Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

I'm not a Westboro Baptist. If you can't see the relationship between forgiveness, penitence and penance, I can't help you.

I see you still hate the ole Bible. That is fine I guess but don't expect anybody to take you seriously.

When did you change your mind?
Somewhere after that conversation don't know when. It happened because I saw people I respect and who I consider to be better at debating making the case for moral absolutism. I found I couldn't really successfully counter this particular argument.
No. Morality is not relative. Man's perception of morality is relative.
As such I changed my position.

As I said then in my last post, I always make an honest attempt to examine the arguments presented, even if that means I end up changing my mind.

We all know the basis of right from wrong.....are we not Descendants of the two humans who ate the forbidden fruit from THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD and EVIL?
No we're not. We are apes with clothes that can drive cars and we learned over the millennia that behaviors like cooperation increased our chances of survival. This is the basis of what we have come to call "right" and "wrong"

I see you still hate the ole Bible. That is fine I guess but don't expect anybody to take you seriously.
No, I don't hate it. Maybe if you had taken my tack you wouldn't have turned to atheism. It's OK if you don't take me seriously. I think I'll survive. It's not that bad.

I don't hate it.
Of course, Saint Ding, does not hate the Bible.

Without the existence of the Bible, there would be no white Christian nationalism and all the praying patriots and morality police that comes with it.

Saint Ding yearns for a return to the Mayflower Compact with God and the King of England.

And back to the Divine Rights of European Kings to keep Biblical Order against the perversions of atheist disorder, So and because Kings and the Christian Churches were so good at it

Last edited:
Of course, Saint Ding, does not hate the Bible.

Without the existence of the Bible, there would be no white Christian nationalism and all the praying patriots and morality police that comes with it.

Saint Ding yearns for a return to the Mayflower Compact with God and the King of England.

And back to the Divine Rights of European Kings to keep Biblical Order against the perversions of atheist disorder, So and because Kings and the Christian Churches were so good at it
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers. Rather, the law of the LORD is his joy; and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields its fruit in season; Its leaves never wither; whatever he does prospers. But not so are the wicked, not so! They are like chaff driven by the wind. Therefore the wicked will not arise at the judgment, nor will sinners in the assembly of the just. Because the LORD knows the way of the just, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.

CS Lewis on his conversion to Christianity. He says in Mere Christianity:

But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea
of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was
bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself
in such violent reaction against it? A man feels wet when he falls into water, because man is not a water
animal: a fish would not feel wet. Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was
nothing but a private idea of my own. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too—
for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen
to please my private fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist—in other words,
that the whole of reality was senseless—I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality—namely my
idea of justice—was full of sense.

I love how other people think that their way is the ONLY way. That makes them WRONG.

It doesn't take a belief in God to know right from wrong.

Forum List

Back