thup:

If anyone here at USMB foresaw 510 posts in the future of this thread, they did not share their prognostications with me.

I'm fairly confident... I know pretty much everyone here in possession of crystal balls. :thup:

Dear Joe:

TMI.

Just sayin'.

So, while I'm here...

What does a man mean when they say "It's just sex"?

Let me share how I foresaw your 510 posts, and more..........

It seems you can make it to 510 posts if you CONTROL the Forum and fixate on topics that have nothing to do with politics. That would get everyone else banned or moved........................................................................................................................

Same as the politics we discuss today.

The tools/powerful that invest in the position control the outcome. It doesn't matter if there is anything intellignet. Their focus is bias and the road to repeat that bias was just $Green. :thanks:

Last edited:
I'll feed the Mod though...........

Is black a color or a tone? Who "Discovered" America First, Indians or Americans? If you can use force or knowledge to resolve a problem, which would you choose? What President started the "Obama Phone" program? Should we force American children to pledge their allegiance to our founding god, or would that automatically disrupt "Freedom of Religion"? If the tax payers and Religion organizations paid for the pill, would we need abortion? Should we build a pipeline that goes entirely through America taking away land or just build a refinery in Alaska that is next door? What President was in power when we started funding a video game nationally? Are titles the only thing important, or actually reading the substance.......?

51 has no significance....or does it?

What has been seen cannot be unseen...
What is learned cannot be unlearned...
For those of us who know, the peace and the stress blend together to create a memorable ride on the Timeline.

So, while I'm here...

What does a man mean when they say "It's just sex"?

What it means is what was said. Men are just like that.

What he wants you to believe is that he was thinking of you the whole time - that's why he hit on your sister in the first place.

hey joe, where you going with that gun in your hand?

Miami.

I heard that there was a buy-back program and, since I've discovered the power of the written Word, I've found that I just don't need it.

Apparently The Pen is Mighty.

I'll feed the Mod though...........

Is black a color or a tone? Who "Discovered" America First, Indians or Americans? If you can use force or knowledge to resolve a problem, which would you choose? What President started the "Obama Phone" program? Should we force American children to pledge their allegiance to our founding god, or would that automatically disrupt "Freedom of Religion"? If the tax payers and Religion organizations paid for the pill, would we need abortion? Should we build a pipeline that goes entirely through America taking away land or just build a refinery in Alaska that is next door? What President was in power when we started funding a video game nationally? Are titles the only thing important, or actually reading the substance.......?

:disbelief: That's a LOT of questions, Bro!

'K...​

Black is the absence of color.

Credit for discovery of the land masses that later became known as North and South America by human kind belongs to the Asians who entered through Alaska +/- 10,000 years ago.

Me? I force a lot through using only the tool of knowledge.

I don't know.

As long as everyone pusses out on the naming of god, saying things like "one nation, under god" and "god bless America" remain generic enough to be palatable in our religiously pluralistic society. As soon as someone in the mix defines god a The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran, or other such specific Deity, the pledge becomes an effort at government endorsed proselytizing, and that would be wrong.

Unless we include vigorous and fact filled sexual education in the package, mistakes will continue. The trick to abortion is that it should be a safe and legal option, not an aggressive, for profit industry.

We already have LOTS of pipelines for oil and other goods. I'm not sure I understand the need to send oil from Canada to Texas for processing when Washington State has several nice refineries right next door. This question raises more questions than answers. Kudos.

I don't know. Until this moment I never gave it a thought.

While it's true that you can't judge a book by its cover, a carefully crafted title can be highly informative.

Forum List

Back