Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Given the above:

Would Atheism be considered natural, man-made or supernatural?

Would God be considered natural, man-made or supernatural?

Given the above, if God does exist, and was not created by man, He would be natural.

Why "He"?
Who is the "She" that makes "him" a "He"?
We've already been over than...pages ago.

I only put it to you, at which point you melted.
This time I'm putting it to troll-boy. I like the pitter of his patter when he runs away from questions he can't handle.

No theist has produced a sound and valid syllogism for god's existence, and as long as that is the case, atheism if justified. Saying atheism is a faith is begging the question, because it presumes that your conclusions are true without showing them to be. Atheism is not even close to faith, as it is the rational rejection of your unsubstantiated and insufficient claims.

Just for a point of clarification, the posit was that atheism is not a "religion". That poster -- from like 800 posts ago -- misstated it as "faith".

That's even easier to show, and I'm pretty sure you already did it by simply posting the definition of a religion in the OP. Can't believe this thread has gone on so long.

I can't either. LOL!
I suppose you think the OP posit that Atheism is NOT a religion to have been proved.

I would say at least 700 posts ago.

Actually I thought we already had done that in the previous thread.

Last edited:
Just for a point of clarification, the posit was that atheism is not a "religion". That poster -- from like 800 posts ago -- misstated it as "faith".

That's even easier to show, and I'm pretty sure you already did it by simply posting the definition of a religion in the OP. Can't believe this thread has gone on so long.

I can't either. LOL!
I suppose you think the OP posit that Atheism is NOT a religion to have been proved.

Actually I thought already had done that in the previous thread.

I was playing it safe. :biggrin:

I can't either. LOL!

You're so.... conservative. :D

I can't either. LOL!

Dream on! You've not proved it. You've simply come up with umpteen asinine ways to deny the existence of Atheist churches, ministers and doctrine.

Ludicrous arguments. Like prevailing theories in cosmology, interesting food for thought but most can never be proven, thus we relegate all such arguments to the realm of "theology" or "faith". Atheism is a faith, because no atheist has yet been able to prove his counter-theological argument, yet they expend no small amount of energy trying to browbeat people into believing there's is the only true faith. He accepts on faith that there is no God, just as others accept on faith that there is.

No theist has produced a sound and valid syllogism for god's existence, and as long as that is the case, atheism if justified. Saying atheism is a faith is begging the question, because it presumes that your conclusions are true without showing them to be. Atheism is not even close to faith, as it is the rational rejection of your unsubstantiated and insufficient claims.

I can't either. LOL!
Atheism is not a religion. That is definitional fact.

The definition of religion in the OP is wrong. The fact that you do not understand that is the primary reason this thread has gone on so long, people keep insisting that they know more about English definitions than the dictionary.
The christians' need to peg atheism as a religion is the reason this thread has gone on so long, despite it being semantically unjustified.

I can't either. LOL!

Dream on! You've not proved it. You've simply come up with umpteen asinine ways to deny the existence of Atheist churches, ministers and doctrine.

What do they minister? They don't have a specific doctrine, and those so-called churches are really nothing more than community centers.

Why "He"?

Because English doesn't have gender neutral pronouns that can be used to refer to a single person, and my regular practice of using they and ignoring numbers would confuse the idiots, like you, that don't understand the basics of English grammar, oh he who thinks he is smarter than the average ant.

So, to you God is not supernatural?

Did I say that? Why, no, I did not. I said that, given the above, if God exists, and He was created by man, He would be natural. If you need someone to parse that for you I suggest you ask an English teacher at your elementary school, I am not here to explain simple grammar to idiots.

Why "He"?

Because English doesn't have gender neutral pronouns that can be used to refer to a single person, and my regular practice of using they and ignoring numbers would confuse the idiots, like you, that don't understand the basics of English grammar, oh he who thinks he is smarter than the average ant.

Pays to increase your vocabulary.

It's a big word. You're welcome.

I only put it to you, at which point you melted.
This time I'm putting it to troll-boy. I like the pitter of his patter when he runs away from questions he can't handle.

Are you confusing me with the guy you see in the mirror again?

The christians' need to peg atheism as a religion is the reason this thread has gone on so long, despite it being semantically unjustified.

I have no need to peg anything.

I do, however, enjoy pointing out to idiots when they are wrong, which is why the fact that churches like the one in the link below are ignored by religious zealots. The question now is, are you a religious zealot that will deny facts in order to maintain the fiction that atheism is cannot be a religion?

Home First Church of Atheism

I am starting to believe there may actually be a Church of the Composition Fallacy.
Apparently it does not include Confession. But it has a nice creation myth. In the River DeNial.

What do they minister? They don't have a specific doctrine, and those so-called churches are really nothing more than community centers.

That was funny.

Newsflash, the fact that you deliberately chose to ignore reality is not proof that something does not exist.

This is the doctrine of an atheist church.

“Nothing exists besides natural phenomena. Thought is merely a function of those natural phenomena. Death is complete, and irreversible. We have faith solely in humankind, nature, and the facts of science.”
FAQ First Church of Atheism

Damn, they even mention faith, what a surprise.

By the way, this also proves that Dawkins was right when he said that atheist that absolutely reject the existence of God do exist, and that everyone who claimed they do not is an idiot.

Pays to increase your vocabulary.

It's a big word. You're welcome.

I guess you missed the part where I said single person.

Why am I not surprised?

Or, even more likely, you just cannot fucking read.

From your link, oh he who is always wrong.

that one —used as subject or direct object or indirect object of a verb or object of a preposition usually in reference to a lifeless thing

I am starting to believe there may actually be a Church of the Composition Fallacy.
Apparently it does not include Confession. But it has a nice creation myth. In the River DeNial.

Aprently you cannnot read, what a surprise.

In order for you to make the argument that I am using a composition fallacy you would have to show that I claimed that atheism is a religion because some people treat it as one. Since my only point in this thread is that you are wrong when you claim it is cannot be a religion because you do not see it as one you would be the person that is actually guilty of using a composition fallacy.

Then again, you are always wrong, so you should be used to finding out, once again, that you are totally screwed up.

They have the doctrine that God does not exist.

athe·ism
noun \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\

Definition of ATHEISM
archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity

b : the doctrine that there is no deity

The beliefs of atheists and agnostics are that there is or is not a God and ethics do not necessarily matter.

Religion definition of Religion in the Free Online Encyclopedia.
religion, a system of thought, feeling, and action that is shared by a group and that gives the members an object of devotion; a code of behavior by which individuals may judge the personal and social consequences of their actions; and a frame of reference by which individuals may relate to their group and their universe.

So, Carla, Atheism is a religion. That you choose as an individual not to be religious, not to participate in the available churches (already shown to exist) and groups professing Atheism does not make the religion of Atheism disappear.

Forum List

Back