Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

Atoms are affected by all kinds of things
Nothing you or I can do.
1708107482595.png

You can't see it but others see it. You are very truculent and insulting. Happy people aren't like that.
Stating a fact is now being insulting?

And happiness isn't my pursuit that's yours remember and you have to tell everyone how happy you are all the time to keep reminding yourself how happy you are

I'm more interested in equanimity

I see it on other ways that are beyond your ability or desire to see.

See it's the desiring that you get hung up on.

You desire validation from a supreme being. I don't. That's why you're always so emotional

No, you are confusing the subjectivity of people with the objectivity of reality. All religions teach civility, morality and virtue.
All religions teach civility, morality and virtue but, at least for Judaism and Christianity (the 2 I know best), they have tended to change with the changing morals of society as they evolve.

The more secular the country the more just it is.

Secular humanism is the source of the most reasoned and just morals.

None of you Christians actually want all the moral laws that are in the bible. If you did you would want to stone to death any woman who was not a virgin on her wedding night. But none of you do that.

Why don't you do that? Because you know your moral code is better than the one in the bible. So when you cherry pick and ignore the word of your god in the bible when it conflicts with modern morality , like it or not you are choosing secular humanism

Unlike the Atheists and anti-Christian faith, you seem to assume we Christians are unable to think critically about much of anything. While some are more Bible literalist/fundamentalist than others--I agree even the most literalist ignore most of the rules of the Old Testament, most of which were rescinded in the New Testament. Most Christians, however, and probably most Jews believe their sense of good and evil, right and wrong, just and unjust comes from God. Civilizations that did not know or recognize the JudeoChristian God were/are far more savage, brutal, lacking in fair play and true justice than the societies that have evolved over time from JudeoChristian faith.

Unlike the Atheists and anti-Christian faith, you seem to assume we Christians are unable to think critically about much of anything. While some are more Bible literalist/fundamentalist than others--I agree even the most literalist ignore most of the rules of the Old Testament, most of which were rescinded in the New Testament. Most Christians, however, and probably most Jews believe their sense of good and evil, right and wrong, just and unjust comes from God. Civilizations that did not know or recognize the JudeoChristian God were/are far more savage, brutal, lacking in fair play and true justice than the societies that have evolved over time from JudeoChristian faith.
Christians may well be able to think critically.

They have a hard time thinking morally and call evil doctrines good.

Mention the immoral aspects of the messianic concept or hell and watch Christians run for the hills.

Without inquisitions to argue and debate for them, they just ignore the lesson and put their right wing loony tribe ahead of their morals.

Moral Cowards who will not debate morals are mostly Christian.

Christians may well be able to think critically.

They have a hard time thinking morally and call evil doctrines good.

Mention the immoral aspects of the messianic concept or hell and watch Christians run for the hills.

Without inquisitions to argue and debate for them, they just ignore the lesson and put their right wing loony tribe ahead of their morals.

Moral Cowards who will not debate morals are mostly Christian.
I don't know a single Christian who will not debate morals. A lot of Christians refuse to have conversations with people who are trolls, idiots, or other exercises in futility and/or those who deliberately phrase their argument as you did which is a blatant attack on Christians. There really isn't any point in discussing anything with the likes of that.

CS Lewis on his conversion to Christianity. He says in Mere Christianity:

But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea
of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was
bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself
in such violent reaction against it? A man feels wet when he falls into water, because man is not a water
animal: a fish would not feel wet. Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was
nothing but a private idea of my own. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too—
for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen
to please my private fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist—in other words,
that the whole of reality was senseless—I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality—namely my
idea of justice—was full of sense.

This is true stupidity

Forum List

Back