At best, racist....?

As a Christian, you should know the first basic thing God said regarding nations. "I shall curse those who curse thee, and bless those who bless thee."

You're a Christian?

If you are, going against the Jews is betraying God.

Betraying God, or betraying America? Mhmmm. I think you're doing both.

As a Christian the Old Testament means less than squat as our Jesus Christ said:

in Luke 22:20, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

And, Heb. 8:13 which says, "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear."

I would not bring up our bible Hoss.

"For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

Thessalonians 2:14-6
I don't have any truck with that gobbletygook.

There's a surprise!
I'm strictly OT.

Favorite book? Gotta be Joshua for me. Talk about one badass warrior!
Yep, Joshua kicked butt and took names. Took no prisoners and wore big ol' hobnailed Jesus sandals. Mean dude.

Why don't you support America instead of Israel. You are one traitorous piece of shit. We are a Christian country Hoss, we believe in Jesus Christ, the Jews don't.

As a Christian, you should know the first basic thing God said regarding nations. "I shall curse those who curse thee, and bless those who bless thee."

You're a Christian?

As as a Jew you should know it was not God talking, quit trying use the Bible to make a case. Going against the Jews is not betraying God, arrogance here.

Ben Gurion and Hertzl , two atheist, has beens who mean jack today. Worship them all you want , but times have changed.

All ethic groups what do you think the US is. You didn't mind living in Germany, then or now, and most of you love the good old USA and France, but your country is for yous, arrogance is not a a virture.

As a Christian the Old Testament means less than squat as our Jesus Christ said:

in Luke 22:20, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

And, Heb. 8:13 which says, "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear."

"For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

I don't have any truck with that gobbletygook.

There's a surprise!
I'm strictly OT.

Favorite book? Gotta be Joshua for me. Talk about one badass warrior!
Yep, Joshua kicked butt and took names. Took no prisoners and wore big ol' hobnailed Jesus sandals. Mean dude.

It's a shame there are far too many Woody Allen's and enough Joshuas' amongst Jewry today. At least the Israeli army seems to be reversing that tide. :D

Why don't you support America instead of Israel. You are one traitorous piece of shit. We are a Christian country Hoss, we believe in Jesus Christ, the Jews don't.

You're a Christian?

As as a Jew you should know it was not God talking, quit trying use the Bible to make a case. Going against the Jews is not betraying God, arrogance here.

Ben Gurion and Hertzl , two atheist, has beens who mean jack today. Worship them all you want , but times have changed.

All ethic groups what do you think the US is. You didn't mind living in Germany, then or now, and most of you love the good old USA and France, but your country is for yous, arrogance is not a a virture.
Are you a preacher now?

You're a Christian?

America is only for white people, Penny. Everyone knows that.

Why are you pretending to be a Christian?

Do you think any but your fellow antisemites are buying it?

He tries hard enough trying to convince the viewers; however, has anyone seen Mr. S. on any other forums discussing what the Muslims are doing to Christians in the Middle East as well as in the rest of the Muslim world? Strange how he seems so quiet about what his brethren are doing, and only gets on his high horse when the Jews are concerned. Can anyone see Mr. S. go to some Muslim country and start preaching from the New Testament as he is doing here? Does anyone think he is concerned with the Christian communities being wiped out in the rest of the Middle East?

Israel Approves New Controversial Nationality Bill News teleSUR

Opponents say the new bill will further discriminate against Israel's minority populations and cause a stronger rift between Israelis and Palestinians.

The Israeli cabinet approved a controversial new bill on Sunday that will officially enshrine into law Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people, undermining the rights of minorities in the country.
Opponents of the bill, including cabinet ministers and rights groups, have called the bill racist as it defines “national rights” as being for Jews only. Currently, Christians and Muslims make up about 20 percent of Israel's population.

The bill will recognize Israel's Jewish character above all others and institutionalize Jewish law, using it as an inspiration for legislation. It will also de-list Arabic as a second official language.

According to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, everyone would have equal civil rights, however, “there are national rights only for the Jewish people - a flag, anthem, the right of every Jew to immigrate to Israel and other national symbols.”

The bill titled “Israel, the Nation-State of the Jewish People,” was passed 14-6, while cabinet members who opposed it called it extreme, and effaces the democratic nature of the state.

It also undermines the possibility of a two-state solution between Israel and Palestine, at a time when relations between the two sides have been increasingly tense.

Zahava Gal-On – chairwoman of Meretz, a secular party that advocates for a two-state solution – said that Netanyahu and his right-wing coalition partners are committing a “crime against Israeli democracy, and will be responsible for one of the blackest stains on Israeli law.”

According to Netanyahu, the bill is necessary because too many people have been challenging the notion of Israel as a Jewish state.
“There are many who are challenging Israel’s character as the national state of the Jewish people. The Palestinians refuse to recognize this and there is also opposition from within,” he said.

“Neither do I understand those who are calling for two states for two peoples but who also oppose anchoring this in law. They are pleased to recognize a Palestinian national state but strongly oppose a Jewish national state.”

A Palestinian is a Palestinian national state and Palestinians comprise Muslims, Christians, Jews though the Jews are now Israeli. It's not a Muslim national state. It's not a Christian national state.

Israel was an Israeli national state - with a pluralistic population dominated by Jewish religion and ethinicity. It recognizes itself as a Jewish state. Why do they need a law enshrining one religion like this? I think it's going to further inflame an already bad situation.

'Why do they need a law enshirining one religion like this'?

Because folks from the Liberal left constantly try to erase the Jewish identity of the state, turning it into state of all ethnic groups, and that was not the vision of Ben Gurion and Hertzl, both of them, btw, were Liberals.

Except you have a substantial minority of non-Jews as well. You have a substantial and recognized Jewish majority and are internationally recognized as a Jewish state in culture and governance and population. It's de-facto. The only purpose of that this legislation serves is to further DIVIDE your nation in terms of rights and citizenship. You like to claim you have all these minorities and they have equal rights etc etc and then you also want to have a law in place that reminds them they are not equal.

Just for example, the US is Christian majority demographically and culturally. The primary holidays that are state recognized are usually Christian. However - cities, towns and communities that have substantial populations of other religions also recognize other holidays. We don't have a law and would never have a law that would state only Christian holidays, symbols etc can be recognized in what is a Christian dominant but very pluralistic society. The US though, does have a clearly marked separation of church and state that Israel does not - but it's not just that. It's respecting the traditions and beliefs of others.

Let me ask you this. Mrs. Livni pointed out in her objection to the law that since the Jewish character of the state is declared in the Independence Scroll, what is believed to be Israel's "first constitution", then there is no need for it to be constructed by law.

But the scroll also states that Israel, by giving full rights to evetyone, should be democratic, and those things ARE insured by the Basic Law of human freedom and dignity. Why was there a need for that basic law, if all this was ensured in the scroll? If there is something stating that Israel is democratic, let is be also be stated it's JEWISH.

It's only fair...

Why is it only fair? Can it be truly democratic and also legally Jewish with a law that divides rights along religious lines?

It is undeniably Jewish. Why does it need a further and very divisive law that is not well regarded by the nation's many minorities and by it's secular community?

I'm considered secular Jew, with religious roots, and not only I'm not against this, but I find it honorable. So please, refrain from talking in behalf of secular Jews, it is laughable.

You're a Christian?

Your Jesus Christ was a Jew. Cursing the Jews means cursing Jesus.

And that's pure logic, that I now use.

Opponents say the new bill will further discriminate against Israel's minority populations and cause a stronger rift between Israelis and Palestinians.

The Israeli cabinet approved a controversial new bill on Sunday that will officially enshrine into law Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people, undermining the rights of minorities in the country.
Opponents of the bill, including cabinet ministers and rights groups, have called the bill racist as it defines “national rights” as being for Jews only. Currently, Christians and Muslims make up about 20 percent of Israel's population.

The bill will recognize Israel's Jewish character above all others and institutionalize Jewish law, using it as an inspiration for legislation. It will also de-list Arabic as a second official language.

According to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, everyone would have equal civil rights, however, “there are national rights only for the Jewish people - a flag, anthem, the right of every Jew to immigrate to Israel and other national symbols.”

The bill titled “Israel, the Nation-State of the Jewish People,” was passed 14-6, while cabinet members who opposed it called it extreme, and effaces the democratic nature of the state.

It also undermines the possibility of a two-state solution between Israel and Palestine, at a time when relations between the two sides have been increasingly tense.

Zahava Gal-On – chairwoman of Meretz, a secular party that advocates for a two-state solution – said that Netanyahu and his right-wing coalition partners are committing a “crime against Israeli democracy, and will be responsible for one of the blackest stains on Israeli law.”

According to Netanyahu, the bill is necessary because too many people have been challenging the notion of Israel as a Jewish state.
“There are many who are challenging Israel’s character as the national state of the Jewish people. The Palestinians refuse to recognize this and there is also opposition from within,” he said.

“Neither do I understand those who are calling for two states for two peoples but who also oppose anchoring this in law. They are pleased to recognize a Palestinian national state but strongly oppose a Jewish national state.”

A Palestinian is a Palestinian national state and Palestinians comprise Muslims, Christians, Jews though the Jews are now Israeli. It's not a Muslim national state. It's not a Christian national state.

Israel was an Israeli national state - with a pluralistic population dominated by Jewish religion and ethinicity. It recognizes itself as a Jewish state. Why do they need a law enshrining one religion like this? I think it's going to further inflame an already bad situation.

Because folks from the Liberal left constantly try to erase the Jewish identity of the state, turning it into state of all ethnic groups, and that was not the vision of Ben Gurion and Hertzl, both of them, btw, were Liberals.

Except you have a substantial minority of non-Jews as well. You have a substantial and recognized Jewish majority and are internationally recognized as a Jewish state in culture and governance and population. It's de-facto. The only purpose of that this legislation serves is to further DIVIDE your nation in terms of rights and citizenship. You like to claim you have all these minorities and they have equal rights etc etc and then you also want to have a law in place that reminds them they are not equal.

Just for example, the US is Christian majority demographically and culturally. The primary holidays that are state recognized are usually Christian. However - cities, towns and communities that have substantial populations of other religions also recognize other holidays. We don't have a law and would never have a law that would state only Christian holidays, symbols etc can be recognized in what is a Christian dominant but very pluralistic society. The US though, does have a clearly marked separation of church and state that Israel does not - but it's not just that. It's respecting the traditions and beliefs of others.

Let me ask you this. Mrs. Livni pointed out in her objection to the law that since the Jewish character of the state is declared in the Independence Scroll, what is believed to be Israel's "first constitution", then there is no need for it to be constructed by law.

But the scroll also states that Israel, by giving full rights to evetyone, should be democratic, and those things ARE insured by the Basic Law of human freedom and dignity. Why was there a need for that basic law, if all this was ensured in the scroll? If there is something stating that Israel is democratic, let is be also be stated it's JEWISH.

It's only fair...

Why is it only fair? Can it be truly democratic and also legally Jewish with a law that divides rights along religious lines?

It is undeniably Jewish. Why does it need a further and very divisive law that is not well regarded by the nation's many minorities and by it's secular community?

Divide what, exactly?

The ones who stone and burn and terrorize, who happen to have blue ID, don't feel any connection to the state, and don't feel loyal to it. That law won't change the view, because it's already set in stone.

The ones who feel connected won't suddenly feel disconnected because of the law.

Our brother Druze wave the Star of David as their own symbol, and they're no Jews. They see themselves as Zionist, say we share the contract of blood-brotherhood, and they're no Jews. Say it's a Jewish state with Jewish religion, symbols, traditions, and they're no Jews.

Same thing goes for many Christian Arabs.

So why is there a small but loud group that finds this "insulting"?

Many European states have the cross on their flags, obviously saying their main religion is Christianity. Did you hear Jews in those state cry that it is "racist"?

Why any attempt of Jewish self definition is so "insulting" and "unacceptable"?

Hypocrisy and wickedness, that's why!

It's only fair...

Divide what, exactly?

The ones who stone and burn and terrorize, who happen to have blue ID, don't feel any connection to the state, and don't feel loyal to it. That law won't change the view, because it's already set in stone.

The ones who feel connected won't suddenly feel disconnected because of the law.

Our brother Druze wave the Star of David as their own symbol, and they're no Jews. They see themselves as Zionist, say we share the contract of blood-brotherhood, and they're no Jews. Say it's a Jewish state with Jewish religion, symbols, traditions, and they're no Jews.

Same thing goes for many Christian Arabs.

So why is there a small but loud group that finds this "insulting"?

Many European states have the cross on their flags, obviously saying their main religion is Christianity. Did you hear Jews in those state cry that it is "racist"?

Why any attempt of Jewish self definition is so "insulting" and "unacceptable"?

Hypocrisy and wickedness, that's why!

Does it apply to Christian Arabs? I read that many of them are upset at being "recategorized" as "Christian Arabs" split off from Palestinians - a sort of "divide and conquer" strategy employed by Israel.

Do you have any public opinion polls that actually show what the various non-Jewish groups feel about this?

Yes - Many European states have a cross in their flags BUT - do they have constitutional provisions or laws that state only Christians have full national rights? It's about more than a symbol on a flag.

Just as an fyi - when it comes to religion and government, I'm completely opposed to religion or religious law intermixed with governance and national law. That's because, as an American - it is part of my heritage. I don't see much good that has ever come out of religion being involved in government.

America and Israel are different. Just because Israel has westen characteristic aspect, it doesn't mean anything American should be found in Israel.

America and Israel are different. Just because Israel has westen characteristic aspect, it doesn't mean anything American should be found in Israel.

I agree. I'm just explaining where my perspective comes from. Every country has the right to govern itself as it's people see's fit. I don't dispute that. I just think this new law is a bad idea given Israel's minorities and peculiar divisions of citizenship.

To your question, if we take the Druze example, the drafting rate among the Druze stands on 83%, higher than the Jewish community, even. Surprising? not at all.

http://www.aka.idf.il/brothers/skira/default.asp?catId=57472&docId=71043

If we talk about Christian Arabs, I said in the past, my officer in the navy was Christian Arab, and she hated when people refered to her as Palestinian. she insisted on being viewed as Israeli Zionist, believer of Christ. I can't tell you if all of them believe the same regarding that, I take to mind some don't, but there is an increasing amount of Arab Christians who want to blend in the Israeli society, as ISRAELIS, not Palestinians.

To your question, if we take the Druze example, the drafting rate among the Druze stands on 83%, higher than the Jewish community, even. Surprising? not at all.

If we talk about Christian Arabs, I said in the past, my officer in the navy was Christian Arab, and she hated when people refered to her as Palestinian. she insisted on being viewed as Israeli Zionist, believer of Christ. I can't tell you if all of them believe the same regarding that, I take to mind some don't, but there is an increasing amount of Arab Christians who want to blend in the Israeli society, as ISRAELIS, not Palestinians.

ok - but, how do all of these groups feel about this new bit of legislation?

I agree. I'm just explaining where my perspective comes from. Every country has the right to govern itself as it's people see's fit. I don't dispute that. I just think this new law is a bad idea given Israel's minorities and peculiar divisions of citizenship.

I disagree. It doesn't go against the constitutional law of Human freedom, life and dignity. It must go hand in hand with the previous basic law. If it went against it, of course I would agree it's awful. But honestly, if the social rights of Israeli minority can be kept, the objection will be purely out of populist and shallow reasons.

Which is exactly the case in here. Because who goes against that? Livni and Hetzog, both almost didn't cross the threashold of the voters' election, both dreaming of being the next PM. It's laughable. I didn't vote Netanyahu, I think he's bad for us, but it pisses me off the nonstopping attempt to cause a political crisis just to bring him down. It's horrible for the people of Israel, who voted fairly for who they wanted.

And it even more laughable that Tzipi Livni talked about democracy, when two weeks ago she voted for closing a free newspaper, "Israel Today". Isn't closing a newspaper out of political reasons, the core of anti-democracy? What's up with THAT crap?

Since it didn't pass yet, I believe days will tell.

Does it apply to Christian Arabs? I read that many of them are upset at being "recategorized" as "Christian Arabs" split off from Palestinians - a sort of "divide and conquer" strategy employed by Israel.

Do you have any public opinion polls that actually show what the various non-Jewish groups feel about this?

Yes - Many European states have a cross in their flags BUT - do they have constitutional provisions or laws that state only Christians have full national rights? It's about more than a symbol on a flag.

Just as an fyi - when it comes to religion and government, I'm completely opposed to religion or religious law intermixed with governance and national law. That's because, as an American - it is part of my heritage. I don't see much good that has ever come out of religion being involved in government.

I swear, I have never seen anybody indulge in such shamelessly insincere posturing as you.

Arab and Muslim state after Arab and Muslim state define themselves as Islamic yet you devote tens of thousands of postings routinely defending anything and everything associated with Islam as if it were your very mission in life.

Hypocrite much?

I swear, I have never seen anybody indulge in such shamelessly insincere posturing as you.

Arab and Muslim state after Arab and Muslim state define themselves as Islamic yet you devote tens of thousands of postings routinely defending anything and everything associated with Islam as if it were your very mission in life.

Hypocrite much?

Perhaps you can provide links to where I've defended or supported ANY Islamic states and their manner of governance?

I don't expect you can, just like I don't expect you to understand the differences between a religion and a religious government.

Hypocrisy much? Or just more of your typical hate-filled bigotry?

Since it didn't pass yet, I believe days will tell.

I tried to find opinion polls but have not been successful :(

I disagree. It doesn't go against the constitutional law of Human freedom, life and dignity. It must go hand in hand with the previous basic law. If it went against it, of course I would agree it's awful. But honestly, if the social rights of Israeli minority can be kept, the objection will be purely out of populist and shallow reasons.

Which is exactly the case in here. Because who goes against that? Livni and Hetzog, both almost didn't cross the threashold of the voters' election, both dreaming of being the next PM. It's laughable. I didn't vote Netanyahu, I think he's bad for us, but it pisses me off the nonstopping attempt to cause a political crisis just to bring him down. It's horrible for the people of Israel, who voted fairly for who they wanted.

And it even more laughable that Tzipi Livni talked about democracy, when two weeks ago she voted for closing a free newspaper, "Israel Today". Isn't closing a newspaper out of political reasons, the core of anti-democracy? What's up with THAT crap?

I saw something about that - but what does it mean exactly?

Forum List

Back