Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

SEE Reactions:ding to POST•682 Vahnbf00682

Decline of Christianity a good or a bad thing? 231204
POST•53 cnm Dec’23 Vdocag: That could imply those ignorant of YHWH can have no morals. cnmz 231204 Vdocag00053

POST•56 ding Dec’23 Sdocag: The moral law or the law of right and wrong or the natural law is written into the hearts of men. If the bible had never been written men would still know right from wrong. That's not the problem. dvng 231204 Sdocag00056 to POST•53 Vdocag00053

Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust 240224

Post•701 In your December, last year POST•56 Sdocag00056 Saint Ding, you make me realize, for the sake of argument, that you may agree that our secularistic framers of the US Constitution wrote it as if the Holy Judeo Christian Bible had never been written or inspired by YHWH through something in Christianity known as the HOLY GHOST.

It’s as if the Framers were telling us that the supernatural and irrational religious teaching and matter of conscience in the necessity of belief; that Jesus Christ was the ONLY begotten Son of YHWH, born to an earthly woman but she was purely a virgin, and he son was later crucified, dead and buried for the salvation and forgiveness of all humanity’s sin following the fall of Adam, and then rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven; had no significance or applicability on the system of government that the US Constitution they were writing and was so defined. Is that fair to say?

POST•701 nfbw 240224 Vahnbf00701
to POST•56 Sdocag00056

Attachments

• 1708781306170.gif
    1708781306170.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:
CS Lewis on his conversion to Christianity. He says in Mere Christianity:

But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea
of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was
bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself
in such violent reaction against it? A man feels wet when he falls into water, because man is not a water
animal: a fish would not feel wet. Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was
nothing but a private idea of my own. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too—
for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen
to please my private fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist—in other words,
that the whole of reality was senseless—I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality—namely my
idea of justice—was full of sense.

Be good for goodness sake

NOT

Because some murderous fantasy is threatening you.

There ya go.

Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust​

I am not an atheist, but have seen them use the greater good as a basis.

The good of the many outweigh the good of the few.

I see atheists walking their talk, statistically, as where there are more of them and less religious, they produce a more peaceful and law abiding people.

Now if we could just get the religious to be more atheistic.

That would really help out the world.

Right?
A shame I can't give mor than one like

It doesn't. If you say it does, what is your basis? How do you logically reason something is good or evil? Where does your hypothesis begin, end, get started? Please do enlighten us.
Be good for goodness sake.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Above all, do no harm...

What is hard to understand about this?

The greater good for who? The Jews or the Nazis? The concept of the good of the many out weigh the good of the individual is democracy in it's purest form of tyranny. Kill the few that you believe is causing the economic problems. Stalin, Mao and Hitler did it. As did every tyrant throughout history.

So, Democrats are mostly atheists you are saying. So, we should have lots of peace in America. Yet, we have more violent crime than ever before now. The country has been turning away from their God for decades and it shows in corruption, confusion of basic things such as man and woman and simply the violence and wokeness we see tearing apart America. Joe Biden, as was Obama, the divider in chief.
Both believe in God.
Both use the belief in God as a tool to influence others.

And then you go stupid. who knew?

Both believe in God.
Both use the belief in God as a tool to influence others.

And then you go stupid. who knew?
Not to mention that the Pope at the time had nothing to say about Nazism at the time they were committing genocide
Just like the pope at the time of the Rwandan genocide had nothing to say and the RCC active sheltered Catholic priests who took part in the genocide

I think I agree. I need an example though and will try genocide as a basis.

Is it right or wrong for a God who can cure all things, to kill?
Rephrase...

What is "God's" basis for good and evil?
If "God" believes "God"is "good" then any abomination created or performed by "God" is therefore "good."
Including mass murder, murdering children, torture, rape...

If we need "God" to define "good and evil" who defines "good and evil" for "God?"

Can "God" be considered and atheist, and if not, who does "God" worship?

Still, everyone has a basis for good and evil. And without God, that basis can change randomly by the hour.

For an atheist evil and good are subjective. They can simply change their mind and technically eliminate all evil in the world simply by thought process.
Is murder wrong?
If god commits murder is it wrong?
If god tells you to commit murder is it wrong?

Should we release every murderer since they can all claim that they were serving god's will?

What's that you were saying about "changing morals?"

Forum List

Back