Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

Maybe if you had taken my tack you wouldn't have turned to atheism.

The only reason I turned to atheism is because God doesn't exist and I figured it out. It had nothing to do with your tack or anything like that. If God does exist then it isn't the God of the Bible. We are at least both atheists of the god in the Bible. Or do you believe in that god? You seem to avoid the Bible like the plague.

The only reason I turned to atheism is because God doesn't exist and I figured it out. It had nothing to do with your tack or anything like that. If God does exist then it isn't the God of the Bible. We are at least both atheists of the god in the Bible. Or do you believe in that god? You seem to avoid the Bible like the plague.
You're wrong about me being an atheist of the "god of the Bible." But if it's any consolation, I wouldn't have accepted the interpretations you were taught either. I don't avoid the Bible, I avoid discussions with people who believe I should accept silly interpretations that they themselves rejected.

So can't I just agree with you that the interpretations you were taught are ridiculous and skip that conversation?

But if you want a real conversation about the "god of the Bible" I suggest we do that in the Bull Ring so the conversation can be consolidated and easier to follow.

Lastly, it was odd that you didn't capitalize God but did capitalize the bible.

So can't I just agree with you that the interpretations you were taught are ridiculous and skip that conversation?

No. Either the Bible has no meaning or it has meaning. You can't have both and expect to be taken seriously.

Lastly, it was odd that you didn't capitalize God but did capitalize the bible.

I did capitalize God when I was talking about God from the Bible. When I am talking about a god then I do not capitalize. I learned this in high school English not in seminary. Many people use God as Yahweh's proper name. In that scenario I capitalize.

No. Either the Bible has no meaning or it has meaning. You can't have both and expect to be taken seriously.
The passages/accounts in the Bible have meaning if you aren't too lazy to put in the time and effort to discover it or too dumb or biased to understand it.

I did capitalize God when I was talking about God from the Bible. When I am talking about a god then I do not capitalize. I learned this in high school English not in seminary. Many people use God as Yahweh's proper name. In that scenario I capitalize.
Did you find this seminary school from the inside of a Bazooka bubble gum wrapper? How much did you pay for that education?

I meant have you found it difficult to wish happiness on dumb people? Because that's not hard for me to do at all.

I don't wish happiness on anyone. And I don't expect you to understand why

Like I said I don't expect you to understand why and you just proved you don't
I got that the first time you said you didn't expect me to understand why you don't wish happiness on anyone. That's why I didn't ask. I didn't see any reason to ask since you said you didn't expect me to understand. So, no, I didn't just prove I can't understand. I only proved I didn't ask.

I got that the first time you said you didn't expect me to understand why you don't wish happiness on anyone. That's why I didn't ask. I didn't see any reason to ask since you said you didn't expect me to understand. So, no, I didn't just prove I can't understand. I only proved I didn't ask.

That you don't understand now after all the posts you traded with me is proof you don't

And what surprises the universe throws at us.

There is a line in Harry Potter: It is not our talents that define us, but our choices. How we choose to respond to whatever the universe throws at us, is what defines us.

A lot of shit gets thrown our way in life. Do we become angry, bitter, and seek retaliation when we're wronged, or do we work to create a better life for ourselves and our families believing "living well is the best revenge".

I believe it's really hard to get ahead when you spend all of your time trying to get even. Also, karma, being a bitch, will get them in the end and you can enjoy their come upance completely guilt free because you had nothing to do with it.

There is a line in Harry Potter: It is not our talents that define us, but our choices. How we choose to respond to whatever the universe throws at us, is what defines us.

A lot of shit gets thrown our way in life. Do we become angry, bitter, and seek retaliation when we're wronged, or do we work to create a better life for ourselves and our families believing "living well is the best revenge".

I believe it's really hard to get ahead when you spend all of your time trying to get even. Also, karma, being a bitch, will get them in the end and you can enjoy their come upance completely guilt free because you had nothing to do with it.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear in that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the World. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won’t feel unsure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own Light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Forum List

Back