At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

Look you lil prick. My dogs eat the same food I eat and sleep in my house. They came to live at my house by invitation or were born here at my house. Illegals knew the risk of being detained and locked up when they started coming in illegals. Keep your children in your home country if you don't want them locked up like criminals. You are not doing anything other than insuring everyone knows what a prick you really are. We are not obligated to build houses for illegal aliens and we do not have to make sure that their children are kept in foster homes here either. Keep them where they belong and deport ASAP.
Does your Lord and savior Jesus Christ, support this position of yours? Is this what Christ would say or want your inner soul be filled with? vitriol? hatred? selfishness?

I have to ask, who is your God?
Jesus evens calls the pricks what they are. I have no reason to placate your demons and devils or anyone else's.

You sound ashamed of yourself. You should be. Seriously, all politics aside...what in the fuck is wrong with you?
Quit being such a dreamer. It does not bother me to deport illegals. Nor does it bother me that our citizens safety and well being needs are to be met first and foremost. Now take your lil prickish demons for a good long walk and quit bothering me with your ignorant accusations.

Deporting is great. I’m all for it.

Denying a child soap and toothpaste while you do it is nothing short of barbaric

Your cheering it has caused you shame, as it should.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Your whining is noted. DEPORT THEM ALL.

Wingnut: Derp, Wetbacks are taking away our culture, they should be shot crossing the border.

Liberal: Kind of racist there asshole.

Mac: There goes the regressive left playing the race card again.

Sometimes bothsiderism is just an excuse to let the far right off the hook.

The ironic thing is that Mac Claims to be Hispanic.

(Which means he's a white guy with a Spanish surname)

Mac was perfectly okay with Trump's racism, misogyny and bad behavior when the stock market was going up.

Now that it looks like it's about to slam into a brick wall, he's panicking.

He's been OK recently with a lot of their racism. I don't think he's racist, I don't think he's a wingnut but he has to push the bothsidereims and so even though the racism on this board has been way over the top even before Trump was running for the president it was Mac who was letting the right off the hook by telling the left they are playing the race card and identity politics. But I guess it's OK when Mac does it, he's just a little late to the party.

admit it, I don't read every thread on here, and I am not following around Mac like a dog in heat.

That said, Mac had but one message throughout his thread: "Calling Trump Hitler and his supporters Nazis belittles both Hitler and Nazism, and that's unfortunate." He has a point, even while Hitler and Nazism cannot be reduced to the Holocaust and WWII. If you want to make the point that everyone who convinces voters to support him, and uses some kind of "Other" to get that done, is "Hitler" or a Nazi, as you did (#294), the world sees a lot of Hitlers and Nazis throughout the world. That doesn't do the issue justice.

Whatever... I've seen near every one of Mac's postings on that thread, and in not one did he excuse Trump's racism. So, I consider that case settled. I'd usually expect you to retract the charge, for you failed to prove it, but...

Oh, so Mac excuses Trump, you excuse him, whatever... you asked for proof he made excuses for Trump, I gave you a whole fucking thread of them. Keep in mind, this thread was started the week we found out Trump was throwing kids into concentration camps.

Hey, the idea is to stop Trump before he takes it as far as Hitler did.

I am happy to see Mac changed his stance in face of a manifestly failing presidency. That's what I would expect folks amenable to reason to do. Maybe late, maybe not with the full extent of that failure in sight, but still, change he did. If your enmity doesn't allow you to acknowledge that, the pox is on your house.

Again, he only had a problem with Trump when Trump started affecting HIS livelihood. (he's one of the parasites on Wall Street that cause 90% of the problem in this country) Trump was throwing little kids into concentration camps, Mac was more concerned that Ann Coulter got chased off of Berkeley. I just can't see that as noble.

I was against Trump long before anything Trump did made my life more difficult.

He's been OK recently with a lot of their racism. I don't think he's racist, I don't think he's a wingnut but he has to push the bothsidereims and so even though the racism on this board has been way over the top even before Trump was running for the president it was Mac who was letting the right off the hook by telling the left they are playing the race card and identity politics. But I guess it's OK when Mac does it, he's just a little late to the party.

I think that Mac is more of a Clinton "Third Way" Democrat who'd like to see us go back to Liberal Social Policy and Conservative Economic Policy. The ironic thing is, no one would really vote for that.

No matter what you post, what Trump has done for America thus far is multitudes better than the destruction wrought by his predecessor Obama and categorically better than anything Hillary would have done.

He may not be "ideal", but the criticism is misplaced at best.

Finally, it's hard to blame Mr. Trump when your Leftist judges continually run the country from the bench. Seems we have a gallery of Presidents at this point thanks to Leftist obstructionism.

That said, "All that is required for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

So blame is deserved on both sides.

Those 'Leftist' Judges you were talking about were appointed by GOP Presidents...

Problem is that Trump has enabled the far right and created tribe mentality where they don't want a country balance... On the issues US is to the left of present spending
Little Public Support for Reductions in Federal Spending
PP_2019.04.11_federal-spending_0-01-1.png

Look at those issues... And you can see priorities are left ones... Younger people are just pushing this more left...
This is not because they are radical or Far Left... Young people see Europe and Germany with 6 years of surplus out of the last 7, reducing National debt by 25% against GDP, free Collage and Universal Healthcare and say this looks a better road.. That's not radical...

Could the GOP please explain your Healthcare Policy and show us a country where this is actually working... Could you explain why no other country has gone down that road if it would be so successful?

No surprise here. Why would the Presidency be going well when the Entertainer In Chief is more concerned with eristic tweets and apoplectic rants against whoever or whatever is bothering him at that moment...

Personally, I think you guys spend a bit too much time thinking about me. Instead of telling me what I think, you could just ask.

And I'll tell you precisely the same thing I have to keep telling the Trumpsters (not surprisingly):

Old fashioned, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, buttcrack-scratching, Hamm's-swilling, ignorant white-on-black racism still exists in this country, and it's not hard to find. The Trumpsters are doing everything they can to deny and/or dismiss and/or minimize this (some of these threads recently have been pretty pathetic), and that's DIRECTLY on them. And I hammer on them quite a bit for this bullshit.

*****AND*****

The illiberal, authoritarian (Regressive) Left has spent the last few decades screaming RACISM at every last fucking thing that moves, shoving PC & Identity Politics down our throats to put their targets on the defensive and avoid honest conversation. They have diluted a terribly important word into meaninglessness, for nothing more than cynical political advantage. I find that cowardly and insulting.

See - and this is still what I tell the Trumpsters (not surprisingly) - the two conditions can exist in the same universe simultaneously. They are not mutually exclusive. And both behaviors feed into the other, making everything even fucking worse.

There. That is my ACTUAL position. If you want to know any other of my positions, just ask. You don't have to fabricate them or make guesses.

Last edited:
Old fashioned, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, buttcrack-scratching, Hamm's-swilling, ignorant white-on-black racism still exists in this country, and it's not hard to find. The Trumpsters are doing everything they can to deny and/or dismiss and/or minimize this, and that's DIRECTLY on them. And I hammer on them quite a bit for this bullshit.

No, guy, you don't. You spend more time ragging on Muslims and Berkeley kids not wanting Ann Coulter on their campus.

The illiberal, authoritarian (Regressive) Left has spent the last few decades screaming RACISM at every last fucking thing that moves, shoving PC & Identity Politics down our throats to put their targets on the defensive and avoid honest conversation. They have diluted a terribly important word into meaninglessness, for nothing more than cynical political advantage.

But you never, ever give real examples of that.

In fact, you usually start off with these false premises, when someone points out the flaws of your premise, you whine that we are all picking on you.

EXAMPLE

Mac: "Trump won because Liberals Alienated White People!"

JoeB: "Um, no, Trump got less of the White Vote than Mitt Romney did. Where Hillary lost it was that so many people voted for third parties because they didn't like her, personally but didn't think she'd lose."

Mac: "See...see... regressive left! Regressive Left!"

There. That is my position. If you want to know any other of my positions, just ask. You don't have to fabricate them or make guesses.

No, we know what your positions are, they are based on a lot of sloppy thinking and your desire for Democrats to be more like Republicans.

Much to your dismay right comrade?
Go fuck yourself you leftist bigot. Trump is doing a good job, and if that sociopath hag you supported had won, we'd be in the 11th year of the longest recession ever.
Powerful, impressive stuff there.

Perhaps you can point out some specific areas of disagreement.

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable response? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

By the way, why is there no link? I suspect the link would reveal the not so reasonable origins of the author....

Yea they cheated using facts and all....

Go fuck yourself you leftist bigot. Trump is doing a good job, and if that sociopath hag you supported had won, we'd be in the 11th year of the longest recession ever.

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable response? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

By the way, why is there no link? I suspect the link would reveal the not so reasonable origins of the author....

Yea they cheated using facts and all....
Facts I don't like = Fake News

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable answer? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

It's not an article, there is no link, that's just me.
You got a Coyote "Winner!"

Boo-rahh, Baby!!

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable answer? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

It's not an article, there is no link, that's just me.
You got a Coyote "Winner!"

Boo-rahh, Baby!!
I'M ONE BADASS I TELL YOU

Wingnut: Derp, Wetbacks are taking away our culture, they should be shot crossing the border.

Liberal: Kind of racist there asshole.

Mac: There goes the regressive left playing the race card again.

Sometimes bothsiderism is just an excuse to let the far right off the hook.

The ironic thing is that Mac Claims to be Hispanic.

(Which means he's a white guy with a Spanish surname)

Mac was perfectly okay with Trump's racism, misogyny and bad behavior when the stock market was going up.

Now that it looks like it's about to slam into a brick wall, he's panicking.

Mac can see that the Left is wrong to play the race card, but he can't bring himself not side with them, on everything else.

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
After 8 years of the Obama Administration taking businesses to court, harassing conservatives with the IRS, spying on private citizens by the White House, giving technology and paying billions in reparations to our enemies, along with throwing people in jail for being critics, you think the presidency is in a bad place now????

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
After 8 years of the Obama Administration taking businesses to court, harassing conservatives with the IRS, spying on private citizens by the White House, giving technology and paying billions in reparations to our enemies, along with throwing people in jail for being critics, you think the presidency is in a bad place now????
Yes. And I provided specific examples.

"But Obama" would be a weak retort.

EXAMPLE

[1] Mac: "Trump won because Liberals Alienated White People!"

[2] JoeB: "Um, no, Trump got less of the White Vote than Mitt Romney did. Where Hillary lost it was that so many people voted for third parties because they didn't like her, personally but didn't think she'd lose."

[3] Mac: "See...see... regressive left! Regressive Left!"

That's instructive.

[1] The last Democratic candidate for President winning the White vote, if I remember correctly, was Johnson. They were, in particular, losing the White vote in the South, with some districts going 90% GOP. That's to say, "alienate" isn't the term I would use for what was happening for half a century.

[2] Now, if the Dems alienated White voters, the result would be a decline in White votes for Democrats. A decline or increase of the White vote for Trump doesn't demonstrate anything in that context.

So, we have a point made by Mac that is at best hapless, and a counter by Joe that amounts to a non-argument at best, not addressing Mac's point. All that is then followed, allegedly, by [3], Mac's long-dead and decaying hobby horse. Neither, if we believe the account, is treating his opposite side with even the basic respect a debate would require, and, quite obviously, things are going nowhere, fast.

And that's while a debate is overdue on where the White voters were marching, and why, and what all this has to do with that most putrid of blossoms on the swamp of largely White rage and insanity, Trump, and his failing Presidency.

Thanks Mac for your analysis.

My problem with China stealing technology from our tech companies, is that why is this our gvts problem? The tech companies left the U.S. to manufacture there... if they don't like it and can't control it.... they can leave.

Isn't that their cost, of doing business there? They can pick up and leave...

While Lobstermen here and farmers here spent their own business' s money cultivating good business relationships for their own industry are the ones being hurt
Well, the tech-stealing problem is wider and deeper than the location of our businesses. When they steal our tech, they dilute its global value, and that's a direct financial assault on our businesses. I can see a President defending our businesses and trying to stop this, but (a) I don't know how the hell this can be fixed when they're just not going to play fair, and (b) the only way Trump knows to address a problem is to beat on it with a club.

So the tariff situation can be "fixed", but I don't know what to do about tech theft overall.
"I don't know" is the laudable response. You truly do speak for the majority. By discussing the ownership of "gvts" and "businesses" as though equivalent. It's all just "our" stuff, right? Exxon, Springfield Township, WalMart, etc. No wonder we appear so fucked.

No matter what you post, what Trump has done for America thus far is multitudes better than the destruction wrought by his predecessor Obama and categorically better than anything Hillary would have done.

He may not be "ideal", but the criticism is misplaced at best.

Finally, it's hard to blame Mr. Trump when your Leftist judges continually run the country from the bench. Seems we have a gallery of Presidents at this point thanks to Leftist obstructionism.

That said, "All that is required for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

So blame is deserved on both sides.
What destruction did President Obama perpetrate? What is it you think Clinton would have done? Can you point to specifics or are you just spouting crap you've been told to repeat?
Don't know about him, but Obama went from Yes we can to no you can't. Clinton would have allowed open borders-when she said that I changed my vote from her to Trump.

Thanks Mac for your analysis.

My problem with China stealing technology from our tech companies, is that why is this our gvts problem? The tech companies left the U.S. to manufacture there... if they don't like it and can't control it.... they can leave.

Isn't that their cost, of doing business there? They can pick up and leave...

While Lobstermen here and farmers here spent their own business' s money cultivating good business relationships for their own industry are the ones being hurt
Well, the tech-stealing problem is wider and deeper than the location of our businesses. When they steal our tech, they dilute its global value, and that's a direct financial assault on our businesses. I can see a President defending our businesses and trying to stop this, but (a) I don't know how the hell this can be fixed when they're just not going to play fair, and (b) the only way Trump knows to address a problem is to beat on it with a club.

So the tariff situation can be "fixed", but I don't know what to do about tech theft overall.
"I don't know" is the laudable response. You truly do speak for the majority. By discussing the ownership of "gvts" and "businesses" as though equivalent. It's all just "our" stuff, right? Exxon, Springfield Township, WalMart, etc. No wonder we appear so fucked.
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there, but I do think there are times when the best interests of both government and business are intertwined.

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

I'm glad you said some because me and mine are enjoying a better economy and quality of life under Trump compared to Obama OR Bush. And it seems the longer he is in office the better things get. Hope you prosper too.

Forum List

Back