"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

Well....Atlas Shrugged had its long awaited premier and will be out of the theaters by next week

Did it....."Change the face of American politics" ?.........Nope
"i further suggest that this hollywood production will play a large roll in unseating the president of obama, how ultimately and deliciously ironic.".........Nope

"how do you like us now. " ....... Same old Rand Libertarians overworshipping her novel. Kind of like Scientologists

yes, and so might i, i just got the permit applications from the national parks department... to stage a series of birher rallies begining this summer after the fourth of july, right here in beautiful in washington d.c. hope to see you there !!. trump says he's omaba's biggest nightmare, neither has ever met me, but you can read all about that on my website.

Cool

Maybe you can hand out Atlas Shrugged DVDs to everyone there. They should be in the bargain bin by then and you could probably pick them up for 25 cents a copy

yes, and so might i, i just got the permit applications from the national parks department... to stage a series of birher rallies begining this summer after the fourth of july, right here in beautiful in washington d.c. hope to see you there !!. trump says he's omaba's biggest nightmare, neither has ever met me, but you can read all about that on my website.

On an off-topic note, you may want to try to find a web designer (a lot of fresh grads will redesign a site quick and cheap) or even just use a standard web template for your website. The layout is extremely garish, cluttered, and hard to navigate. If you want to get people interested or involved in joining your cause, it helps not to have a site that looks like something a 14-year-old created on Angelfire in 1996. It's quite off-putting and amateurish, I think it'll make it harder for people to take you seriously.

Last edited:
Well....Atlas Shrugged had its long awaited premier and will be out of the theaters by next week

Did it....."Change the face of American politics" ?.........Nope
"i further suggest that this hollywood production will play a large roll in unseating the president of obama, how ultimately and deliciously ironic.".........Nope

"how do you like us now. " ....... Same old Rand Libertarians overworshipping her novel. Kind of like Scientologists

Cool

Maybe you can hand out Atlas Shrugged DVDs to everyone there. They should be in the bargain bin by then and you could probably pick them up for 25 cents a copy

wouldn't that be capitalism ??

So....how was it?

To the 3 people, if that, that actually had to be paid to go see it.

Last edited:
ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART I
This comically tasteless and flavorless adaptation of Ayn Rand’s bombastic magnum opus delivers her simplistic nostrums with smug self-satisfaction.

Read more Movies : The New Yorker

That link didn't have it.

This link does: Atlas Shrugged: Part I : The New Yorker

So it looks like the next one will go straight to DVD, if that huh?

Figures....

:lol:
lol
Actually it does, but you have to go to page two by clicking at the bottom of the page.
Thanks, for the direct link.

So....how was it?

It was okay.

Not nearly as bad as the detractors claim, but low budget and very slow moving.

I was skeptical when I first heard that a film was being made - this doesn't seem like one that would translate well.

I know Rand and like the book, I could follow along. My wife got confused - BUT the film still held her interest.

The subject matter is excellent, as is the message. The action is pretty well non-existent. Acting was okay. Sets were surprisingly good, given the budget.

I'd give it 6 out of 10.

So....how was it?

It was okay.

Not nearly as bad as the detractors claim, but low budget and very slow moving.

I was skeptical when I first heard that a film was being made - this doesn't seem like one that would translate well.

I know Rand and like the book, I could follow along. My wife got confused - BUT the film still held her interest.

The subject matter is excellent, as is the message. The action is pretty well non-existent. Acting was okay. Sets were surprisingly good, given the budget.

I'd give it 6 out of 10.
Somewhere early in this thread I stated something to the effect of this being one, big, made-for-tv/video/theatre B-movie.

Couldn't find it though.

So how was the turn-out in the theater? And if you don't mind what city/state?

[Somewhere early in this thread I stated something to the effect of this being one, big, made-for-tv/video/theatre B-movie.

Couldn't find it though.

Yeah, TV Movie level is pretty accurate.

I went to the Regency South Coast in Orange, California. It was a premier party sponsored by the Orange Country Register. They had a pre-viewing reception with hors dourves. It was not in the largest theater but one of the middle sized ones. The place was packed to capacity.

[Somewhere early in this thread I stated something to the effect of this being one, big, made-for-tv/video/theatre B-movie.

Couldn't find it though.

Yeah, TV Movie level is pretty accurate.

I went to the Regency South Coast in Orange, California. It was a premier party sponsored by the Orange Country Register. They had a pre-viewing reception with hors dourves. It was not in the largest theater but one of the middle sized ones. The place was packed to capacity.

Thanks for sharing. People came from near and far huh?

Interesting the demise of this film is being touted, yet it had the second highest per theater gross this weekend. Next weekend, 1000 more theaters. Now, that could be because devotees went. Or it could be it's actually good. We'll see.

Interesting the demise of this film is being touted, yet it had the second highest per theater gross this weekend. Next weekend, 1000 more theaters. Now, that could be because devotees went. Or it could be it's actually good. We'll see.

We will see, of course. But "per screen" numbers don't mean anything when it's only playing on one screen in each city.

It played in Duluth in the ATL area.

Maybe ATLRadioGuy went to see it.

No it didn't. Where'd you get that? It had the ninth highest per screen average.

Weekend Box Office Results for April 15-17, 2011 - Box Office Mojo

April 15-17 weekend:

Double Hour $15,123 per screen average
Evil Bong 3-D $12,265 per screen average
Rio $10,252 per screen average
Blank City $9,184 per screen average
The Princess of Montpensier $7,819 per screen average
Meek's Cutoff $7,046 per screen average
Deep Sea 3-D $6,852 per screen average
Scream 4 $5,656 per screen average
Atlas Shrugged: Part I $5,640 per screen average

Per screen numbers do mean something, but the fewer the number of theaters the higher that number will be, which is why independent films often have a higher per screen average yet obviously don't make nearly as much money as studio productions and more often than not fail to make back their budget and marketing costs. When an independent film is a big hit in a small number of theaters and that justifies a wider release and suggests there's sufficient interest that it will do well in say 1,000 or even 3,000 theaters, it tends to have a significantly higher per screen average than $5,640. Black Swan for instance had an $80, 212 per screen average its first week of release. Or to use a lower budget film than Swan or Atlas that had no stars and was a political polemic, Fahrenheit 9/11 had a per screen average of $27, 588 its opening weekend and in only 868 theaters or less than 3 times as many as Atlas Shrugged, it was the #1 film at the box-office overall, taking in $23.9 million and beating out 12 films that were playing in 2,000-3,400 theaters. $5,000 per screen in 300 theaters suggests it will not gross nearly enough to be considered a hit or cultural phenomenon and is not even likely to make back its $10 million. Hell, it made less than half the per screen of a movie called "Evil Bong 3-D."

I like how the goal posts have been moved too from changing the face of American politics to not being a dismal failure. Fahrenheit grossed $119 million domestic and even that certainly didn't change the face of American politics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back