Assassinating American Citizens ... for or against?

Are you in favor of America's policy of assassinating its citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I find it whether disturbing that if this had been Bush the left would be screaming bloody murder calling for Bush Cheney heads on a silver platter. It's disturbing that those on the right approve of this and everything gose against their belief in the suppose bill of rights of American citizens. What happen to due process? Wake up people If we are going to condemn people without a trail by peers, who's to say you want be the next terrorist? We are a nation of laws. Wake the fuck up.

Valid concern, yet I bet the Legal side was covered before the action was taken.

Be it Republican held or democratic held I do not trust my government when everything it has done gones against my belief in the Constitutional law system.

Fair. No Government is beyond question or account. This action is plainly and clearly out in the open. There is no cover up here. The Target was in a Country where there is allot of hatred towards us. He was hostile towards us. I expect as things develop, we will hear the Administrations defense of the Action.

At this point I won't fault Obama. Funny how, this division crosses Party lines. That in itself I see as a a very good thing.

Valid concern, yet I bet the Legal side was covered before the action was taken.

Be it Republican held or democratic held I do not trust my government when everything it has done gones against my belief in the Constitutional law system.

Fair. No Government is beyond question or account. This action is plainly and clearly out in the open. There is no cover up here. The Target was in a Country where there is allot of hatred towards us. He was hostile towards us. I expect as things develop, we will hear the Administrations defense of the Action.

At this point I won't fault Obama. Funny how, this division crosses Party lines. That in itself I see as a a very good thing.

Mentioning cover up thats a whole different subject and a different board. This action really isn't in the open nothing has changed obama has taken the controls from bush and it's full steam a head. The left went after bush for the very same thiung obama is doing. Yet they will deny it.

Now something is not right in the system.

This is not a law enforcement matter; this is a WAR, and in war, you don't arrest the enemy, you kill the enemy. In this case the object of the exercise had not only allied himself with an armed enemy of the United States, he had become a part of the enemy's command structure. He is thus an enemy combatant, NOT an American (regardless of where he was born) and subject to being taken out whenever and wherever the situation permits. I see no problem with ordering the elimination of an enemy command target, none whatsoever.

What is the name of the war he was killed in?

I think it's called the "Global War on Terrorism". I really don't care what it is called. In case you forgot, these people started this with an unprovoked attack on our nation on 11 September, 2001. We are going to finish it, along with finishing Al Quaeda and its allies, however long that takes, and no matter how many enemy bodies we have to pile up, blow up, vaporize, or otherwise destroy in the process. That specifically includes any "American" who becomes a soldier and/or commander in the enemy cause. Had I been personally ordered to hunt down and execute this dirtbag, I would have had no problem whatever obeying that order. Why? Because it is a lawful order, no matter what party occupies the White House; a thing I want the liberals here to note, the next time a republican president issues such an order! The same goes for anyone else who allies himself/herself with an armed foreign enemy in combat against the United States of America. Such a person becomes, by that act, a foreign enemy combatant, no longer subject to the protections provided by the constitution of the United States.

Last edited:
This is not a law enforcement matter; this is a WAR, and in war, you don't arrest the enemy, you kill the enemy. In this case the object of the exercise had not only allied himself with an armed enemy of the United States, he had become a part of the enemy's command structure. He is thus an enemy combatant, NOT an American (regardless of where he was born) and subject to being taken out whenever and wherever the situation permits. I see no problem with ordering the elimination of an enemy command target, none whatsoever.

I think it's called the "Global War on Terrorism". I really don't care what it is called. In case you forgot, these people started this with an unprovoked attack on our nation on 11 September, 2001. We are going to finish it, along with finishing Al Quaeda and its allies, however long that takes, and no matter how many enemy bodies we have to pile up, blow up, vaporize, or otherwise destroy in the process. That specifically includes any "American" who becomes a soldier and/or commander in the enemy cause. Had I been personally ordered to hunt down and execute this dirtbag, I would have had no problem whatever obeying that order. The same goes for anyone else who allies himself/herself with an armed foreign enemy in combat against the United States of America. Such a person becomes, by that act, a foreign enemy combatant, no longer subject to the protections provided by the constitution of the United States.

You do realize obama used Americas military to help Al Quaeda in libya?

I think it's called the "Global War on Terrorism". I really don't care what it is called. In case you forgot, these people started this with an unprovoked attack on our nation on 11 September, 2001. We are going to finish it, along with finishing Al Quaeda and its allies, however long that takes, and no matter how many enemy bodies we have to pile up, blow up, vaporize, or otherwise destroy in the process. That specifically includes any "American" who becomes a soldier and/or commander in the enemy cause. Had I been personally ordered to hunt down and execute this dirtbag, I would have had no problem whatever obeying that order. The same goes for anyone else who allies himself/herself with an armed foreign enemy in combat against the United States of America. Such a person becomes, by that act, a foreign enemy combatant, no longer subject to the protections provided by the constitution of the United States.

Yeah, that truly bug's me.

Like I said most will cheer what's happening because it's Americas "enemy" But when we trun around and help the people we are still fighting something is not right with the system. People need to get oiff this joy juice they are drinking and get away from the political fog and clear their heads before they cheer themself into something they will not be able to escape from.

Like I said most will cheer what's happening because it's Americas "enemy" But when we trun around and help the people we are still fighting something is not right with the system. People need to get oiff this joy juice they are drinking and get away from the political fog and clear their heads before they cheer themself into something they will not be able to escape from.

Hey, when Mexico starts building the Wall to keep us out, start worrying. ;) :D

That's spin and you know it.

I've just come into this thread and I was wondering what position you would take.
Especially after your thread suggesting that you would have shot the two cops dead that beat the homeless guy to death, before asking any questions.
In other words, without 'due process'.

Interesting...

I've just come into this thread and I was wondering what position you would take.
Especially after your thread suggesting that you would have shot the two cops dead that beat the homeless guy to death, before asking any questions.

Interesting...

Complex, if he is a Retired NC Cop, and something went down there, he would have every legal Right to actually intervene, not with a gun, but a Badge. Yes he was seriously off base out of State.

There is another scenario, if you were driving in a remote location, and came across two Cop's literally preparing to execute Someone, what would you do if there was a chance to save a Life? I know what BigRebNC would do without asking. ;)

Interesting...

Complex, if he is a Retired NC Cop, and something went down there, he would have every legal Right to actually intervene, not with a gun, but a Badge. Yes he was seriously off base out of State.

There is another scenario, if you were driving in a remote location, and came across two Cop's literally preparing to execute Someone, what would you do if there was a chance to save a Life? I know what BigRebNC would do without asking. ;)

'Complex' is the right word.
Complexity and nuances are seldom allowed for on this forum though I'm afraid.

Personally, I hope I would be able to make a decision that I could live with, and damn the law.

If what I've read about this New Mexican in Yemen is true, then I'm relaxed that he's been killed.
Whether it can be defended legally or not I don't know but it's a good result as far as I'm concerned.
Sometimes, a government needs to take the initiative to protect it's citizens without stopping for permission - surely protecting it's citizens is one of the key roles of government.

Interesting...

How is this comment spin?

You do realize obama used Americas military to help Al Quaeda in libya

The rebel generals admitted that the rebels were Al Quaeda.

to kill two people in order to stop them from killing someone versus going after someone who has been charged with a crime with the specific intent to kill them it to totally different things.

I truely believe that obama's action is totaly politically motivated. The left is going along with it because it's obama doing it the right's going along with it because it what Bush did. something in this mixture isnot quit right.

Interesting...

'Complex' is the right word.
Complexity and nuances are seldom allowed for on this forum though I'm afraid.

Personally, I hope I would be able to make a decision that I could live with, and damn the law.

If what I've read about this New Mexican in Yemen is true, then I'm relaxed that he's been killed.
Whether it can be defended legally or not I don't know but it's a good result as far as I'm concerned.
Sometimes, a government needs to take the initiative to protect it's citizens without stopping for permission - surely protecting it's citizens is one of the key roles of government.

unless all the evidence is presented in a court of law in front of a jury we will never know what is true and what is politically motivated.

Interesting...

I'm a former cop not retired.

I've asked this one time before whats the difference between shooting a gang of thugs to defend a life and two thug cops going way above what they were trained to do?

Hey, when Mexico starts building the Wall to keep us out, start worrying. ;) :D

:lol:

When they join a terrorist organization and take up arms against and plot to kill Americans...
Why is this even a question?
I don't know, Rozman. We have some sensitive people who aren't sure an American can be an enemy when he coordinates amenities for 9/11 hijackers (3 of them) which results in the deaths of 3,000 Americans, and his phone cell calls implicate him in every terrorist attack and wannabe terrorist attackon American soil that's happened in the past few years. I think the last straw may have been the Fort Hood incident when the shooter contacted him several times before actually committing the treason and murders against 12 fellow Americans.

Some are confused about whether to try this moron in court first or just take him out. Why give these terrorists a soapbox when they've already taken out thousands of Americans and want a bigger, bloodier tally yet plus the bonus of cry towelling the people of this nation which could get really divisive and nastier than it already is.

Interesting...

You do realize obama used Americas military to help Al Quaeda in libya

to kill two people in order to stop them from killing someone versus going after someone who has been charged with a crime with the specific intent to kill them it to totally different things.

I truely believe that obama's action is totaly politically motivated. The left is going along with it because it's obama doing it the right's going along with it because it what Bush did. something in this mixture isnot quit right.

Maybe your position is politically motivated.
Take your spin on Libya for example.

I would say that 'going after someone who has been charged with a crime...' shows some due process, as opposed to shooting someone on the spot.

I'm not saying it is legal or not...I'm not a lawyer, and I suspect neither are you.
But, at the end of it all, if this guy has been up to what they say he has been, then I'm happy that he's dead and that your government did it.

Just as an aside...was OBL ever tried and convicted and sentenced to death following 'due process'?

Interesting...

I would say that 'going after someone who has been charged with a crime...' shows some due process, as opposed to shooting someone on the spot.

I'm not saying it is legal or not...I'm not a lawyer, and I suspect neither are you.
But, at the end of it all, if this guy has been up to what they say he has been, then I'm happy that he's dead and that your government did it.

Just as an aside...was OBL ever tried and convicted and sentenced to death following 'due process'?

Before we go in further I want you to explain how is what I said spin?

Here's the comment that your saying I spined on

Al Quaeda is the enemy. obama used Americas military in support of the libyan rebel who were Al Quaeda the same people we are still fighting. Since when is the truth spin?

Al Quaeda is the enemy. obama used Americas military in support of the libyan rebel who were Al Quaeda the same people we are still fighting. Since when is the truth spin?

Because the Libyan rebels are not Al Quaeda.
Sure, there are Al Quaeda elements in there but that isn't the same thing.
Al Quaeda will also be hoping to get some sort of spin-off from the revolution but the rebels are not Al Quaeda.

Because the Libyan rebels are not Al Quaeda.
Sure, there are Al Quaeda elements in there but that isn't the same thing.
Al Quaeda will also be hoping to get some sort of spin-off from the revolution but the rebels are not Al Quaeda.

It was confirmed by the rebel generals that the rebels were Al Quaeda. Do you have anything else to offer?

What? Are you insane? This is a war which will never be won. It it a war raging now for eons. Our little part of it has us too near bankruptcy now. Only a meglomanic could dream of victory. Every life and dollar expended there is wasted.
This continuous state of war is a direct result of the Military Industrial Complex we were warned about.

Forum List

Back