Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book

From the Washington Post

Cochran wrote: “Uncleanness — whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.”

In another section, Cochran wrote that “naked men refuse to give in, so they pursue sexual fulfillment through multiple partners, with the opposite sex, the same sex and sex outside of marriage and many other vile, vulgar and inappropriate ways which defile their body-temple and dishonor God.”

The mayor’s administration learned about the book after employees complained about it last week.

Although the mayor’s decision to suspend Cochran seems to focus on Cochran’s comments about LGBT people, along with complaints about the chief distributing materials to employees,

I wonder how long I would keep my job if I were to hand out books to employees saying all Christian Righties are going to hell? LOL!

How about nobody loses their job for their private viewpoints and the practice of their faith?

That's the "liberalism" that defined this country to begin with.

Apparently the city has policies on discrimination, and the chief should have looked into that before passing out his hate material to employees.

It doesn't matter what their "policy" was if it violates his civil liberties. Somehow I SWEAR I've heard that argument droned repeatedly in the gay marriage debates.

You people don't stand for civil rights, just the ones you agree with. If it isn't pot or gay butt sex, hell, nobody has ANY rights.

I'm standing for the civil rights of the people he's discriminating against.

Exactly how did he "discriminate"?

I'm not the topic. The guy wrote a book. Big deal. Where is your tolerance?
You might not be clear on what tolerance is. Tolerance is fighting for all demographic groups to be treated equally. Tolerance is preventing this fire chief bigot from hurting anybody.
Who was he hurting, racist?

Ask the employees.
I'm asking you, racist. You're the one making the accusations.

From the Washington Post

In one, Cochran wrote: “Uncleanness — whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.”

In another section, Cochran wrote that “naked men refuse to give in, so they pursue sexual fulfillment through multiple partners, with the opposite sex, the same sex and sex outside of marriage and many other vile, vulgar and inappropriate ways which defile their body-temple and dishonor God.”

The mayor’s administration learned about the book after employees complained about it last week.

Although the mayor’s decision to suspend Cochran seems to focus on Cochran’s comments about LGBT people, along with complaints about the chief distributing materials to employees,

I wonder how long I would keep my job if I were to hand out books to employees saying all Christian Righties are going to hell? LOL!
From the Washington Post

In one, Cochran wrote: “Uncleanness — whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.”

You'd be okay and you know it. Right wing Christians aren't a protected class.

The oppressed majority certainly likes to whine a lot.

I understand your view. My point is a citizen has lost his livelihood for doing no more than writing a book that offends a protected political class and pandering for their vote by a corrupt mayor. Do you see my view?
You left out distributing the book to his employees
Whose rights did that violate, racist?

From the Washington Post

Cochran wrote: “Uncleanness — whatever is opposite of purity; including sodomy, homosexuality, lesbianism, pederasty, bestiality, all other forms of sexual perversion.”

How about nobody loses their job for their private viewpoints and the practice of their faith?

Apparently the city has policies on discrimination, and the chief should have looked into that before passing out his hate material to employees.

It doesn't matter what their "policy" was if it violates his civil liberties. Somehow I SWEAR I've heard that argument droned repeatedly in the gay marriage debates.

You people don't stand for civil rights, just the ones you agree with. If it isn't pot or gay butt sex, hell, nobody has ANY rights.

You'll have to ask the employees and whoever was in charge of the investigation.

You might not be clear on what tolerance is. Tolerance is fighting for all demographic groups to be treated equally. Tolerance is preventing this fire chief bigot from hurting anybody.

Ask the employees.

I don't have inside information, I only know what I read in the article.

You'll have to ask the employees and whoever was in charge of the investigation.
Dumbass racist, you're the one who made the accusation. I can't prove a negative. You said he discriminated. Against who?

From the Washington Post

It's not a private viewpoint if he puts it in a book and hands it out to the employees, you big dummy.

Ask the employees.

I don't have inside information, I only know what I read in the article.
You must have inside info because apparently you think he discriminated. So make with it already. What do you know that the rest of us don't? Or do you just not like black people?

From the Washington Post

From the Washington Post

I understand your view. My point is a citizen has lost his livelihood for doing no more than writing a book that offends a protected political class and pandering for their vote by a corrupt mayor. Do you see my view?

Jehovah's Witnesses are always handing me stuff. How about you?

From the Washington Post

It's not a private viewpoint if he puts it in a book and hands it out to the employees, you big dummy.

It most certainly is. He wrote the book.

From the Washington Post

How do you know he didn't give it to just those who wanted it? That's the problem with people like you, assuming the worst about black people when you don't have the facts, just your racist assumptions.

Dumbass racist, you're the one who made the accusation. I can't prove a negative. You said he discriminated. Against who?

Obviously when you compare homosexuality to bestiality, you are discriminating against gay people, you idiot. I'm not sure about the discrimination policies the city has, but they did an investigation and determined that he did in fact discriminate.

From the Washington Post

How do you know he didn't give it to just those who wanted it? That's the problem with people like you, assuming the worst about black people when you don't have the facts, just your racist assumptions.

Because the employees are the ones who filed the complaint. Try to keep up.

From the Washington Post

From the Washington Post

It violated the city's non-discrimination policy.

I'm curious, would you support a muslim fire chief distributing a book he wrote condemning people that behaved contrary to his ideals?

Obviously when you compare homosexuality to bestiality, you are discriminating against gay people, you idiot. I'm not sure about the discrimination policies the city has, but they did an investigation and determined that he did in fact discriminate.
Really? Is that what they determined? Do you have a quote on that or did you just assume it because he's black?

I'm curious, would you support a muslim fire chief distributing a book he wrote condemning people that behaved contrary to his ideals?
Yes. I'm a liberal, not a totalitarian Leftist.

From the Washington Post

Because the employees are the ones who filed the complaint. Try to keep up.

How many employees were offended?

The only Muslims I support are dead Muslims.

Really? Is that what they determined? Do you have a quote on that or did you just assume it because he's black?

I like how you're not afraid to humiliate and make yourself look like a dumbass. Go read the article.

Forum List

Back