Atheism takes courage

Especially you don't beat them when they haven't done anything wrong. Not believing in something is NOT wrong or bad or evil.
First of all, I never said anything about punishing a child for eternity. I was simply using it as an example that actions have consequences. God does not send people to Hell for not believing in Him. They send themselves to Hell because they refused to admit that they are a sinner and spit in the face of God. They say that they want nothing to do with God. God simply grants them their wish. Think about the magnitude of such a crime. You are telling the One who created you and deserves your worship to f*ck off and die. If I was God, I be pretty pissed about that. Wouldn't you? And, as I have mentioned before, God gave us a way out. It's a free gift. You don't have to earn it. Simple believe and repent. BTW, the Bible teaches that everyone is born with an awareness of God. But most people suppress this awareness because they love their sin more than their Creator. Such selfish arrogance deserves eternity in Hell. Wouldn't you agree?

A way out of WHAT exactly? How about this God critter just leaves me alone? I didn't ask for him to create me. I will not worship something that places his own creations into a fire pit for "punishment." I think it is wrong and evil. That doesn't describe anything that I would ever consider "good."
God is not sending to Hell. YOU are! You are the one who sinned. You are the one who is rejecting a gift, bought at a terrible price. Quit blaming God. It's like blaming Bush. YOU are responsible for where you spend eternity. No one else.

I am perfectly fine with dying and there being nothingness. It's called a "dirt nap." Lol. It won't bother me at all. I won't know what is going on one way or the other.
You're in for a rude awakening.

I am perfectly fine with dying and there being nothingness. It's called a "dirt nap." Lol. It won't bother me at all. I won't know what is going on one way or the other.
You're in for a rude awakening.

Oh? What? Hell and devils forever and ever and ever? Burning and gnashing of teeth? That is just YOUR wishful thinking, I think.

Especially you don't beat them when they haven't done anything wrong. Not believing in something is NOT wrong or bad or evil.
First of all, I never said anything about punishing a child for eternity. I was simply using it as an example that actions have consequences. God does not send people to Hell for not believing in Him. They send themselves to Hell because they refused to admit that they are a sinner and spit in the face of God. They say that they want nothing to do with God. God simply grants them their wish. Think about the magnitude of such a crime. You are telling the One who created you and deserves your worship to f*ck off and die. If I was God, I be pretty pissed about that. Wouldn't you? And, as I have mentioned before, God gave us a way out. It's a free gift. You don't have to earn it. Simple believe and repent. BTW, the Bible teaches that everyone is born with an awareness of God. But most people suppress this awareness because they love their sin more than their Creator. Such selfish arrogance deserves eternity in Hell. Wouldn't you agree?

A way out of WHAT exactly? How about this God critter just leaves me alone? I didn't ask for him to create me. I will not worship something that places his own creations into a fire pit for "punishment." I think it is wrong and evil. That doesn't describe anything that I would ever consider "good."
God is not sending to Hell. YOU are! You are the one who sinned. You are the one who is rejecting a gift, bought at a terrible price. Quit blaming God. It's like blaming Bush. YOU are responsible for where you spend eternity. No one else.

I haven't sinned. I have done nothing wrong. I am a GOOD person.

Let's see just how far you would go with this mumbo jumbo.

If you heard a voice that you believed was a god and he asked you to sacrifice your child to prove your faithfulness to him (funny how HE demands proof - LOL), would you do it?

And that is exactly why you are going to Hell. The sin of pride. You have sinned. Everyone has.

If you heard a voice that you believed was a god and he asked you to sacrifice your child to prove your faithfulness to him (funny how HE demands proof - LOL), would you do it?
Please try to stay on topic. Better yet, I'll just ignore you. How's that?

That's fine. I won't throw you into a fire pit at least!

And that is exactly why you are going to Hell. The sin of pride. You have sinned. Everyone has.

It' has nothing to do with "pride." It has to do with the basic concepts of what is right an what is wrong. Torturing people for eternity for not believing in something and for a whole slew of other reasons that are probably included is WRONG to me. There is just no way to justify this act, and I felt the same way as a child. I struggled a lot with feeling that this was all wrong, and that is just one of the things that led me to believe that this is made up by men. The use of threats and violence and the secrecy of this entity are just some of the give aways. When it comes to religious beliefs, 2+2 never equals 4.

Yeah I didn't expect you to answer THAT one anyways. Lol. How could you? I wonder how deep your beliefs really run though? Would you? Only you really know.

Atheists are just as deluded as theists, as there's no proof that a god cannot be possible.
Again, you confuse the rational statement of a position with dogmatic adherence to a belief. I do not believe that God either exists, or doesn't exist. My belief is irrelevant to the rational, factual evidence. I hold the position of the Null Hypothesis: God does not exist. All I'm doing now, is waiting for someone to present me with objective, verifiable, empirical evidence to demonstrate that this position is false. I will then, willingly, adjust my position accordingly.

First of all, I never said anything about punishing a child for eternity.
Except that you used the disciplining of a child as an analogy with Hell. So, either you were advocating eternal punishment of a child, or your analogy was poorly crafted.
God does not send people to Hell for not believing in Him. They send themselves to Hell because they refused to admit that they are a sinner and spit in the face of God. They say that they want nothing to do with God. God simply grants them their wish. Think about the magnitude of such a crime. You are telling the One who created you and deserves your worship to f*ck off and die.
That is a gross misrepresentation of the Atheist. I have never, and do not now, tell God to "fuck off". I do not speak to God, at all. I maintain the position that God does not exist. Why would I speak to a mythical creature that I do not recognise as existing? You get how absurd that would be, right? And I am not even dogmatic about my position. Once presented with empirical, verifiable evidence of the existence of God, I will change my position.

God gave us a way out. It's a free gift. You don't have to earn it. Simple believe and repent. BTW, the Bible teaches that everyone is born with an awareness of God. But most people suppress this awareness because they love their sin more than their Creator. Such selfish arrogance deserves eternity in Hell. Wouldn't you agree?
However, again, that "gift" requires acceptance, as well as offering. In order to accept that gift, one must first accept that God exists. So, it really does come down to being threatened with eternity in Hell for not believing in the existence in a god for which there is no empirical evidence. Bringing us back to Chris' point of being punished for simply not believing a thing.

By the way, RWNJ , thought you wanted me to post a prophesy that got it wrong. I did, but you got nuthin to say. What's up with that?
Lol, I did the same. Still waiting for an answer myself. He even had the gall to call me out on dodging because it took me an hour or something too get back to him.

By the way, RWNJ , thought you wanted me to post a prophesy that got it wrong. I did, but you got nuthin to say. What's up with that?
Lol, I did the same. Still waiting for an answer myself. He even had the gall to call me out on dodging because it took me an hour or something too get back to him.
Yeah...I don't think he was actually prepared for a response. I think he actually believed what he said - the the alleged prophesies in the Bible were all 100% accurate. So, now that I have so thoroughly obliterated one of his precious Bible Prophesies, he has no clue how to respond. So, he just ignored my post, and hoped no one noticed it.

Yeah...I don't think he was actually prepared for a response. I think he actually believed what he said - the the alleged prophesies in the Bible were all 100% accurate. So, now that I have so thoroughly obliterated one of his precious Bible Prophesies, he has no clue how to respond. So, he just ignored my post, and hoped no one noticed it.

OK, genius. Show me one Bible prophecy that got it wrong. Just one.
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Now where exactly is Jesus called Immanuel?

This is not a personal name. In Isaiah 7:14 it is seen as fulfilled, not in the naming of Jesus, but in the whole account of His origin . It is not that Jesus ever bore the name Immanuel but that it indicates His role, bringing God's presence to man.

Immanuel (Hebrew: עִמָּנוּאֵל‎ meaning, "God with us"; also romanized Emmanuel, Imanu'el) is a Hebrew name which appears in the Book of Isaiah as a sign that God will protect the House of David.

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

Last time I checked the Nile is still wet!

The later history of Egypt presents so many pictures of oppressive government, that it is hard to say to which of them the picture thus drawn bears most resemblance.
The meaning is only that there shall be a great deficiency in the water supply.which has happened..

Quit deflecting. Show me one Bible prophecy that got it wrong.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

This type of circumcision, by definition a circumcision of the spirit and not the flesh, goes to the heart of a man, to his soul, his essence, his attitudes and relationship with God. Because this theme of an inner circumcision is so important, God repeats and stresses it, as in Deuteronomy 10:12-16:

And yet your all-powerful God is powerless to protect his good name from being perverted by them!!!

God gives each of us" Free Will " every single one of those people who lie, cheat, and steal against God , will ultimately have to answer to God..

Last edited:
Except that you used the disciplining of a child as an analogy with Hell. So, either you were advocating eternal punishment of a child, or your analogy was poorly crafted.
God does not send people to Hell for not believing in Him. They send themselves to Hell because they refused to admit that they are a sinner and spit in the face of God. They say that they want nothing to do with God. God simply grants them their wish. Think about the magnitude of such a crime. You are telling the One who created you and deserves your worship to f*ck off and die.
That is a gross misrepresentation of the Atheist. I have never, and do not now, tell God to "fuck off". I do not speak to God, at all. I maintain the position that God does not exist. Why would I speak to a mythical creature that I do not recognise as existing? You get how absurd that would be, right? And I am not even dogmatic about my position. Once presented with empirical, verifiable evidence of the existence of God, I will change my position.

God gave us a way out. It's a free gift. You don't have to earn it. Simple believe and repent. BTW, the Bible teaches that everyone is born with an awareness of God. But most people suppress this awareness because they love their sin more than their Creator. Such selfish arrogance deserves eternity in Hell. Wouldn't you agree?
However, again, that "gift" requires acceptance, as well as offering. In order to accept that gift, one must first accept that God exists. So, it really does come down to being threatened with eternity in Hell for not believing in the existence in a god for which there is no empirical evidence. Bringing us back to Chris' point of being punished for simply not believing a thing.

What is the offering that you are talking about..? The death of Jesus was the last offering God required. The last word of Jesus was..It is Finished..which means His work on earth is accomplished..

Many believers have already been in hell , and walked out through their journey with God..Most are not threatened by hell.

Now some religions put that lie into peoples heads where you have to jump through hoops to be forgiven and accepted by God.

Again that is man made up religion.... And there are those who even after becoming a christian run from the Fire and Brimstone lies..

What is the offering that you are talking about..? The death of Jesus was the last offering God required. The last word of Jesus was..It is Finished..which means His work on earth is accomplished..
I presumed that was the "gift" of which you speak. So, "God" offered this "gift" of getting into "heaven" because of his son sacrificing a bad weekend (You can't really say that he sacrificed his life, after all, he got back up, three days later, rather negating his life as a sacrifice).

Now, you can offer me a gift all you want, but until I accept that gift, it is rather useless, now isn't it? But to accept that gift, I first have to accept the proposition that God exists. And, well, we have already established what I require to accept that proposition (I'm still waiting). So, it all comes down to accepting the proposition of the existence of a God for which there is no empirical evidence. Bringing us back to Chris' point of being punished forever for simply choosing not to blindly believe something.

It takes no courage to be an atheist. What atheism does require, however, is that one suspend logical, rationale thought. That is all.

Forum List

Back