Atheism takes courage

You seem to think that a christian is less intelligent than a atheist..

No. I don't think that Christians are less intelligent that Atheists. Nor Muslims, Hindus, or any other, otherwise intelligent person, who, for reasons that boggle my mind, wilfully choose to ignore reason in favour of fantasy, mythology, and superstition.

Ask most Christians if they are afraid of Friday the 13th, or if they avoid walking under ladders, or if they get skitchy around black cats, and they look at you as if you are a moron, and they are shocked that you had the mental capacity to tie your own shoes that morning. Ask them if they left a cup of milk out for the gmoes, so they wouldn't break in at night to break their things, or if they had ever seen the Troll living under the bridge, or if the Elves had come to visit on a full moon, and they will wonder to themselves if they should be calling someone to fit you for one of those nice, self-hugging jackets.

Yet, these same rational, reasonable people, somehow, manage to turn off their reason, and buy in, whole hog, to the irrational idea that there is some magic, invisible Sky Man that made us, the planet, and the whole universe, without a single shred of objective, observable, verifiable evidence to support such an idea. It makes my head hurt.

I would love to comment on this in the morning...

...trying to profess ridiculous beliefs with a straight face that are contradicted by reality every day and night..

You mean like that the universe made itself, right? You gotta laugh at the atheists that think they're the smartest guys in the room when, in reality, they're dumb as a fucking brick. LOL. Thanks for the laugh!

...trying to profess ridiculous beliefs with a straight face that are contradicted by reality every day and night..

You mean like that the universe made itself, right? You gotta laugh at the atheists that think they're the smartest guys in the room when, in reality, they're dumb as a fucking brick. LOL. Thanks for the laugh!
Believing the Universe made itself is just as astounding as believing God made himself.

No. I don't think that Christians are less intelligent that Atheists. Nor Muslims, Hindus, or any other, otherwise intelligent person, who, for reasons that boggle my mind, wilfully choose to ignore reason in favour of fantasy, mythology, and superstition.

Ask most Christians if they are afraid of Friday the 13th, or if they avoid walking under ladders, or if they get skitchy around black cats, and they look at you as if you are a moron, and they are shocked that you had the mental capacity to tie your own shoes that morning. Ask them if they left a cup of milk out for the gmoes, so they wouldn't break in at night to break their things, or if they had ever seen the Troll living under the bridge, or if the Elves had come to visit on a full moon, and they will wonder to themselves if they should be calling someone to fit you for one of those nice, self-hugging jackets.

Yet, these same rational, reasonable people, somehow, manage to turn off their reason, and buy in, whole hog, to the irrational idea that there is some magic, invisible Sky Man that made us, the planet, and the whole universe, without a single shred of objective, observable, verifiable evidence to support such an idea. It makes my head hurt.

Most people with faith didn't just wake up in the morning and poof they believed .. it took searching for answers. Even the 12 disciples had lack of faith, until Jesus in the spirit came to them after 3 days dead..

Many were atheists , and agnostics who did ask God that if indeed He is real , show them.
Again it was not a poof experience .

You seem to think that a christian is less intelligent than a atheist , if you see the activity our brains in those scans I showed you, people with faith have brain scans that are more active ( consciously and subconsciously ) and like I said release the calming hormones into the body.

The greater activity in the brain could just be an indication of being in a perpetual state of cognitive dissonance, the release of calming hormones a response to the discomfit of trying to profess ridiculous beliefs with a straight face that are contradicted by reality every day and night..

Dude ,

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080414145705.htm

Dude, if you are not making decisions consciously, I suggest that you take control of your own mind unless you don't care about being driven unaware by repressed emotions and base instincts like being driven around through life with a monkey at the wheel...

I was thinking more of the belief in a god made man made matzo made by human hands that diddled a virgin so that 1/3 of him could become fully human and fully God and live among us saying things that no one understood and pissing everyone off until he was killed because God loved the Roman world so much.

A three in one edible mangod that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence never made anything.....

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:

After thought.. really pay attention to this because this may answer your question.

we have 2 significant parts of our brain... the Conscious part which talks to the Sub-Conscious to either quite down a behavior or continue a behavior by our outside influences..
Outside influences means what we feed our conscious on a daily basis.

Your decisions are made in your sub-conscious before your conscious even knows it.. ( link a few post back on how this is scientifically proven )

Your Sub-conscious is on while you sleep, and when you wake up your conscious turns off the autopilot and takes over.

I do feel that our un-conscious brain connects to God and our spirit , this is why many stories in the bible have God coming to them in a dream. Or people wake up from a family member saying they are ok after dying, or a person wakes up person can dream of their future and what they need to do.

When we wake up our conscious takes over and evaluates your surroundings ..this is why you forget dreams.

I honestly do believe people who have faith are connected with the sub-conscious by the stimuli of their experiences and studies.. .
While I do believe and atheist stays mostly in the conscious mode making decisions with what they see in front of them..

I can almost guarantee that this is what goes on..

I was thinking more of the belief in god made man made matzo made by human hands that diddled a virgin so that 1/3 of him could become fully human and fully God and live among us saying things that no one understood and pissing everyone off until he was killed because God loved the Roman world so much.

A three in one mangod that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence never made anything.....

You are Freaken Creepy.....

You seem to think that a christian is less intelligent than a atheist , if you see the activity our brains in those scans I showed you, people with faith have brain scans that are more active ( consciously and subconsciously ) and like I said release the calming hormones into the body.

The greater activity in the brain could just be an indication of being in a perpetual state of cognitive dissonance, the release of calming hormones a response to the discomfit of trying to profess ridiculous beliefs with a straight face that are contradicted by reality every day and night..

Dude ,

Dude, if you are not making decisions consciously, I suggest that you take control of your own mind unless you don't care about being driven unaware by repressed emotions and base instincts like being driven around through life with a monkey at the wheel...

LOL.. Read the link monkey... everyone of us make decisions Sub-Consciously before your Conscious even knows it..Go back and read that proven fact in the link I first gave you..

I was thinking more of the belief in god made man made matzo made by human hands that diddled a virgin so that 1/3 of him could become fully human and fully God and live among us saying things that no one understood and pissing everyone off until he was killed because God loved the Roman world so much.

A three in one mangod that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence never made anything.....

You are Freaken Creepy.....

lol...

Says the guy who thinks.... or rather doesn't

If you really want to get creeped out get to know yourself.

Wrong.

No one argues that the universe ‘created itself’ – whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Theists are masters of the appeal to ignorance fallacy – that the origin of the universe might remain unknown doesn’t mean the ‘answer’ is ‘god.’

Most people with faith didn't just wake up in the morning and poof they believed .. it took searching for answers. Even the 12 disciples had lack of faith, until Jesus in the spirit came to them after 3 days dead..

Many were atheists , and agnostics who did ask God that if indeed He is real , show them.
How do you know he came to them as spirit after 3 days dead?

Wrong.

No one argues that the universe ‘created itself’ – whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Theists are masters of the appeal to ignorance fallacy – that the origin of the universe might remain unknown doesn’t mean the ‘answer’ is ‘god.’

Not to mention that the story of Genesis upon which believers base their faith that God created the universe by speaking isn't even about the creation of the universe, the solar system, the earth, the first plants, animals or human beings...

The most astonishing thing about the whole damn thing is that when believers who profess to know the truth hear the truth they don't have the faith in the brains that God gave them to accept it.....

Wrong.

Not to mention that the story of Genesis upon which believers base their faith that God created the universe by speaking isn't even about the creation of the universe, the solar system, the earth, the first plants, animals or human beings...

The most astonishing thing about the whole damn thing is that when believers who profess to know the truth hear the truth they don't accept it.....

What is the truth?

How do you know he came to them as spirit after 3 days dead?

Thats what was written.

It just means that Jesus just appeared to them in dreams. It was their belief that dreams were the medium through which God communicates with human beings.

Seeing and speaking with Jesus in the dreamworld after he died would have convinced the disciples that Jesus received the promised reward of the righteous of having a place in the world to come and was alive and well and living in the realm of God.,

After thought.. really pay attention to this because this may answer your question.

we have 2 significant parts of our brain... the Conscious part which talks to the Sub-Conscious to either quite down a behavior or continue a behavior by our outside influences..
Outside influences means what we feed our conscious on a daily basis.

Your decisions are made in your sub-conscious before your conscious even knows it.. ( link a few post back on how this is scientifically proven )

Your Sub-conscious is on while you sleep, and when you wake up your conscious turns off the autopilot and takes over.

I do feel that our un-conscious brain connects to God and our spirit , this is why many stories in the bible have God coming to them in a dream. Or people wake up from a family member saying they are ok after dying, or a person wakes up person can dream of their future and what they need to do.

When we wake up our conscious takes over and evaluates your surroundings ..this is why you forget dreams.

I honestly do believe people who have faith are connected with the sub-conscious by the stimuli of their experiences and studies.. .
While I do believe and atheist stays mostly in the conscious mode making decisions with what they see in front of them..

I can almost guarantee that this is what goes on..

I remember my dreams. I have several dreams a night. They aren't messages from God or anyone else. Though sometimes I question the Author of these dreams as some are really creative. I've died in a dream. I've reminded myself it was a dream while in a dream. I've had adventures in dream, some realistic, most not. The longer the dream last the more likely it splinters apart into ridiculousness because either I or the dreams creator forgets facts that were placed earlier in the dream.

In some dreams I knew the answer when the characters in the dream didn't. I've seen dream characters make stupid mistakes, the are not omnipotent. Sometimes though a character would remember a name of something that I've forgotten. That tells me I'm not the author.

Most dreams are cycling through the same thing over and over again going through all the possibilities. Makes me feel like a failure because there are more ways to fail then to succeed so most of my dreams is of failing then of succeeding.

I've woken up from a dream to find myself inches above my bed slamming down into the mattress. I've written books from my dreams, though never published.

They are not from God. Whoever makes them is imperfect. Sometimes they are creative, sometimes they are just plain stupid. Almost all of them follow my rules, I can't be harmed in a dream and I can't edit a dream at my discretion should I chose to do so. Even when I'm shot and killed in a dream I rematerialize in another body and continue on the dream in the new persona.

Dude ,

LOL.. Read the link monkey... everyone of us make decisions Sub-Consciously before your Conscious even knows it..Go back and read that proven fact in the link I first gave you..

Sometimes you're on auto pilot. But you can take control if you chose to do so. People with anger management issues say it was out of their control. But it isn't, if you chose to control it.

Wrong.

The most astonishing thing about the whole damn thing is that when believers who profess to know the truth hear the truth they don't accept it.....

What is the truth?

Genesis is a story about the time in history 6000 years ago when God gave the law as a light to the nations which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true and false, good and evil,life and death in a world that was without form(lawless) and void and darkness(superstition) covered the face of the deep for the previous millions of years.

without the light from above, people were running amok without a clue...

Some things never change.....

Wrong.

The most astonishing thing about the whole damn thing is that when believers who profess to know the truth hear the truth they don't have the faith in the brains that God gave them to accept it.....
What is a day, prior to the creation of the Universe?

Forum List

Back