ATL/Shooting at McNair Learning Center

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
Shooter arrested at DeKalb elementary school; no injuries... | www.ajc.com

--no injuries
--suspect in custody--had an AK47--

~~it is some kind of a charter school--predominantly black~~

*I am actually fully capable of 'cutting' anyone who feels like saying something sarcastic or cynical about this--might not bother--generally don't--fyi.

--no more to be said, jmo

<A woman who appeared to be an official with DeKalb schools told parents through a crackly loudspeaker that, &#8220;the kids are safe. There are no injuries.&#8221;

But that didn&#8217;t satisfy many parents, some of whom called the official a &#8220;liar.&#8221;

&#8220;I don&#8217;t know what&#8217;s going on. I&#8217;m mad scared, upset, disappointed,&#8221; said Tiyuana Lewis, whose 8-year-old son Tarik, is still at the school. &#8220;I don&#8217;t know how a gunman could just walk into the school with all that security. It makes no sense.&#8221;

Several parents noted the school recently installed a buzzer system.

Classes will be held at McNair High School on Wednesday, authorities said.>

~~~~~
How I feel about this--the same as I felt about Sandy Hook.

A teacher for most of my life. I really cannot tell you when I stopped caring about 'lesser things'--I really might decide to vote for a ban on AK-47's--haven't heard one single reason yet why such a weapon is needed. fwiw.

hmmph--Every single day DeKalb PD responds to 'whatever goes on'--good job, again DeKalb PD. anybody who does anything to show some concern for others--rep yourselves.

I was on the way to Trader Joe's--heard this shared it with employee. we just shook our heads. you can go almost anywhere in the ATL and get along that way--no one wonders--lol--the things that I occasionally do.

Last edited:
If the perp is white then Jesse and Al are probably already on the plane.

really and truly --nobody gives a flip about them. haven't for years.

i can't explain. 'we' --fought it out--i guess. every way that it could be done.

sometimes I have driven over that way --to take newspapers to the nokill shelter. sounds pretty simple--think again. the nokill shelter/animals--is being run by 'true Liberals'--they are presumably focused on their mission--don't think 'the others' can ever understand. so insane---I would have done more--but all I could do was leave some newspapers.

a few weeks ago--after a long struggle--it was decided that ?an animal control facility could be built about 10 minutes from me. whether they will 'want' any kind of support --I wouldn't know. in which case--I can continue to support the Foundation at my vet. they sell candles--good candles--simple enough. must be the nicest people in the world--really all I can say.

it's pretty crazy--you cannot tell a liberal from a conservative here. nor should that be of any concern. that really will 'bother' someone.

I couldn't live in ATL. Just too damn many things going on, too hot.

it's really not--you just have to make some choices, generally. I am practically living in 'paradise'--when my brother was 'howling' from his meth--that was the biggest drama that I think we've had. i learned a lot from calling 911--so embarassing. 'that family'.

thankful I never had to make a statement to the media.

dogs, running, walking--about all we care about.

~~~~
?maybe you meant the weather--usually miserable at this time of year--humidity, mosquitoes--it has rained so much --all fine with me. hate the heat--?
my mind is just gone--might not even listen to the news--how will CNN ever explain this incident--

Last edited:
Shooter arrested at DeKalb elementary school; no injuries... | www.ajc.com

--no injuries
--suspect in custody--had an AK47--

~~it is some kind of a charter school--predominantly black~~

*I am actually fully capable of 'cutting' anyone who feels like saying something sarcastic or cynical about this--might not bother--generally don't--fyi.

--no more to be said, jmo

<A woman who appeared to be an official with DeKalb schools told parents through a crackly loudspeaker that, “the kids are safe. There are no injuries.”

But that didn’t satisfy many parents, some of whom called the official a “liar.”

“I don’t know what’s going on. I’m mad scared, upset, disappointed,” said Tiyuana Lewis, whose 8-year-old son Tarik, is still at the school. “I don’t know how a gunman could just walk into the school with all that security. It makes no sense.”

Several parents noted the school recently installed a buzzer system.

Classes will be held at McNair High School on Wednesday, authorities said.>

~~~~~
How I feel about this--the same as I felt about Sandy Hook.

A teacher for most of my life. I really cannot tell you when I stopped caring about 'lesser things'--I really might decide to vote for a ban on AK-47's--haven't heard one single reason yet why such a weapon is needed. fwiw.

hmmph--Every single day DeKalb PD responds to 'whatever goes on'--good job, again DeKalb PD. anybody who does anything to show some concern for others--rep yourselves.

I was on the way to Trader Joe's--heard this shared it with employee. we just shook our heads. you can go almost anywhere in the ATL and get along that way--no one wonders--lol--the things that I occasionally do.

I'm glad there were no injuries and those babies are safe.

I couldn't live in ATL. Just too damn many things going on, too hot.

it's really not--you just have to make some choices, generally. I am practically living in 'paradise'--when my brother was 'howling' from his meth--that was the biggest drama that I think we've had. i learned a lot from calling 911--so embarassing. 'that family'.

thankful I never had to make a statement to the media.

dogs, running, walking--about all we care about.

~~~~
?maybe you meant the weather--usually miserable at this time of year--humidity, mosquitoes--it has rained so much --all fine with me. hate the heat--?
my mind is just gone--might not even listen to the news--how will CNN ever explain this incident--

Hey, as long it's southern then it's OK by me. And you Georgia peaches have sexy accents.

New location on DeKalb County animal shelter decided - CBS Atlanta 46

another fascinating story--

after my brother died from cancer --from all the meth and whatever--my mother went out of her mind--so I ended up rescuing a dog --while visiting a friend in 'the mountains'--a very nice dog--then found out I had rescued a Pitt mix. we have ordinances--my mother called animal control--and I had to take public transportation to downtown and then to the animal control facility. drive back to the mountains--witch friend wouldn't let me stay--but I found that dog a good home.

things like this have happened to me --'too many times'--all I will say. no reason. had I been able to 'move across the country' --away from my Southern family--as my cousin did--things would have been fine.

if the truth could be told--I should now be purchasing handbags in Switzerland--all I can say. it is the WASP way--and I struggle to understand what is so great about it.

thankful for Trader Joe's--I've been a few times--treats for my dog--and some kind of ale for me. the stupidest way to live that I have ever heard of.

however others may find to live--it has to be better than what I came up with. if not--my eternal prayers go out to you.

Forum List

Back