🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Assange Op Ed in The Australian newspaper

I don't know that it would be against board rules or copyright infringement, but I'm not going to copy and paste the entire cable, which is fairly long, regardless. However, it doesn't matter. I copied the relevant portions of the cable, if she can't form an opinion from what I've supplied she won't be able to form an opinion from the rest of the cable I don't think. As to why she doesn't want to go to the website I have no idea.
There's no context, Kev. I have no idea what prompted that cable or who actually sent it.

Details do matter.

What prompted the cable is irrelevant to the issue. There's nothing that could have prompted this cable that would somehow make stealing this information legal. As for who sent it, it's signed "CLINTON" and was sent from the office of the Secretary of State.
It isn't irrelevant. For instance it could be following on the heels of a cable that listed names of people that were suspected of having ties to terrorism and saying instructions on what to look for coming in the next cable. :cuckoo: You watch way to many conspiracy shows, I'm guessing.

Hillary is said to be slightly embarrassed by the cable, which suggests that what she was doing wasn't kosha. If it was kosha I would expect her reaction to be either one of defiance or no comment at all....
Said to be? :lol:

My dear, you are said to be a rabid left wing Ozophile fucktard. :)

Strawman...next....:eusa_whistle:
I wasn't meaning to insult you, just humorously point out that said to be is meaningless. It's like saying Obama is said to be born in Kenya.

I've never made a habit of singling America out and don't plan to start now. I'm more eager for releases that expose corruption in the governments of the "Muslim World" because those are the governments that I want to see fall apart.
Uh huh. Yet you're here on an American board cheering on treason and espionage. Go figure.
Most of the leaks I care about deal with issues that are certainly of little interest to you, ie:

Cable Viewer
Cable Viewer

I must say, though; watching folks like you whine and call proponents of open government "traitors" and "liberals" amuses me to no end.
Who's doing that? I'm calling traitors and spies traitors and spies. I'm calling those who support them leftists, because that's what leftists do. Never met a criminal they didn't love.

Not in America he didn't. You sure you want to go down that path vis-a-vis the laws of Iraq or Afghanistan that your troops have violated? Or are you one of those asswipes that think that all law - anywhere in the world - is American law?

It's funny the way you pretend your opinion matters. :lol:

More right-wing US arrogance. Do you guys ever get sick of your holier than thou attitude?
When I show up on a Kiwi board telling you how you should run your country, then you'll have a point. Meanwhile, all we have to deal with here is left-wing New Zealander arrogance.

Not in America he didn't. You sure you want to go down that path vis-a-vis the laws of Iraq or Afghanistan that your troops have violated? Or are you one of those asswipes that think that all law - anywhere in the world - is American law?

it matters as much as any of our 'opinions'.
Like I said, when I show up on a Kiwi board and tell him how to run his country...

Civil disobedience. It's a wonderful thing. Violating unjust laws and exposing the real crimes that the state is committing. Did you want to make a statement on Hillary and Condoleezza's crimes? Or is that ok since it was "classified?"
I have no evidence of any crimes, and since the material was never officially declassified, I cannot legally look at it.

You'll just have to understand that I'm not going to take your word for it.

So you're refusing to look at the evidence, and you're not going to take my word for it. Sounds like you're sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and stomping your feet rather than addressing the issue.
I CAN'T look at the evidence. The information was not properly declassified, and while I have a current SECRET clearance, I do not have need-to-know.

You see, I take security seriously, unlike that little bastard Manning.

Like I said, when I show up on a Kiwi board and tell him how to run his country...

That would be valid if what we do didn't have an effect on other countries. And I suspect our gathering information on other countries is EXACTLY the type of thing that would be of interest.

I always try to look at it this way... in analyzing any situation... what would *we* say if it were done to us?

So, feel free to go on a kiwi board, but i'm wondering how much NZ policy affects the U.S.

That would be valid if what we do didn't have an effect on other countries. And I suspect our gathering information on other countries is EXACTLY the type of thing that would be of interest.

I always try to look at it this way... in analyzing any situation... what would *we* say if it were done to us?

So, feel free to go on a kiwi board, but i'm wondering how much NZ policy affects the U.S.
Some people have used that line of thinking to advocate that everyone in the world should be allowed to vote in our Presidential elections.

There's no context, Kev. I have no idea what prompted that cable or who actually sent it.

Details do matter.

What prompted the cable is irrelevant to the issue. There's nothing that could have prompted this cable that would somehow make stealing this information legal. As for who sent it, it's signed "CLINTON" and was sent from the office of the Secretary of State.
It isn't irrelevant. For instance it could be following on the heels of a cable that listed names of people that were suspected of having ties to terrorism and saying instructions on what to look for coming in the next cable. :cuckoo: You watch way to many conspiracy shows, I'm guessing.

You're talking about UN officials having ties to terrorism and I watch conspiracy shows?

I have no evidence of any crimes, and since the material was never officially declassified, I cannot legally look at it.

You'll just have to understand that I'm not going to take your word for it.

So you're refusing to look at the evidence, and you're not going to take my word for it. Sounds like you're sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and stomping your feet rather than addressing the issue.
I CAN'T look at the evidence. The information was not properly declassified, and while I have a current SECRET clearance, I do not have need-to-know.

I don't think you refusing to look at it has anything to do with security, considering the rest of the world has already looked at it.

This is an American board, not a Kiwi board.

So? If there's a New Zealand politics board out there that I decided to post at then I'd certainly hope they'd accept my opinions without dismissing them on the basis that I'm an American.
If you're telling them how to handle their internal affairs, they'd have every right to.

It's called giving an opinion, and that's the purpose of a message board.

I don't think you refusing to look at it has anything to do with security, considering the rest of the world has already looked at it.
You think wrong. "Everybody else is doing it!" is a childish excuse. "I'm not doing it because it's wrong" is the mature and honorable way to be.

So? If there's a New Zealand politics board out there that I decided to post at then I'd certainly hope they'd accept my opinions without dismissing them on the basis that I'm an American.
If you're telling them how to handle their internal affairs, they'd have every right to.

It's called giving an opinion, and that's the purpose of a message board.
No argument there. But don't pretend the opinions of non-citizens carry a lot of weight.

Forum List

Back