Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book

That's your interpretation. The 1st Amendment says government cannot prohibit the free practice of religion. When you have government doing just that, you profane the U.S. Constitution.

No, that is your ignorance.

The government is prohibited from doing anything that in any way could be construed as an endorsement of any religion over any other.

This includes all government functionaries being prohibited from same.

This is basic Civics.

Let me guess - Christian schools for Social Studies eh?

Regards from Rosie

You've got it backwards. The government cannot prohibit free speech and religious belief. The Chief didn't endorse anything. He wrote a book. Get over it.

Read my link and weep.

Get it straight.

Regards from Rosie

Kiss my ass and grin.

Regards from Neil N. Blow me.

Interesting way to show you are a complete failure.

Fool.

Regards from Rosie

Oh, go fuck a goat, you ignorant leftist hog.

Regards from Old McDonald.

Is Jesus Christ a homophobe too? Do you want that on your resume' when you face him one day? I do not think so. This is America. Sodomy used to be against the law. What happened to that?!
respect for Constitutional rights.

Funny you would bring up constitutional rights when this man's are being denied.
Oh? What constitutional right has been denied?

Are you kidding me, Bodie? Give it up.

As soon as he used his supervisory position to endorse a Christian doctrine, he was done.

No portion of government may favor the establishment of any religion over any other: Establishment Clause of the US Constitution.

Including any and all government functionaries.

Ignorance means job loss.

He would make a good kiddy party clown, however.

Regards from Rosie

He wrote a book. He didn't endorse anything. This is America. He's a black man and you're a racist.

The government is prohibited from doing anything that in any way could be construed as an endorsement of any religion over any other.

This is basic Civics.

Regards from Rosie

You've got it backwards. The government cannot prohibit free speech and religious belief. The Chief didn't endorse anything. He wrote a book. Get over it.

Read my link and weep.

Get it straight.

Regards from Rosie

Kiss my ass and grin.

Fool.

Regards from Rosie

Tsk. Tsk. You won't get the gheys by baring your ass; and you won't get the religious by talking like a Muslim fanatic.

You ain't much use to anyone, assclown.

Regards from Rosie

When you can get fired just for what you post on your Facebook page, this taxpayer paid moron had no expectation of continuing his employment after bringing both religion and homophobia into a secular, TAXPAYER FUNDED workplace.

Regards from Rosie
Government employees don't forfeit their rights anymore than someone in the private sector.

That's your interpretation. The 1st Amendment says government cannot prohibit the free practice of religion. When you have government doing just that, you profane the U.S. Constitution.

This is basic Civics.

Regards from Rosie

Read my link and weep.

Get it straight.

Regards from Rosie

Kiss my ass and grin.

Fool.

Regards from Rosie

Why do you Leftists hate black people so much that you'll dredge up ANY excuse to fire them from high positions?

Funny you would bring up constitutional rights when this man's are being denied.

As soon as he used his supervisory position to endorse a Christian doctrine, he was done.

No portion of government may favor the establishment of any religion over any other: Establishment Clause of the US Constitution.

Regards from Rosie

He wrote a book. He didn't endorse anything. This is America. He's a black man and you're a racist.

More inane idiocy.

Regards from Rosie

When you can get fired just for what you post on your Facebook page, this taxpayer paid moron had no expectation of continuing his employment after bringing both religion and homophobia into a secular, TAXPAYER FUNDED workplace.

Regards from Rosie
Government employees don't forfeit their rights anymore than someone in the private sector.

Yes they do. They forfeit job protection if they try to push any religion or religious tracts on anyone at work.

Not even the most left leaning union can save their job.

Regards from Rosie

Read my link and weep.

Get it straight.

Regards from Rosie

Kiss my ass and grin.

Fool.

Regards from Rosie

Tsk. Tsk. You won't get the gheys by baring your ass; and you won't get the religious by talking like a Muslim fanatic.

You ain't much use to anyone, assclown.

Regards from Rosie

Why are you all on the racist Left trying to keep black people out of positions of power? Don't you think your racial discrimination and hateful bigotry are antiquated relics from the past?

Is Jesus Christ a homophobe too? Do you want that on your resume' when you face him one day? I do not think so. This is America. Sodomy used to be against the law. What happened to that?!

Regards from Rosie
Your interpretation of our Constitutuion is a perversion.

Regards from Rosie

Yes they do. They forfeit job protection if they try to push any religion or religious tracts on anyone at work.

Regards from Rosie

To the racist, how is writing a book in one's private time grounds for termination...unless you just don't like black people?

That's not why he was fired.

Get a real news source that doesn't put a spin on it.

He was a homophobe who made people sick.

Listen up. I am thankful to Clementine for posting this thread. Once again we see that USMB delivers news where the mainstream media fails to deliver. So on that note, I'll have to look up this fire Chief and let him know that he has a few people in his corner. At least a few.
Did Jesus say anything about gays? The truth now....don't bear false witness.
Yes he did.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Leviticus 18:22

Jesus IS the God of the Old Testament; triune and in pluperfect unity from everlasting to everlasting.
Leviticus? That's way before your Jesus was born......sorry, liar.
You didn't understand the post. No surprise.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "Before Abraham was, I am."?

Time to fire up another brain cell.
So you say....:lol:

Regards from Rosie

More inane idiocy.

Regards from Rosie

The Mayor is a racist and so are you.

Regards from Jimmy Durante.

Listen up. I am thankful to Clementine for posting this thread. Once again we see that USMB delivers news where the mainstream media fails to deliver. So on that note, I'll have to look up this fire Chief and let him know that he has a few people in his corner. At least a few.
Did Jesus say anything about gays? The truth now....don't bear false witness.
Yes he did.

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Leviticus 18:22

Jesus IS the God of the Old Testament; triune and in pluperfect unity from everlasting to everlasting.
Leviticus? That's way before your Jesus was born......sorry, liar.
You didn't understand the post. No surprise.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "Before Abraham was, I am."?

Time to fire up another brain cell.
So you say....:lol:

So Jesus said. John 8:58. You can't just pick and choose the things he said that you like and dismiss all the rest.

You've just been proven wrong.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

To the racist, how is writing a book in one's private time grounds for termination...unless you just don't like black people?
There it is. :lol:

The guy wrote the book on his own time. He was fired because he doesn't support gays. While I would disagree with him, he still has that right.

Is it going to become commonplace for people to get fired from government jobs because of their religious beliefs? It's one thing if people push their religion on co-workers. What a person does on their time off is their own business. He didn't break any laws. He merely holds views that are not politically correct.

Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Expressing Christian Beliefs
He needs to take their ass to court. We have a right to our beliefs.

Not in a government funded workplace you don't.

Regards from Rosie
That is idiotic. So Christians can't work in government jobs is your opinion? A fucking Muslim is your President!

Regards from Rosie

More inane idiocy.

Regards from Rosie

And there it is again. :lol:

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

There it is. :lol:

You people have a long way to go to prove you aren't racists after firing a black fire chief.

Good luck on that.

Regards from Rosie

More inane idiocy.

Regards from Rosie

And there it is again. :lol:

Explain.

Wrong. Congress may not establish an official state religion. That's all the 1st Amendment means. When you interpret it to mean that nobody can PRACTICE their personal faith, then you profane the Constitution.

In a taxpayer funded agency, the "practice" of religion is forbidden due to the government being prohibited from establishing any religion. The government must favor no religion.

That means no prayer in schools, no holiday time for Christians but not Jews or Muslims, etc.
The government must not assist any religion at all.

If you deem that profane, YOU have the problem; not our local, state and Federal governments.

Regards from Rosie

This is basic Civics.

Regards from Rosie

Read my link and weep.

Get it straight.

Regards from Rosie
We all know what the establishment clause means Rosie. Please re read the free exercise clause that follows it.

Forum List

Back