🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

ATT charged $300 to $500 for going over data limit

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I've been farting around with this for two months now and finally got a real bull dog of an agent who discovered that someone was piggybacking off my signal. I never watch TV during the night and yet, there it was - hours and hours of streaming between the hours of 1AM to 6AM. Especially 2-4AM.

Bulldog agent said its actually quite easy to do.

I changed my password and will change it regularly and ATT refunded all that money. I'm also checking my usage regularly.

I've been farting around with this for two months now and finally got a real bull dog of an agent who discovered that someone was piggybacking off my signal. I never watch TV during the night and yet, there it was - hours and hours of streaming between the hours of 1AM to 6AM. Especially 2-4AM.

Bulldog agent said its actually quite easy to do.

I changed my password and will change it regularly and ATT refunded all that money. I'm also checking my usage regularly.

I did away with ATT internet when they switched to 4G. I was on an unlimited fixed price for life plan from another carrier they bought but then started dicking me around when I refused to make any changes because any changes kicked me off unlimited internet for $40 bucks. When they switched to 4G, suddenly 3G started working about like dial up and they only solution was to "upgrade" that would have gotten me kicked off my no limit plan so I ditched them completely.

If reports that Comcast is going to start charging based on data caps next year hold true, I will be dropping them. My household sucks up data.

Well, I would love to suck up data. We're very rural so our options are limited. I'm no fan of ATT but no other has been as good for internet, phone and TV.

For movies, I rent from Netflix. Rememberl back in the 90s? We all thought that was so cool. They send out discs and we send them back. Wowie Zowie.

So we've been binging Handmaid's Tale but have to wait for the damn discs to arrive.

Anyway, I'm just glad to know what was going on and ordered a cord so I can hook my phone to the tv so I can use my personal hotspot.

Forum List

Back