🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Assange Op Ed in The Australian newspaper

God is real. the pagan moon god Allah, not so much.

Go and troll another thread you racist twerp...there are plenty of Israel/Pal threads on this board where you can go get your jollies...
Note: "Racism" does not mean "anything a leftist doesn't like".

No, racism means not liking somebody due to their racial or ethnic background. Go read Marc's posts sometimes instead of shooting from the lip...

When I show up on a Kiwi board telling you how you should run your country, then you'll have a point. Meanwhile, all we have to deal with here is left-wing New Zealander arrogance.

Like I said, if you can persuade your govt not to interfere with other countries ALL the time, your opinion on the subject might mean something.

And feel free to criticise my country....

Only in right-wing US neocon land am I considered a leftie. In my own country I'm a centrist sometimes leaning to the right. When are you marginalised people going to realise that with most normal Americans and most of the rest of the western world, you guys are the freak show...

No, not dismissed, but age is a factor.

No, it's really not.
Indirectly. Experience is what matters most.

So you're saying my opinion is less valid than yours because I may not have as much "experience" as you, and Dr. Grump's opinion is less valid than yours because he's from New Zealand. How about you just discuss the issues rather than looking for a reason to dismiss people's opinions?

I CAN'T look at the evidence. The information was not properly declassified, and while I have a current SECRET clearance, I do not have need-to-know.

You see, I take security seriously, unlike that little bastard Manning.

I don't think you refusing to look at it has anything to do with security, considering the rest of the world has already looked at it.
You think wrong. "Everybody else is doing it!" is a childish excuse. "I'm not doing it because it's wrong" is the mature and honorable way to be.

Now it sounds like you're just making up excuses as you go along because you don't want to look at the evidence that the government is engaged in criminal activities.

If you're telling them how to handle their internal affairs, they'd have every right to.

It's called giving an opinion, and that's the purpose of a message board.
No argument there. But don't pretend the opinions of non-citizens carry a lot of weight.

A non-citizen's opinion carries just as much weight as a citizen's. That you want to dismiss his opinion because you don't want to discuss the issue is not Dr. Grump's fault.

So you're saying my opinion is less valid than yours because I may not have as much "experience" as you, and Dr. Grump's opinion is less valid than yours because he's from New Zealand. How about you just discuss the issues rather than looking for a reason to dismiss people's opinions?

That would require actually debating the issues on the merits of each side. Can't have that now.

Go and troll another thread you racist twerp...there are plenty of Israel/Pal threads on this board where you can go get your jollies...
Note: "Racism" does not mean "anything a leftist doesn't like".

No, racism means not liking somebody due to their racial or ethnic background. Go read Marc's posts sometimes instead of shooting from the lip...
Yeah. When was the last time you criticized a fellow lefty for being racist?

I'd hold my breath, but I know better. :lol:

When I show up on a Kiwi board telling you how you should run your country, then you'll have a point. Meanwhile, all we have to deal with here is left-wing New Zealander arrogance.

Like I said, if you can persuade your govt not to interfere with other countries ALL the time, your opinion on the subject might mean something.

And feel free to criticise my country....

Only in right-wing US neocon land am I considered a leftie. In my own country I'm a centrist sometimes leaning to the right. When are you marginalised people going to realise that with most normal Americans and most of the rest of the western world, you guys are the freak show...
"Marginalized"? Guess you didn't hear about our recent election, huh? :lol:

In case you haven't noticed, I don't much give a damn what the rest of the world thinks, and no one's ever been able to adequately explain why I should. Most of it's a shithole anyway.

No, it's really not.

You're not paying attention. I dismiss people's opinions because they're arrived at with faulty reasoning or false data.

I don't think you refusing to look at it has anything to do with security, considering the rest of the world has already looked at it.
You think wrong. "Everybody else is doing it!" is a childish excuse. "I'm not doing it because it's wrong" is the mature and honorable way to be.

Now it sounds like you're just making up excuses as you go along because you don't want to look at the evidence that the government is engaged in criminal activities.
Yes, I can see where it might sound that way to someone with no respect for the rule of law.

You're not paying attention. I dismiss people's opinions because they're arrived at with faulty reasoning or false data.

If that were the case then my age and Grump's nationality wouldn't have been brought up at all.

Yes, I can see where it might sound that way to someone with no respect for the rule of law.

I can see where it might look like I have no respect for the rule of law for someone who throws in their lot with statists who support Assange being arrested without bail with no charges against him.

If that were the case then my age and Grump's nationality wouldn't have been brought up at all.
No, not really. Your age and his nationality have an impact on your views.

I don't think now, at 47, the way I did when I was 22.

I see you have spent more time in this thread trying to dismiss the opinions of others using faulty or flawed reasoning than actually debating the issues at hand.
How many times do I have to reiterate the same things? Is there a minimum?

No, not really. Your age and his nationality have an impact on your views.

I don't think now, at 47, the way I did when I was 22.

Bully for you. But my age and his nationality have nothing to do with the facts of this issue.

Forum List

Back