Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

they aren't going to consider me an atheist?
is your response "There are no gods" or is your response "I'm confused, what are you talking about?".......

Lets say I don't buy a word you are saying and I reject your entire story of religion. If you are a christian, you aren't going to switch to the Muslim story if I don't believe your story. You're going to label me an atheist and tell me I'm going to hell for not believing you and your church.

Forget about generic god. It doesn't even matter to people who believe in generic god if I believe or not. It only seems to matter to Christians, Muslims and Jews. They are the ones that say us atheists are going to hell for not believing.

People who believe in Generic god don't think any harm will come to atheists if they don't believe in god. Theists got that from their holy books.

So I have a feeling if a Christian tells me about their lord and I don't believe it, they aren't going to ask me if I believe in any other gods. In fact Christians talk about their Jesus god as if he's a fact. So if I reject a Christians Jesus god, then they must consider me an atheist.

So if I was on an island and you told me about your version of god, I have to assume in your mind he is the only one real true god. So if I don't buy your story, you should consider me an atheist.

And what reason would I believe in a generic god? If I had never heard of god before and you told me about your made up god, I can only make my decision based on what you have told me. I wouldn't even know to consider other generic gods. You would be telling me about god like he was a fact and I'd probably say BULLSHIT to your insane stories.

your beliefs in absurdities of nature: talking snakes, global floods that never happened, Arks that don't exist, a 6,000 year old (flat) earth, 350 year old men, spirit realms, etc., are demonstrably false, yet you must believe those absurdities or acknowledge that your religious beliefs are of fear and superstition.

Yet, you define as irrational anyone who reaches supportable conclusions about your delusions and irrationality. You pre-define the supernatural (including god(s), Jinn, miracles) as "excused" from any verifiable standard and then proceed calmly and "reasonably" inside that paradigm. At your level, it's "religious belief". At another level, it's utter delusion. Both are the same break from reality, the only difference is in degree and in overt harm it might cause.
a fine example of atheist' dogma.......I can picture the rest of the atheists shouting "Amen!" "Hallelujah!" and "preach it Sister Hollie!"..........

your beliefs in absurdities of nature: talking snakes, global floods that never happened, Arks that don't exist, a 6,000 year old (flat) earth, 350 year old men, spirit realms, etc., are demonstrably false, yet you must believe those absurdities or acknowledge that your religious beliefs are of fear and superstition.

Yet, you define as irrational anyone who reaches supportable conclusions about your delusions and irrationality. You pre-define the supernatural (including god(s), Jinn, miracles) as "excused" from any verifiable standard and then proceed calmly and "reasonably" inside that paradigm. At your level, it's "religious belief". At another level, it's utter delusion. Both are the same break from reality, the only difference is in degree and in overt harm it might cause.
a fine example of atheist' dogma.......I can picture the rest of the atheists shouting "Amen!" "Hallelujah!" and "preach it Sister Hollie!"..........

It's really a fine example of your complete befuddlement. You hoped to sidestep the absurdities of nature delineated in the bibles: talking snakes, global floods that never happened, Arks that don't exist, a 6,000 year old (flat) earth, 350 year old men, spirit realms, etc., because accepting such literal events is a fool's paradise, (or a religious zealot's fantastical imagination). So don't sidestep, obfuscate and backstroke. Tell us about those talking snakes.

I've always wondered if the fundamentalists know about the two creation stories, or if they just carry that book for show??? :D
four.....Genesis 1:1 is seperate from Genesis 1:2......and the book of Job....
So many tales and fables for you book worshippers to keep track of.

Tell us about the talking snake and why your gods lied in the genesis tale.

From what I've read, real Christians can't believe that the Jonah living in the belly of a whale story is an allegory because JESUS himself said it happened. LITERALLY! He said he would rise after being dead 3 days just like Jonah lived after being in the belly of a whale for 3 days.

Anyone who says that's an allegory, and Adam & Eve & Noah are all allegories needs to realize so was Mary and Jesus, unless you believe a virgin can get prego.

obviously not....I do not deny the existence of deity......I believe in a God......the fact I have chosen to not believe in Zeus does not make me an atheist......it makes me someone who has chosen not to believe in Zeus......
Obviously yes. Being A-theistic regarding belief in Zeus makes you an atheist.
I'm sorry, that is obviously an ignorant conclusion......believing in a god, I could not possibly be an atheist......
Your ignorance is of your own making. Believing that gods other than your gods do not exist is A-theistic belief. Therefore, your are an atheist with regard to the gods competing with your gods.
in actuality, my 'ignorance' is only of your imagination.....look at the structure of your sentence......"Believing that gods other than your gods do not exist is A-theistic belief"....if I have gods I am by definition NOT an atheist.....
Within Christianity, you have three gods. How any other gods do you believe in?

It's all a matter of Semantics - this entire thread is about Semantics. Christians claim to have one God - yet they have the trinity , and lesser gods known as angels , saints, demons and even Satan - one of Jehovahs "angels " can be classified as a lesser god, an evil god.

And then you have the passage which states "You shall have no other gods before me" which implies the existence of other gods.

You also have instances where God is speaking - seemingly to other Gods when he states as in Genesis 11:7 "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech."

[Actually God must have had a sense of Humor - because Genesis 11:7 seems to describe this thread to a tee]

Of course you can. You are A-theistic belief in regards to the other gods. You most certainly are an atheist.
obviously not....I do not deny the existence of deity......I believe in a God......the fact I have chosen to not believe in Zeus does not make me an atheist......it makes me someone who has chosen not to believe in Zeus......
As far a Zeus is concerned, you are an atheist. Also, as you and others put it you believe Zeus does not exist, therefore it is a belief.
its simply silly to argue that someone is a partial atheist......yes, you are right.....I believe Zeus does not exist......can I prove Zeus does not exist?.....no.....I choose to believe Zeus does not exist......however, to claim that therefore I am someone who denies the existence of deities is illogical, as I specifically proclaim a belief in one deity......

If you had Zeus pounded into your head, you'd be a firm believer in Zeus.

I know, right?....that's why Seally isn't really an atheist......he can't be, because he was raised by Christians and nobody is allowed to think for themselves, right?......

I have talked with many members of my church who don't take the bible literally. Most of them believe in god but know the bible is made up. I'm trying to get them to understand that if the bible is made up, so might be this god character but it is deeply rooted. I got drunk with my one buddy one night and no matter how much I debunked his arguments, he stayed firm that he just can't not believe there is no god.

Its not like he's deciding rationally. He has no evidence there is a god but he can't believe there isn't and that's his justification. There MUST be a god he says.

That's about as critical as most theists get when it comes to this subject. Luckily the next generation isn't buying it and more and more people every year leave the churches.

I'm sorry, that is obviously an ignorant conclusion......believing in a god, I could not possibly be an atheist......
Your ignorance is of your own making. Believing that gods other than your gods do not exist is A-theistic belief. Therefore, your are an atheist with regard to the gods competing with your gods.
in actuality, my 'ignorance' is only of your imagination.....look at the structure of your sentence......"Believing that gods other than your gods do not exist is A-theistic belief"....if I have gods I am by definition NOT an atheist.....
Within Christianity, you have three gods. How any other gods do you believe in?

It's all a matter of Semantics - this entire thread is about Semantics. Christians claim to have one God - yet they have the trinity , and lesser gods known as angels , saints, demons and even Satan - one of Jehovahs "angels " can be classified as a lesser god, an evil god.

And then you have the passage which states "You shall have no other gods before me" which implies the existence of other gods.

You also have instances where God is speaking - seemingly to other Gods when he states as in Genesis 11:7 "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech."

[Actually God must have had a sense of Humor - because Genesis 11:7 seems to describe this thread to a tee]

That passage "you shall have no other gods" soooo obviously come from a new man made religion. What's rule number one? I'M NUMBER ONE! What's rule number 2? Don't fucking ever forget rule number 1 or burn in hell! LOL.

logical error.....atheism is ignorance, but all ignorance is not atheism........the person on the island would also not be denying the existence of deity.......
You're suffering from the debilitating disease of religious extremism. There is nothing ignorant or illogical about rejecting appeals to superstitious fears.
but there is something ignorant and illogical about saying you are opposed to believing in something without proof while believing in something without proof.......

That's a steaming hot pile of crap. Is it ignorant to not believe in the tooth fairy?

I googled it.....I find no where that atheism is defined as 'those who deny the existence of tooth fairies'........

That's funny, because all over this thread I've been told that a non belief is really a belief, and therefore a religion.
Some people are able to develop critical thinking skills, some aren't........

It's really a fine example of your complete befuddlement. You hoped to sidestep the absurdities of nature delineated in the bibles: talking snakes, global floods that never happened, Arks that don't exist, a 6,000 year old (flat) earth, 350 year old men, spirit realms, etc., because accepting such literal events is a fool's paradise, (or a religious zealot's fantastical imagination). So don't sidestep, obfuscate and backstroke. Tell us about those talking snakes.
nothing but atheist evangelism......Hollie,. seeking sainthood in the atheist church......

There's no such thing.
don't tell Hollie....she'll be terribly disappointed......

Within Christianity, you have three gods. How many other gods do you believe in?
that one....

I've always wondered if the fundamentalists know about the two creation stories, or if they just carry that book for show??? :D

tell me about 150k year old AGW......

nothing but atheist evangelism......Hollie,. seeking sainthood in the atheist church......
What a shame. You've been given multiple opportunities to resolve the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods in the bibles, yet, with each opportunity, you sidestep, obfuscate and backstroke.
there aren't any.....just falsehoods in AtheistsRUs websites....

And I was watching TCT religious tv this weekend and the preacher flat out lied when he said that the people who wrote the bible were eye witnesses who saw it. We all know that is a bald faced lie.
you shouldn't watch things you don't believe in....it may cause you to lapse and rejoin the church.....Carla thinks you're weak minded......

Yes they are definitions of religion which does not include atheism. If there was a way for me to contact Webster's about the error of their definition on their definition I would.

You don't know how to write a letter?

That pathetic excuse dealt with, what makes them wrong? Keep in mind that your arrogant assumption you know more than they do is not evidence they are wrong.
I already explained why it was wrong and no one here refuted it. See post #2179

As for writing a letter to Webster, they only accept business or advertising letters or someone wishing to add a new word.

Last edited:

There's no such thing.
don't tell Hollie....she'll be terribly disappointed......
Your commenting on issues you know nothing about is a pattern of behavior.

What a shame. You've been given multiple opportunities to resolve the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods in the bibles, yet, with each opportunity, you sidestep, obfuscate and backstroke.
there aren't any.....just falsehoods in AtheistsRUs websites....
More of the denial that complicates your ability to function in a reality based worldview. It's a typical reaction of religious extremists to deny the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods in the bibles, yet with each subsequent denial, you fundies sink ever deeper into the abyss.

tell me about 150k year old AGW......
It's your claim. Yet another you're unable to defend. That's not unlike your fundamentalist acceptance of a 6,000 year old planet.

Do you agree, understand and admit that if you grew up on an island and never heard of the idea of god(s), you not believing in god(s) is not a belief?
logical error.....atheism is ignorance, but all ignorance is not atheism........the person on the island would also not be denying the existence of deity.......
You're suffering from the debilitating disease of religious extremism. There is nothing ignorant or illogical about rejecting appeals to superstitious fears.
but there is something ignorant and illogical about saying you are opposed to believing in something without proof while believing in something without proof.......

That's a steaming hot pile of crap. Is it ignorant to not believe in the tooth fairy? I don't have proof one way or another, whether the tooth fairy exists.

The stories in the Bible are just as unbelievable as the tooth fairy. The only difference is that most people have the stories from the Bible pounded into their little heads. If everyone read the Bible for the first time as adults, there would be very few believers.

That is a wonderful argument to make, if you don't care about accuracy. You do indeed have evidence the tooth fairy doesn't exist. Your parents will tell you that when you were small it was them who put the money under your pillow. Santa Claus, you can trace the history to Bishop of Myra and the current version to a Coca Cola ad campaign. There is plenty of evidence. These analogies only stand up if you don't look at them very closely and are used because it's all you have.

A belief is a belief, and you do not lack beliefs. This insistence that you do is extremely interesting. If one simply says they believe there are no gods, it pretty much stops there. They have defined themselves by what they believe. Instead, what you are doing is defining yourself not by what you believe but rather by something you claim you do not believe. Your definition of yourself only exists in tandem with what you deny.

That's a steaming hot pile of crap. Is it ignorant to not believe in the tooth fairy?

I googled it.....I find no where that atheism is defined as 'those who deny the existence of tooth fairies'........

That's funny, because all over this thread I've been told that a non belief is really a belief, and therefore a religion.

No. What you have been told is that this dogma that belief is non-belief is what makes it religion.

As far a Zeus is concerned, you are an atheist. Also, as you and others put it you believe Zeus does not exist, therefore it is a belief.
its simply silly to argue that someone is a partial atheist......yes, you are right.....I believe Zeus does not exist......can I prove Zeus does not exist?.....no.....I choose to believe Zeus does not exist......however, to claim that therefore I am someone who denies the existence of deities is illogical, as I specifically proclaim a belief in one deity......

If you had Zeus pounded into your head, you'd be a firm believer in Zeus.

I know, right?....that's why Seally isn't really an atheist......he can't be, because he was raised by Christians and nobody is allowed to think for themselves, right?......

I have talked with many members of my church who don't take the bible literally. Most of them believe in god but know the bible is made up. I'm trying to get them to understand that if the bible is made up, so might be this god character but it is deeply rooted. I got drunk with my one buddy one night and no matter how much I debunked his arguments, he stayed firm that he just can't not believe there is no god.

Its not like he's deciding rationally. He has no evidence there is a god but he can't believe there isn't and that's his justification. There MUST be a god he says.

That's about as critical as most theists get when it comes to this subject. Luckily the next generation isn't buying it and more and more people every year leave the churches.

If evangelism is attempting to convert others, how is what you just described not evangelism?

Within Christianity, you have three gods. How many other gods do you believe in?
that one....

Some people are able to develop critical thinking skills, some aren't........
So tell us how critical thinking skills leads to talking snakes, a 6,000 year old earth, etc.,

Forum List

Back