Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Then I'd love to see them. Can you point me in that direction, please?

Google is your friend...

Google

I guess when you make a claim, you expect others to support it for you.

Thanks, I've looked for something about him that comes from any other source - some independent source - and have not seen one.

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, just little ol' me and my little ol' claim along with the President of the United States of America and the Department of Justice, etcetera, etcetera...

Sorry I'm not your research monkey. Yahoo!

It was first reported in January of last year that the Obama administration had compiled a hit list of American citizens whom the President had ordered assassinated without any due process, and one of those Americans was Anwar al-Awlaki. No effort was made to indict him for any crimes (despite a report last October that the Obama administration was “considering” indicting him). Despite substantial doubt among Yemen experts about whether he even had any operational role in Al Qaeda, no evidence (as opposed to unverified government accusations) was presented of his guilt. When Awlaki’s father sought a court order barring Obama from killing his son, the DOJ argued, among other things, that such decisions were “state secrets” and thus beyond the scrutiny of the courts. He was simply ordered killed by the President: his judge, jury and executioner. When Awlaki’s inclusion on President Obama’s hit list was confirmed, The New York Times noted that “it is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing.”
The due-process-free assassination of U.S. citizens is now reality - Yemen - Salon.com

So much for swearing to uphold the constitution:eusa_whistle:

I guess the lesson learned here unfortunately is sometimes less transparency is better.

If they didn't make a big deal out of Al-Awlaki and simply said they'd bombed an Al Qaida convoy nobody would've given two shits.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Google is your friend...

Google

Thanks, I've looked for something about him that comes from any other source - some independent source - and have not seen one.

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

Yeah, just little ol' me and my little ol' claim along with the President of the United States of America and the Department of Justice, etcetera, etcetera...

So you make a statement and then can't or will not back it up.
Noted. Thanks.

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

Noted. Thanks.

You really think there aren't many witnesses who've heard his lectures...? :lol:

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

Noted. Thanks.

You'd sooner believe the USA is Eeeevil and out to kill it's own citizens.
Duly noted. Thanks.

I'm for killing terrorists after a warrant for their arrest has been issued and ample time for them to turn themselves in has passed.

You would be for the killing of an American citizen in that circumstance no matter which party held the White House?

*looking for notebook - I think I might need a record of this one*

Yep.

Killing American Citizens who commit heinous crimes or become treasonous and threaten terrorist attacks against this country is A-OKay..in my book.

Sallow is consistent; pro-death penalty, pro-abortion, pro-assasinating terrorists regardless of citizenship.

Noted. Thanks.

You'd sooner believe the USA is Eeeevil and out to kill it's own citizens.
Duly noted. Thanks.

I said that?
Cite please.
Oh, I forgot, you like to make claims you can't back up.
Thanks for proving me correct.
You lack of credibility is noted.

Google is your friend...

Google

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

You obviously aren't your OWN research monkey.

It is the practice of morons to make a claim and ask another to support it for them.

Congrats, Val. :rolleyes:

And, YOU said there were independent sources (independent of the Executive Branch) out there.

Umm, the President and the DoJ are the Executive Branch.

Idiot.

I understand what you're saying, but it's not like there's no evidence of his jihad rhetoric. He was well known for his influential messages of acceptable violence.
But, the source of that evidence, or the only source of that evidence that I have seen so far, comes from the Executive Branch.

Do I think this guy is most likely a POS terrorist pig? Oh, yeah. But, he wasn't on any battlefield or in any war zone.

I would love for this to sit well with me - I cannot stand POS terrorist pigs - but it does not for fundamental reasons pertaining to our Bill of Rights. And, yes, because he is an American, he has those rights - they are inherent rights guaranteed by our Constitution.

There are independently verifiable quotes and witnesses to lectures which are not related to the US executive branch... They have the authority to act on that actionable intelligence.

It was military intelligence that got us into Iraq so now whats your excuse?

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

It is the practice of morons to make a claim and ask another to support it for them.

And, YOU said there were independent sources (independent of the Executive Branch) out there.

Idiot.

:lol:

There are plenty of quotes and plenty of evidence but keep on pretending there isn't. :thup:

Google is your friend...

Google

You said there is some.

And you give me Google.

Bush Cheney and company said Iraq had WMD's

Idiot.

:lol:

There are plenty of quotes and plenty of evidence but keep on pretending there isn't. :thup:
And you have yet to back up your claim.

Until you do, your claim means nothing...just your typed words.

Yeah, right. I'm gonna take that as gospel truth. :rolleyes:

Can't back it up yet, so just yammering on.

Yeah, that works. :thup:

American-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki is calling for jihad against America, claiming "America is evil" in a new audio message obtained by CNN."With the American invasion of Iraq and continued U.S. aggression against Muslims, I could not reconcile between living in the U.S. and being a Muslim, and I eventually came to the conclusion that jihad against America is binding upon myself just as it is binding on every other Muslim," he says in the recording that runs more than 12 minutes.

Purported al-Awlaki message calls for jihad against U.S. - CNN

WASHINGTON — A federal judge heard a legal challenge on Monday to the Obama administration’s decision to authorize the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, even as Mr. Awlaki, the American-born cleric tied to Al Qaeda and now hiding in Yemen, called for new attacks on the United States in a video posted to the Web.

Challenge of Decision to Kill Awlaki Is Heard - NYTimes.com

I find it whether disturbing that if this had been Bush the left would be screaming bloody murder calling for Bush Cheney heads on a silver platter. It's disturbing that those on the right approve of this and everything gose against their belief in the suppose bill of rights of American citizens. What happen to due process? Wake up people If we are going to condemn people without a trail by peers, who's to say you want be the next terrorist? We are a nation of laws. Wake the fuck up.

I find it whether disturbing that if this had been Bush the left would be screaming bloody murder calling for Bush Cheney heads on a silver platter. It's disturbing that those on the right approve of this and everything gose against their belief in the suppose bill of rights of American citizens. What happen to due process? Wake up people If we are going to condemn people without a trail by peers, who's to say you want be the next terrorist? We are a nation of laws. Wake the fuck up.

Valid concern, yet I bet the Legal side was covered before the action was taken.

Valid concern, yet I bet the Legal side was covered before the action was taken.

Be it Republican held or democratic held I do not trust my government when everything it has done gones against my belief in the Constitutional law system.

Forum List

Back