🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Assange Op Ed in The Australian newspaper

No, not really. Your age and his nationality have an impact on your views.

I don't think now, at 47, the way I did when I was 22.

You're making the assumption that your views are better at the age of 47 than 22. That may not always be the case. Hence, your reasoning (or lack thereof) of using age as a way to dismiss Kevin's opinion is flawed.

Now it sounds like you're just making up excuses as you go along because you don't want to look at the evidence that the government is engaged in criminal activities.
Yes, I can see where it might sound that way to someone with no respect for the rule of law.

I can see where it might look like I have no respect for the rule of law for someone who throws in their lot with statists who support Assange being arrested without bail with no charges against him.
Good think I haven't done that, huh?

I think he should be arrested and charged with espionage. I wouldn't agree to bail, because he's a flight risk.

If that were the case then my age and Grump's nationality wouldn't have been brought up at all.

Bully for you. But my age and his nationality have nothing to do with the facts of this issue.
But they have to do with your perception of the facts, don't they?

Yes, I can see where it might sound that way to someone with no respect for the rule of law.

I can see where it might look like I have no respect for the rule of law for someone who throws in their lot with statists who support Assange being arrested without bail with no charges against him.

I think he should be arrested and charged with espionage. I wouldn't agree to bail, because he's a flight risk.

So you would say that he should be released from prison now then? Since he hasn't been charged with anything?

You're making the assumption that your views are better at the age of 47 than 22. That may not always be the case. Hence, your reasoning (or lack thereof) of using age as a way to dismiss Kevin's opinion is flawed.
I was a liberal when I was 22. I got more conservative as I got older. I believe liberal reasoning is flawed, because I know what it was like thinking as a liberal.

Can you say you've seen the world from two sides?

Bully for you. But my age and his nationality have nothing to do with the facts of this issue.

I would say my political ideology has much to do with my perception of facts, not my age. You see there are many older people who agree with me. So it's ideology, not age. Regardless, if my age is giving me an incorrect perception of the facts, why not simply correct that perception rather than bringing up my age?

So you would say that he should be released from prison now then? Since he hasn't been charged with anything?
I say he should be extradited to the US and charged.

I would say my political ideology has much to do with my perception of facts, not my age. You see there are many older people who agree with me. So it's ideology, not age. Regardless, if my age is giving me an incorrect perception of the facts, why not simply correct that perception rather than bringing up my age?
You make a valid point. I retract my line of questioning about your age. :)

However, since he hasn't been charged with any crime anywhere you'd support him being let go?

I was a liberal when I was 22. I got more conservative as I got older. I believe liberal reasoning is flawed, because I know what it was like thinking as a liberal.

And there are those who were Conservatives when they were 22 and became more Liberal as they got older. So your own personal experience has nothing to do with judging someone's else age. I've been posting on USMB for more than two years, and have seen arguments on many issues made by people on both sides of the political spectrum. Over time, I've changed my opinion on some issues due to life experiences and well-written arguments I've read. Point being is Kevin is perhaps the biggest Libertarian on the board and his opinion here is borne out of his ideology than age.

Never mind the fact that your definition of Conservative and someone else's could be radically different.

However, since he hasn't been charged with any crime anywhere you'd support him being let go?
No. The US has reason to believe he's committed a crime. The US and Great Britain have an extradition treaty. Part 2 of that treaty"
...removed the requirement on the USA to provide prima facie evidence in extraditions from the UK, requiring instead only reasonable suspicion.​

We certainly have reasonable suspicion, don't we?

And there are those who were Conservatives when they were 22 and became more Liberal as they got older. So your own personal experience has nothing to do with judging someone's else age. I've been posting on USMB for more than two years, and have seen arguments on many issues made by people on both sides of the political spectrum. Over time, I've changed my opinion on some issues due to life experiences and well-written arguments I've read. Point being is Kevin is perhaps the biggest Libertarian on the board and his opinion here is borne out of his ideology than age.
Ahem. :)

No. The US has reason to believe he's committed a crime. The US and Great Britain have an extradition treaty. Part 2 of that treaty"
...removed the requirement on the USA to provide prima facie evidence in extraditions from the UK, requiring instead only reasonable suspicion.​

So you do support him being arrested without being charged with a crime.

Everyone I've spoken to with any knowledge of law says that he has NOT broken any US laws.

2 to 1 odds that we makes something up to prosecute him under, though.

So you do support him being arrested without being charged with a crime.
He should be held until he's extradited.

Everyone I've spoken to with any knowledge of law says that he has NOT broken any US laws.

Guess you haven't talked to the Justice Department, huh?

Guess you haven't talked to the Justice Department, huh?

I bet you haven't either.

I'm guessing you think he should be charged with espionage, right?

Forum List

Back