Assholes making trouble in Oregon

Actually, I re-read it, and there is no such sliver of redeeming technicality.

Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."

This satisfies that criteria fully.

so all those various fuck the police protests fit the bill as well

So, it looks like the patriots here can't make the event because either it's just going to take too gosh darn long to get there (though the militia stated they will be there for a long time) or is short on cash for transportation. Meh, I guess they can't be bothered.

ISIS is not impressed.

These 'patriots' might be a little discouraged when they look at the weather there. Also the fact that in the 50 miles there is damned little between there and Burns. Kind of hard to find a place to get a few six packs out there.

These 'patriots' might be a little discouraged when they look at the weather there. Also the fact that in the 50 miles there is damned little between there and Burns. Kind of hard to find a place to get a few six packs out there.

They're probably going to need to bring their own toilet paper too. These things add up people!

This Cowpuncher Caliphate is good for a few laughs and perfect fodder for the next Coen Bros. movie, but I don't think they can be classified as terrorists, not yet anyway.

It is merely armed sedition at this point, and perhaps some kind of felony charge for busting in taking over a building that belongs to everyone in that state, not the out-of-staters who've decided to take it.

Now I feel that the additional time given the Hammond's is wrong, and I hope that they win their freedom, and are compensated for the trouble. But that in no way makes up for what these dingbat people are doing down at the Refuge. One other point, that is a game refuge. If the assholes start shooting any of the animals or birds down there, they need to be given the maximum for poaching and destruction of government property. Consectutive terms, not concurrent.

What our Government did was they retried him for a crime already served and did a new trial without a jury on a different charge.
What they did is illegal, but they think they can get away with it because they are the powers that be.

Occupying public property is now terrorism. Unless you're left-wing, then it's "social justice" (Occupy Wall Street).

well of course. we have to remember that double standard. this public property was stolen by the Guberment so it will be classified as , Terrorism
What a lying little bitch you are. That property was the governments from the start. The only people prior to that that might have had a claim on it are the Piute Indians. And now it is closed to the public, the people that own it, because we have a bunch of blood thirsty idiots squatting on it. There are none of the locals there, they told the whackos they wanted no part of their insanity. Even the Hammond's told them that. But the goofballs went ahead and occupied the Malhuer buildings because they were told that if they tried that in Burns, the locals were going to stomp their scuzzy asses.

Yet a bunch of outsiders came in and tried to get rid of Gov. Scott over the will of the majority of locals.
Don't know who you are, and don't give a damn. This is not about Gov. Scott, or anybody else. This is a matter concerning a ranch family in Harney County, Oregon, and the people of Harney County don't want these damned blood thirsty idiots there, or anywhere near there.

My point was that people come in from other areas all the time to interfere with local political issues.
I think local politics should stay with the locals. Not outsiders.

Maybe they will get away with charging them with terrorism. The law was written poorly enough that they might make it stick, but I am sure that this will be taken all the way to the Supreme Court unless the Feds back down.

Occupying public property is now terrorism. Unless you're left-wing, then it's "social justice" (Occupy Wall Street).

well of course. we have to remember that double standard. this public property was stolen by the Guberment so it will be classified as , Terrorism
What a lying little bitch you are. That property was the governments from the start. The only people prior to that that might have had a claim on it are the Piute Indians. And now it is closed to the public, the people that own it, because we have a bunch of blood thirsty idiots squatting on it. There are none of the locals there, they told the whackos they wanted no part of their insanity. Even the Hammond's told them that. But the goofballs went ahead and occupied the Malhuer buildings because they were told that if they tried that in Burns, the locals were going to stomp their scuzzy asses.

Yet a bunch of outsiders came in and tried to get rid of Gov. Scott over the will of the majority of locals.
Don't know who you are, and don't give a damn. This is not about Gov. Scott, or anybody else. This is a matter concerning a ranch family in Harney County, Oregon, and the people of Harney County don't want these damned blood thirsty idiots there, or anywhere near there.

My point was that people come in from other areas all the time to interfere with local political issues.
I think local politics should stay with the locals. Not outsiders.
They came in with guns, and the first people they aggressed were local people in Burns. They are not wanted there, and best leave quickly. If they can. A number of serious laws have already been broken by their actions.

If you really believe in the 2nd Amendment as an absolute right and consider yourself a Patriot then here's your chance to show it. You're been called up and now it's time to put up or shut up. Do you have the balls or do you just run your mouth????

Ammon Bundy posted a video on his Facebook page asking for militia members to come help him. He said "this is not a time to stand down. It's a time to stand up and come to Harney County," where Burns is located. Below the video is this statement: "(asterisk)(asterisk)ALL PATRIOTS ITS TIME TO STAND UP NOT STAND DOWN!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! COME PREPARED."

Militia members occupy US building in Oregon after protest

Sounds like a bunch of whining white guys who want to be able to break the law with no consequences. And they are tying up the fbi when they should be trying to stop terrorists.

The Government has labeled the rancher as a terrorist. He did his time for that and the Government wants him to do a longer sentence. That is Government abuse.

Why is it OK for a bunch of whining Black guys (Black lives matter) who want to be able to break the law with no consequences, but not a bunch of whining white guys? as you put it.

Lets face it.
Our Government has become an abusive overreacting tyrant.

I dont like black lives matter either for the same reason. Our government is not a tyrant. The laws are clear and easy to follow. It's criminals who have the problem with the government. Don't break the law and you are fine. Go someplace with a real tyrant and learn.

Maybe most low information lefties failed English 101 which is why they fail to understand the difference between domestic terrorism and and the 1st Amendment. It's easy if you look at rationally. College professor and democrat party guru Bill Ayers was a domestic terrorist. His wife was a domestic terrorist. Those Russians who set off bombs at the Boston Marathon are domestic and international terrorists. People who make bombs are terrorists. College kids who occupy a building aren't terrorists, OWS thugs who occupy a park may be junkie rapists but they aren't terrorists. People who protest BLM regulations may or may not be right but they certainly aren't terrorists.

Maybe they will get away with charging them with terrorism. The law was written poorly enough that they might make it stick, but I am sure that this will be taken all the way to the Supreme Court unless the Feds back down.

Which is the point that the protesters are trying to do.
They got them to back down before so we will see if the Feds back down again or if it goes to the Supreme Court.
Looks like they think it will have to go the Supreme Court and why they are saying they are there for long haul.

I am truly disappointed in the so-called "Patriots" in this forum. Obviously they don't care enough to go and help their fellow Patriots when called to do so. Here was the perfect chance to show everyone that they believe in a free America and the 2nd Amendment and what do they do? Simply sit on their asses and flap their jaws. They obviously don't have the balls to go do their Patriotic duty and are content to let their fellow Patriots twist in the wind. Bunch of chickenshit, ball-less bastards.

(Sarcasm intentional to show their do-nothing, jaw flappin hypocrisy.)

Come on man, motorized Lazy Boys are expensive.

I hate domestic terrorists. HATE!!! First they commit arson and get convicted and now they illegally occupy a fed bldg. knowing the consequences.

Totally Agree.

This is nothing more than an act of RW Terrorism. Feds should move in and arrest each and every one of asshole's.

Which is the point that the protesters are trying to do.
They got them to back down before so we will see if the Feds back down again or if it goes to the Supreme Court.
Looks like they think it will have to go the Supreme Court and why they are saying they are there for long haul.

Do they have the right to shoot anyone who attempts to arrest them?

If you really believe in the 2nd Amendment as an absolute right and consider yourself a Patriot then here's your chance to show it. You're been called up and now it's time to put up or shut up. Do you have the balls or do you just run your mouth????

Ammon Bundy posted a video on his Facebook page asking for militia members to come help him. He said "this is not a time to stand down. It's a time to stand up and come to Harney County," where Burns is located. Below the video is this statement: "(asterisk)(asterisk)ALL PATRIOTS ITS TIME TO STAND UP NOT STAND DOWN!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! COME PREPARED."

Militia members occupy US building in Oregon after protest

Sounds like a bunch of whining white guys who want to be able to break the law with no consequences. And they are tying up the fbi when they should be trying to stop terrorists.

The Government has labeled the rancher as a terrorist. He did his time for that and the Government wants him to do a longer sentence. That is Government abuse.

Why is it OK for a bunch of whining Black guys (Black lives matter) who want to be able to break the law with no consequences, but not a bunch of whining white guys? as you put it.

Lets face it.
Our Government has become an abusive overreacting tyrant.

I dont like black lives matter either for the same reason. Our government is not a tyrant. The laws are clear and easy to follow. It's criminals who have the problem with the government. Don't break the law and you are fine. Go someplace with a real tyrant and learn.

Then what do you call what they just did?
The retried him on a new charge without a jury.

Forum List

Back