Ask, Tell

Gays have been serving in armies since there were armies.

Wonder how many of the 300 Spartans were gay?? Anyone doubt their ability in battle??

DADT should have been gone long ago.

People interact with gays every day. Jeeze. I have gay friends. They don't have cooties and they sure as shit don't try to force themselves or their beliefs on me. They respect me as I respect them.

God People are such morons sometimes.

Straight men are morons. Got it. How enlightening.

Anyone can be a moron straight or gay. Glad to see your enlightened. LOL

In-fucking-credible... this ignorant, activist judge just couldn't wait for the study to conclude on December 1st. She just had to over step her bounds and decide all on her own what's best for the military. My God... there should be a law against these activist judges legislating from the bench. She's the one that ought to be on trial.

Good for her. :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Really? Have you ever been in the military? Do you any idea how it's going to impact the military? Did the homo activist judge? The answer is a huge, resounding NO to all those questions. You people are as ignorant as you are arrogant.

In-fucking-credible... this ignorant, activist judge just couldn't wait for the study to conclude on December 1st. She just had to over step her bounds and decide all on her own what's best for the military. My God... there should be a law against these activist judges legislating from the bench. She's the one that ought to be on trial.

The practice was ruled unconstitutional and will probably be upheld even at the SC. After all where does the constitution say that you can't risk life and limb to defend your constitution and nation from all enemies foreign and domestic just because you are gay?

Why do you hate the constitution, Pale?

Why do you beat off in the closet, loose?

The constitution is irrelevant. The military makes up it's own damn rules. You'd know that if you'd ever spent a day in the military. Regardless, the constitution no more says homos have the right to serve in the military than it does they don't. Either way, it should have been left for the S.C. to decide AFTER the study that is under way had concluded, not interfered with by some cocky, sons a bitchin', liberal shit bag, activist judge. All she did was fuck an orderly progression.

I hate to tell you this buddy, but no the military doesn't make up it's own rules, and it is bound by oaths to defend the constitution and adhere to it.

The military is subordinate to Congress, the courts and the CIC.

I hate to tell you this buddy,not true but no the military doesn't make up it's own rules,not true and it is bound by oaths to defend the constitution true and adhere to it.

The military is subordinate to Congress, not true the courtsnot true and the CIC. true

Gays have been serving in armies since there were armies.

Wonder how many of the 300 Spartans were gay?? Anyone doubt their ability in battle??

DADT should have been gone long ago.

People interact with gays every day. Jeeze. I have gay friends. They don't have cooties and they sure as shit don't try to force themselves or their beliefs on me. They respect me as I respect them.

God People are such morons sometimes.

Well tell me Einstein how's this locker room gonna work. Why not just mix the sexes?

Serious question. If gay men and women of various persuasions can bunk in the same dormitory why can't straight men and women? What's the diff?

Well tell me Einstein how's this locker room gonna work. Why not just mix the sexes?

Don't bother asking this. the line is the Vets need to suck it up and take it. 3% of the population is gay so fuck the rights of the other 97%.

It was very, very bothersome to shower when the gay guy was around, but I was fortunate enough not to have one as a room mate. They tended to get apartments in town, as a courtesy to the rest of us.

Don't bother asking this. the line is the Vets need to suck it up and take it. 3% of the population is gay so fuck the rights of the other 97%.

It was very, very bothersome to shower when the gay guy was around, but I was fortunate enough not to have one as a room mate. They tended to get apartments in town, as a courtesy to the rest of us.

The only FAIR way to handle this is to let your wife come shower with you.

I hate to tell you this buddy,not true but no the military doesn't make up it's own rules,not true and it is bound by oaths to defend the constitution true and adhere to it.

The military is subordinate to Congress, not true the courtsnot true and the CIC. true

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States
, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

see how wrong you are?

What people tend to forget (or they twist it) is that gays already have the same rights to serve as anyone else. What they want now is special privileges. Sorry but this old Sergeant will not accept it as right. DADT gives them the choice to serve or not. What the hell else do you need.....

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States
, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

see how wrong you are?

No where in there are they allowed to give orders. They set some rules, I'll give you that. The declaration of war is not an order, it's permission to the President to go to war. Congress can't order a tug boat to move, or advance/retreat 1 soldier. That's what I was talking about.

Gays have been in the military all along so I can't believe knowing someone is gay will change things a great deal. Once the guys and gals set the ground rules I doubt anyone will be crossing the line.

If they do, Ever hear of sexual harrassment?? Charges can be filed against gays as well as straights.

Oh and BTW, I'm sure not Einstein. LOL

So it is alright for us to have allies that allow gays in the military, and for us to fight side by side with those allies, but it isn't alright if we allow gays in our military to serve openly?

The British Ministry of Defense acted swiftly to integrate the military, calling back soldiers who had been discharged for being gay.

Rob Nunn: "I got the phone call -- 'Are you going to go back?' So I said yes."

When he went back, Nunn says he was fully accepted.

Rob Nunn: "There was absolutely no discrimination, no animosity, no problems. My final job in the Navy was a training in charge of up to 350 trainee submariners."

Nunn retired in 2003, but he insists that concerns about sharing barracks and unit cohesion never materialized. Those are arguments made repeatedly by leaders of the U.S. military who declined to be a part of this report.
5/14/07 | abc7news.com

It's a sad day when American citizens think they "must" have homos to defend their country. :doubt:

Hate to break it to you, but gays are already defending our country.
How would you feel if you were made to hide your religion, while defending our country?

Forum List

Back