Assume the President is Right about the Media

Pipelines are being built and coal mines are being reopened. This is dropping the costs of energy worldwide and putting money in your pocket. Repeal and replace and tax reform are expected to pass within the first 100 days that's the fastest pace any president has ever set.

Energy is already low .

So because energy is low today means it will be low forever? You better look back at history and think that out a bit.

At least partially. How does whining about it over and over make America great again? How does it pass tax reform? Immigration reform? How does that work?
When did that happen?

What a shame the fake journalists don't ask questions about important stuff. Instead they use their moment to engage in asshattery, then piss themselves when he pwns them.

"Aren’t you doing a terrible disservice to the Constitution and to the American people by criticizing the media?” And there it was. Sure as I’m sitting here watching, there it was. They can sit here all day and not just criticize. They can try to destroy people. They can — using whatever power they think they have been granted by the First Amendment — go out and literally destroy people. Let Trump criticize the way they do their jobs, and all of a sudden it’s a constitutional crisis. Well, how about Obama trashing me all the time?

"How about Obama trashing Fox News all the time? Was that not a threat to the First Amendment? No, they applauded that. They still do applaud that. They join in the attacks on Fox News — and, more often than not, they join in attacks on me, too. But they want you to believe that they are this watchdog and that they’re holding truth to power, that they’re holding powerful people accountable. They’re not doing anything of the sort. The press has gotten to the point where they need a watchdog, and it turns out that Trump is the watchdog!

"Trump is the guy holding them accountable.

"Trump is the guy calling them out. I’ve never seen anything like this today. I have never seen it. We have wanted Republican presidents all of my life to deal with these people this way, and the only thing we ever got was Spiro Agnew. We’ve not seen anything like this, and Trump did it with an air of confidence and self-assuredness. He was not nervous at all. He was having fun with them. He was toying with them. It’s like if you got a cat. You know how you get these little laser pointers and you have a little kitten or a cat and the cat goes nuts chasing the light? It will run into a wall."

Trump Triumphs Over Press | Rush

I agree with this and the other responses. The media is bad. What I don't get is how on earth this helps advance policy and legislative changes. It just seems like a bunch of thin-skinned malarkey to me that detracts from some things that need to get done.

Look at it this way, the people believe the media. That's it in a nutshell. The politicians (Congress and Senate) need public support to advance and pass policies. Without public support, some or many are likely to shy away from bills that may help things like our economy, safety, and national interests.

After reporting that Trump is not doing anything different than Obama when it comes to deportation, then came the protests, kids walking out of class, Congress critters from the left bashing Trump. This is the kind of control the media has over us.

Trump called them out on the mat today. He's not going to talk or give interviews to media that's going to promote lies like this one. That means if they want a real story, they are going to have to play straight with Trump and thus, giving us (the public) the truth about polices. If they are pressured into telling the truth, then it helps politicians get the support they need to pass (or remove) legislation.

You and I don't believe the media. We are part of the public. You think we're the only two that gets that the media is biased? Everyone else is ignorant? My advice to the President is to do what President Reagan did. Just enact stuff and they'll talk about the substance of your policy. All this carping about the media sounds like snowflake talk to me.

You and I are not the majority of people. Remember that you're in a forum of people that do follow politics and polices; most people don't.

Most people are headline voters. They read a few sentences and vote accordingly. Thanks to the media, many think that Russia actually rigged our election. Thanks to media, people think that Democrats care about the working man and Republicans only care about the rich.

Unless you can show me different, the media tells people how to think.

The way everybody was flipping over freedom of the.press, I thought he had literally ignored cnn and the msm.

He didnt. He answered their stupid fucking questions, even though everybody knows they are liars and traitors. So the media is.actually lying about him refusing to talk to the.media.

Essentially what they are pissed about is what he says to and about them. They don't want him to say that stuff. And they don't wantbhim to talk to anybody else.

So it's the msm who is.seeking to shut down free speech, and block access to the.prez.

Moronic promises like what? If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance? The average family will save over $2,500 a year in insurance costs? Nobody making less than 250K a year will see a new tax increase of any kind? Shovel ready jobs?

Thank goodness that demagogue Obama is long gone.

Defend THIS moronic promise...." I will repeal Obamacare and I have a plan.....from day ONE.....that will insure EVERYONE, with better coverage and CHEAPER".......

Well, raygun, day ONE has long passed...........LOL

The way everybody was flipping over freedom of the.press, I thought he had literally ignored cnn and the msm.

He didnt. He answered their stupid fucking questions, even though everybody knows they are liars and traitors. So the media is.actually lying about him refusing to talk to the.media.

Essentially what they are pissed about is what he says to and about them. They don't want him to say that stuff. And they don't wantbhim to talk to anybody else.

So it's the msm who is.seeking to shut down free speech, and block access to the.prez.

CNN and others have been getting away with their crap for decades now, and not many have called them out on it.

It's the practice of politicians not to attack their media attackers, so the war plan begins. MSM gets away with their twists and misinformation, and the politicians sit there quietly and just let it blow over. That's the politically expedient thing to do.

But because it's been a successful and well practiced strategy for MSM, now they have to figure out something else. If they don't, the Donald will go on Twitter and even in front of the entire country and tell people the truth about what MSM is doing and why.

Yesterday, the President even said he doesn't mind negative reporting about him, as long as the reporting is honest. How could anybody but a leftist see that as unfair?

At least partially. How does whining about it over and over make America great again? How does it pass tax reform? Immigration reform? How does that work?
Whenever the media comes out with something the Trump administration does not like, they scream 'fake news'.

When you just sit back and take the bullshit from career bullshitters all day every day, you end up looking like the timid little pussies Gingrich and Dubya Bush.

If you think that people in flyover country aren't equally repulsed by the bi-costal media buffoonery and outright lying, you better check your election results again.
Yes, the majority did not vote for Trump.

When you just sit back and take the bullshit from career bullshitters all day every day, you end up looking like the timid little pussies Gingrich and Dubya Bush.

If you think that people in flyover country aren't equally repulsed by the bi-costal media buffoonery and outright lying, you better check your election results again.
Yep....Trump won with a mandate....

Moronic promises like what? If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance? The average family will save over $2,500 a year in insurance costs? Nobody making less than 250K a year will see a new tax increase of any kind? Shovel ready jobs?

Thank goodness that demagogue Obama is long gone.

Defend THIS moronic promise...." I will repeal Obamacare and I have a plan.....from day ONE.....that will insure EVERYONE, with better coverage and CHEAPER".......

Well, raygun, day ONE has long passed...........LOL

So correct. How can we compare that to the lie that cost many people their healthcare coverage and possibly ruined our entire system forever? Since Commie Care began, it cost the public billions of dollars in fines; mostly from people that didn't have the money to afford coverage.

Only a liberal would compare a time frame to government taking over one-sixth of our entire economy.

This so-called president does not care about Congress, not the Judiciary. Although they are all, in theory, co-equal branches of the federal government. This is explained by how Donald Trump sees the office of President. The Constitution gives the Executive a great deal of power in governing. How one man can have so much power is a weakness of the American system. The Constitution gave a lot of attention to the Legislature and to the Courts but not to the Executive which is why is can so easily be abused. There is to be a check on the President by Congress but when we consider that Trump got elected as a Republican and that the Republicans control all law-making with half the Supreme Court nominated by Republicans and considered conservative, well, there is no stopping Trump. He does not need Congress to rule because he can sign Executive Orders for the next four years and whine about the only institution that can hold him to a standard, the Fourth Estate, a free press.

When did that happen?

What a shame the fake journalists don't ask questions about important stuff. Instead they use their moment to engage in asshattery, then piss themselves when he pwns them.

"Aren’t you doing a terrible disservice to the Constitution and to the American people by criticizing the media?” And there it was. Sure as I’m sitting here watching, there it was. They can sit here all day and not just criticize. They can try to destroy people. They can — using whatever power they think they have been granted by the First Amendment — go out and literally destroy people. Let Trump criticize the way they do their jobs, and all of a sudden it’s a constitutional crisis. Well, how about Obama trashing me all the time?

"How about Obama trashing Fox News all the time? Was that not a threat to the First Amendment? No, they applauded that. They still do applaud that. They join in the attacks on Fox News — and, more often than not, they join in attacks on me, too. But they want you to believe that they are this watchdog and that they’re holding truth to power, that they’re holding powerful people accountable. They’re not doing anything of the sort. The press has gotten to the point where they need a watchdog, and it turns out that Trump is the watchdog!

"Trump is the guy holding them accountable.

"Trump is the guy calling them out. I’ve never seen anything like this today. I have never seen it. We have wanted Republican presidents all of my life to deal with these people this way, and the only thing we ever got was Spiro Agnew. We’ve not seen anything like this, and Trump did it with an air of confidence and self-assuredness. He was not nervous at all. He was having fun with them. He was toying with them. It’s like if you got a cat. You know how you get these little laser pointers and you have a little kitten or a cat and the cat goes nuts chasing the light? It will run into a wall."

Trump Triumphs Over Press | Rush

I agree with this and the other responses. The media is bad. What I don't get is how on earth this helps advance policy and legislative changes. It just seems like a bunch of thin-skinned malarkey to me that detracts from some things that need to get done.

Look at it this way, the people believe the media. That's it in a nutshell. The politicians (Congress and Senate) need public support to advance and pass policies. Without public support, some or many are likely to shy away from bills that may help things like our economy, safety, and national interests.

After reporting that Trump is not doing anything different than Obama when it comes to deportation, then came the protests, kids walking out of class, Congress critters from the left bashing Trump. This is the kind of control the media has over us.

Trump called them out on the mat today. He's not going to talk or give interviews to media that's going to promote lies like this one. That means if they want a real story, they are going to have to play straight with Trump and thus, giving us (the public) the truth about polices. If they are pressured into telling the truth, then it helps politicians get the support they need to pass (or remove) legislation.

You and I don't believe the media. We are part of the public. You think we're the only two that gets that the media is biased? Everyone else is ignorant? My advice to the President is to do what President Reagan did. Just enact stuff and they'll talk about the substance of your policy. All this carping about the media sounds like snowflake talk to me.

You and I are not the majority of people. Remember that you're in a forum of people that do follow politics and polices; most people don't.

Most people are headline voters. They read a few sentences and vote accordingly. Thanks to the media, many think that Russia actually rigged our election. Thanks to media, people think that Democrats care about the working man and Republicans only care about the rich.

Unless you can show me different, the media tells people how to think.
I don't think you are giving your fellow Americans sufficient credit. Just my opinion.

When did Trump whine about it? We don't all live in your little hate bubble so you need to be specific.

And I don't have to assume jack shit. I've said for decades they are ajoke. Republicans get treated one way, Democrats the other.

Please note I said "flyover country", where Cheeto Jesus won in a total romp.

And, yes, they are sick of the bi-costal commie bullshit.

When did Trump whine about it? We don't all live in your little hate bubble so you need to be specific.

And I don't have to assume jack shit. I've said for decades they are ajoke. Republicans get treated one way, Democrats the other.

Sounds like you're upset. President Trump strikes me as the political version of Jim Boeheim whining incessantly about the refs. A coach like Coach K at Duke deals with bad calls and moves on. We can disagree as to whether President Trump appears to be whining, sounds like we do indeed disagree. My point/question is: How does all this yapping about the media help make American great? Pivot to policy and you win. Keep talking about the media and you distract from what we could get done otherwise.

Most people I know realize the media is biased and they take that into account when they consume news. I don't need to preach to anyone about it, there's plenty of noise out there on the subject to enlighten those less aware. This whole subject in my mind distracts from getting stuff done. People who work for me at the fry station who just complain about how unfairly they are treated don't normally make productive workers.

That's just the view from here in my "hate bubble."

Your pal,

Dimmy

We need to ALWAYS consider the filter that the media will place between us and the Truth.

Otherwise are making decisions based on lies.

We need to do this until it becomes as automatic as breathing.

You're presuming that there's not a desired favorable outcome in the tactic of calling out the media on their bullshit.

I'd say it's a foolish assumption to think that Trump took the time recapping all the fake news of the last couple weeks, just to hear his head rattle.

We need to ALWAYS consider the filter that the media will place between us and the Truth.

I am pretty much against telling people how and what to think. That's why I don't take anything any part of the media says as absolute truth. Nor do I waste my time trying to convince other people how to think about what they hear on the media. They are adults and a surprising number of them understand the media is biased.

My question remains. How on earth does President Trump making this a major portion of his pronouncements help move forward policy agendas that I desperately want enacted? I believe it isn't helpful, in fact it is harmful and distracting. Some people make the "he's distracting everyone with all this chatter but secretly he's moving forward on tax reform etc." But honestly I just haven't seen anything other than some fits and starts that themselves were flawed (Muslim ban rollout, e.g.)

I am pretty much against telling people how and what to think. That's why I don't take anything any part of the media says as absolute truth. Nor do I waste my time trying to convince other people how to think about what they hear on the media. They are adults and a surprising number of them understand the media is biased.

My question remains. How on earth does President Trump making this a major portion of his pronouncements help move forward policy agendas that I desperately want enacted? I believe it isn't helpful, in fact it is harmful and distracting. Some people make the "he's distracting everyone with all this chatter but secretly he's moving forward on tax reform etc." But honestly I just haven't seen anything other than some fits and starts that themselves were flawed (Muslim ban rollout, e.g.)

Because if he allows the media to define reality, they will tell the people that he is bad, and his proposals are bad.

Then nothing will be done, because the people will stop supporting the policies.

The media has to be fought every single day, on every single issue, or we lose it all.

Sounds like you're upset. President Trump strikes me as the political version of Jim Boeheim whining incessantly about the refs. A coach like Coach K at Duke deals with bad calls and moves on. We can disagree as to whether President Trump appears to be whining, sounds like we do indeed disagree. My point/question is: How does all this yapping about the media help make American great? Pivot to policy and you win. Keep talking about the media and you distract from what we could get done otherwise.

Most people I know realize the media is biased and they take that into account when they consume news. I don't need to preach to anyone about it, there's plenty of noise out there on the subject to enlighten those less aware. This whole subject in my mind distracts from getting stuff done. People who work for me at the fry station who just complain about how unfairly they are treated don't normally make productive workers.

That's just the view from here in my "hate bubble."

Your pal,

Dimmy
Dummy is more like it. How did you see upsetness from:

"When did Trump whine about it? We don't all live in your little hate bubble so you need to be specific.

And I don't have to assume jack shit. I've said for decades they are a joke. Republicans get treated one way, Democrats the other."

Trump has talked a lot about policy and is working on it. You're the one trying to label whines as anything you find less than convenient. It ain't my problem when you look stupid and intolerant.

Forum List

Back